CSNbbs
Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach (/thread-680265.html)

Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - StanMolsonMan - 03-06-2014 05:39 PM

The man coached Megatron. I am cool with that.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-state-hires-lappano-as-wr-coach/nd7Dy/

RE: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - Hammer 22 - 03-06-2014 05:46 PM

Definitely a good hire.

It's only a matter of time before GSU is making the Sunbelt proud in football. We have a ways to go, and I'm honest enough to admit that. But, we are making strides everyday.

RE: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - panama - 03-06-2014 08:43 PM

Saban and Kiffin steal away WR coach with NFL ties.
Miles dials up Rolodex for WR coach with NFL ties.

Amazing

RE: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - TrueBlueAlum - 03-06-2014 10:10 PM

(03-06-2014 08:43 PM)panama Wrote:  Saban and Kiffin steal away WR coach with NFL ties.

Amazing

I'm hoping he works out well for you guys. I honestly don't know much about him though. The last NFL coach we had on our sidelines led us to our worst season in program history. Should help a lot though just having him as a position coach.

RE: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - The4thOption - 03-07-2014 10:20 AM

(03-06-2014 08:43 PM)panama Wrote:  Saban and Kiffin steal away WR coach with NFL ties.

Amazing

What is amazing is how Kiffin keeps getting hired. I mean, I think he knows his offensive stuff (pun intended)... seems he makes enemies everywhere he goes and leaves the place in a controversial mess! Oakland, Tennessee, USC..

Imagine having Kiffin as OC and VanDOODOOhead as DC. As an AD - your stress level would probably cause your blood pressure to raise to the point that your head would explode!

RE: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - panama - 03-07-2014 10:22 AM

(03-07-2014 10:20 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  

Amazing

What is amazing is how Kiffin keeps getting hired. I mean, I think he knows his offensive stuff (pun intended)... seems he makes enemies everywhere he goes and leaves the place in a controversial mess! Oakland, Tennessee, USC..

Imagine having Kiffin as OC and VanDOODOOhead as DC. As an AD - your stress level would probably cause your blood pressure to raise to the point that your head would explode!

Kiffin is VERY good at X&O passing game coordination. Just dont have him as the CEO of your football program.

RE: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - The4thOption - 03-07-2014 10:40 AM

(03-07-2014 10:22 AM)panama Wrote:  
(03-07-2014 10:20 AM)The4thOption Wrote:  

Amazing

Kiffin is VERY good at X&O passing game coordination. Just dont have him as the CEO of your football program.

Sounds like he is a douche bag of a guy and bad for the locker room though. Much like Van Gonad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane_Kiffin

RE: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - GoApps70 - 03-07-2014 12:30 PM

Never seen anything great about Kiffin other than his ability to hire his father every now and then.
He sure knows how to burn bridges though.

RE: Georgia State hires Detroit Lions Lappano as WR coach - GaStPanthers - 03-07-2014 01:17 PM

Just to clarify for those out there. Georgia State didn't hire Kiffin.

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't confusion on that.