CSNbbs
UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+----- Forum: Sun Belt Smack Talk (/forum-309.html)
+----- Thread: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... (/thread-685022.html)

UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - insideualr - 04-04-2014 12:04 PM

http://www.katv.com/story/25158653/seven-players-one-coach-suspended-after-uca-ualr-brawl

Probably not the best way to make the news

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - CrazyCajun - 04-04-2014 02:00 PM

(04-04-2014 12:04 PM)insideualr Wrote:  http://www.katv.com/story/25158653/seven-players-one-coach-suspended-after-uca-ualr-brawl

UALR athletes should be use to this by now, afterall they are on campus in downtown Little Rock!03-lmfao

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - chiefsfan - 04-04-2014 02:02 PM

(04-04-2014 02:00 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 12:04 PM)insideualr Wrote:  http://www.katv.com/story/25158653/seven-players-one-coach-suspended-after-uca-ualr-brawl

UALR athletes should be use to this by now, afterall they are on campus in downtown Little Rock!03-lmfao

I don't know if other SBC teams do this...but one of the fun ways to initiate Freshman players at ASU is to make them pick up all the batting practice home runs at UALR games. Often times they'll take a baseball bit with them as protection.

And UALR is nowhere near downtown LR. They are in the South part of town, where a lot of the crime occurs.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - arkstfan - 04-04-2014 02:09 PM

(04-04-2014 02:02 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I don't know if other SBC teams do this...but one of the fun ways to initiate Freshman players at ASU is to make them pick up all the batting practice home runs at UALR games. Often times they'll take a baseball bit with them as protection.

And UALR is nowhere near downtown LR. They are in the South part of town, where a lot of the crime occurs.

I was making fun of the fans on AStatenation afraid to go down by UALR's baseball stadium because of crime one day. Later in the day I go to lunch down by campus and as I'm driving back the traffic just comes to a dead stop. Some guy is running from cops and about five cops on foot are chasing him while several squad cars are busting through traffic trying to get ahead and cut off his path. It was like watching Benny Hill without the music.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - mjs - 04-04-2014 03:00 PM

(04-04-2014 02:09 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 02:02 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

I was making fun of the fans on AStatenation afraid to go down by UALR's baseball stadium because of crime one day. Later in the day I go to lunch down by campus and as I'm driving back the traffic just comes to a dead stop. Some guy is running from cops and about five cops on foot are chasing him while several squad cars are busting through traffic trying to get ahead and cut off his path. It was like watching Benny Hill without the music.

The baseball stadium is in an older, middle class residential neighborhood. Nothing wrong with it at all. The south end of campus is on Asher Street which is not a great area, but it is quite a ways from downtown.

UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - LR Alum - 04-04-2014 04:05 PM

It's always funny when asu fans try to take a dig on ualr location. Especially when their campus in located in the armpit of Arkansas.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - arkstfan - 04-04-2014 04:44 PM

(04-04-2014 04:05 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  It's always funny when asu fans try to take a dig on ualr location. Especially when their campus in located in the armpit of Arkansas.

Stupid response.

Ask your coaches how many times the storage at your baseball facility has been broken into.

I live in Sherwood, work in Little Rock and have no plans to leave Central Arkansas but I work frequently in Jonesboro, if you think it's the arm pit you are flat ignorant or lack the ability to come up with any sort of smack that is beyond the 6th grade playground level and AState isn't the school that once had a student guide tell a group touring that the creek there is where they found the body.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - ark30inf - 04-04-2014 05:14 PM

(04-04-2014 04:05 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  It's always funny when asu fans try to take a dig on ualr location. Especially when their campus in located in the armpit of Arkansas.

I wouldn't trade you.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - OsageJ - 04-04-2014 05:16 PM

Come on guys give them a break. They also think Steve Shields and Scott Norwood are good coaches.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - LR Alum - 04-04-2014 05:28 PM

(04-04-2014 04:44 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  

Stupid response.

Ask your coaches how many times the storage at your baseball facility has been broken into.

I live in Sherwood, work in Little Rock and have no plans to leave Central Arkansas but I work frequently in Jonesboro, if you think it's the arm pit you are flat ignorant or lack the ability to come up with any sort of smack that is beyond the 6th grade playground level and AState isn't the school that once had a student guide tell a group touring that the creek there is where they found the body.

Good for you about living in Sherwood, working in Little Rock. I don't have to ask the coaches anything, I know the area by Curran Conway is rough. I have family and friends that live near there. When I lived in Arkansas, I worked a lot in northeast Arkansas (Paragould, Jonesboro, Walnut Ridge). I didn't mean to get your blood pressure up, so I'll rephrase. Jonesboro is not a place I would want to live.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - PTJR - 04-04-2014 05:58 PM

(04-04-2014 05:28 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  

Stupid response.

Good for you about living in Sherwood, working in Little Rock. I don't have to ask the coaches anything, I know the area by Curran Conway is rough. I have family and friends that live near there. When I lived in Arkansas, I worked a lot in northeast Arkansas (Paragould, Jonesboro, Walnut Ridge). I didn't mean to get your blood pressure up, so I'll rephrase. Jonesboro is not a place I would want to live.

The country Rubes at ASU don't like it when the truth is pointed out.

UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - arkstfan - 04-04-2014 06:11 PM

(04-04-2014 05:58 PM)PTJR Wrote:  

Stupid response.

Don't y'all have another sport you need to drop?

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - LR Alum - 04-04-2014 06:29 PM

(04-04-2014 06:11 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(04-04-2014 05:58 PM)PTJR Wrote:  

Stupid response.

Don't y'all have another sport you need to drop?

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Hmmm...that post may be 5th grade playground level!

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - hb8 - 04-04-2014 06:44 PM

So, specific factual allegations not contested: body in the creek by campus; police pedestrian chase by campus; multiple break ins at the baseball er "stadium".

Responded to by vague conclusatory insults of arm pit and rubes that the SBC fans that have been to stAte know are inaccurate.

I think we'll declare victory and move on.

Oh, please don't hold the little misunderstanding in Conway against Norwood and his continued employment at arksnsas@little rock. Could have happened to anyone. Really, he needs to stay.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - LR Alum - 04-04-2014 06:56 PM

Oh yeah, we know ASU campus is so safe:
http://archive.thv11.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=61152
http://asunews.astate.edu/CampusShooting4.16.10.htm

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - PTJR - 04-04-2014 08:32 PM

(04-04-2014 06:56 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  Oh yeah, we know ASU campus is so safe:
http://archive.thv11.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=61152
http://asunews.astate.edu/CampusShooting4.16.10.htm

The fact is, no matter how the ASU guys want to spin it, that ASU is in a backwater town in a backwater region of a backwater state. So no matter what they want to say about Little Rock, it is still light years ahead of the northeast rural delta region of Arkansas. End of story.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - southernwolf - 05-17-2014 09:27 AM

Stupid response.

And believe me, we don't want you or any of that arrogant Little Rock crowd in Jonesboro. Stay in Little Rock with your little Piggies.

RE: UALR VS UCA baseball.....small fight..... - FAUAEPi - 05-17-2014 09:54 AM

Honestly, Arkansas is the armpit of America. So... yeah....