CSNbbs
Sun Belt Rivalry Games - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Sun Belt Rivalry Games (/thread-664366.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sun Belt Rivalry Games - CB Eagle - 11-30-2013 03:19 PM

With the Eagles being new to the Sun Belt and never having followed the conference before I was wondering what the current Sun Belt rivalry games are? What's the best one? Oldest? Who plays who on rivalry Saturday?

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - chiefsfan - 11-30-2013 03:22 PM

SBC does not traditionally have a rivalry Saturday. We have a few rivalries, but no one ever plays this week every season. Cajuns/Warhawks play almost every November it seems, but not always this weekend.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - HeartOfDixie - 11-30-2013 03:23 PM

It's really only the 'old' members.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - DrGonzo - 11-30-2013 05:09 PM

I hope to eventually see App/GaSo in that slot. It's an intense rivalry.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - appsfan - 11-30-2013 10:06 PM

Yes, App State/GaSo would be great as the last regular season game each year. As rivalry games go, what should this game be called & what trophy/other should go to the winner?

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - cleburneslim - 11-30-2013 11:58 PM

They could pass the goat back and forth.

My apologies but I had to say it. Please forgive me.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - Ole Sleepy - 12-01-2013 12:10 PM

(11-30-2013 05:09 PM)DrGonzo Wrote:  I hope to eventually see App/GaSo in that slot. It's an intense rivalry.

Boone in late November? Nope. Nope. Nope.

We never play well on a frozen field and I hate freezing my tail off.

App St vs Georgia Southern should be treated like the UGA/UF rivalry and be played midway through the season when it's moderate temperatures for both teams. I know ya'll don't want to play in 100 degree with 90% humidity in August/early September, and I know we don't want to play in that souless, God forsaken cold in damn near December.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - Ole Sleepy - 12-01-2013 12:11 PM

(11-30-2013 10:06 PM)appsfan Wrote:  Yes, App State/GaSo would be great as the last regular season game each year. As rivalry games go, what should this game be called & what trophy/other should go to the winner?

I always liked the Black and Blue Bowl, but I'm sure there's something better than can be used.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - Cougar King - 12-03-2013 09:33 AM

U-LaLa vs UL-Monroe

Troy vs USA

Georgia State vs Georgia Southern

Georgia Southern vs App State

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - WKULooseCannon90 - 12-03-2013 10:22 AM

Wouldn't mind to have seen the WKU-Ga. Southern tilt renewed. I still have the "Can of Whoop Ass" I was given by GSU fan after we beat them in Statesboro to go to the Championship game in 2002.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - GaSouthern - 12-03-2013 10:35 AM

I'd like to renew our old rivalry with Troy but it's gonna take some close losses for me to hate them, I have nothing but respect for their school.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - Paul of Troy - 12-03-2013 10:48 AM

Troy's rivalries have not panned out well except for UAB.

We've had a few games in that series that have made it a little better.

MTSU was an awful rivalry. Maybe had it not been so one sided it would have been better but also why is some team in Tennessee suddenly our rival? It was forced and felt forced the whole time. 5 dollar trophy.

USA has potential but it doesn't really feel like one yet. Neither of our football programs have been relevant since USA started football. We have some good baseball games and I'd say those are the closest to a rivalry game we have gotten.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - Paul of Troy - 12-03-2013 10:50 AM

(12-03-2013 10:35 AM)GaSouthern Wrote:  I'd like to renew our old rivalry with Troy but it's gonna take some close losses for me to hate them, I have nothing but respect for their school.

See the problem with this is there is no reason for this to ever become a rivalry.

You aren't in our state, neither of us will compete, and how was it ever a rivalry if we only played a handful of times?

If that is the basis then our "rivalry" with ULM is huge.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - sidslidkid - 12-03-2013 10:56 AM

(12-03-2013 10:50 AM)Paul of Troy Wrote:  
(12-03-2013 10:35 AM)GaSouthern Wrote:  I'd like to renew our old rivalry with Troy but it's gonna take some close losses for me to hate them, I have nothing but respect for their school.

See the problem with this is there is no reason for this to ever become a rivalry.

You aren't in our state, neither of us will compete, and how was it ever a rivalry if we only played a handful of times?

If that is the basis then our "rivalry" with ULM is huge.

Can you explain what you mean by "neither of us will compete"? Do you just mean compete for crystal footballs, or are we talking about simply fielding competitive teams?

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - Georgia_Power_Company - 12-03-2013 11:23 AM

I would really love to see a Georgia Southern vs. Georgia State game played every year on rivalry week. I think the best rivalry's are the one's between in-state teams.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - sidslidkid - 12-03-2013 11:25 AM

(12-03-2013 11:23 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  I would really love to see a Georgia Southern vs. Georgia State game played every year on rivalry week. I think the best rivalry's are the one's between in-state teams.

Agreed.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - chrisattsu - 12-03-2013 11:39 AM

(12-03-2013 11:23 AM)Georgia_Power_Company Wrote:  I would really love to see a Georgia Southern vs. Georgia State game played every year on rivalry week. I think the best rivalry's are the one's between in-state teams.

[Image: 1367816524521.jpg]

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - slycat - 12-03-2013 11:45 AM

I'm hoping for UL to grow in a rivalry. Maybe someday we will have an in state team. But that would require moving to CUSA or UTA getting their ducks in row or god forbid adding SHSU or Lamar.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - TrueBlueAlum - 12-03-2013 12:11 PM

(12-03-2013 11:45 AM)slycat Wrote:  I'm hoping for UL to grow in a rivalry. Maybe someday we will have an in state team. But that would require moving to CUSA or UTA getting their ducks in row or god forbid adding SHSU or Lamar.

Not entirely true, many in-state rivalries are cross-conference (in the southeast at least).

EDIT: I do see your point though, seems like you'd have to move mountains to get an in-state rivalry going.

RE: Sun Belt Rivalry Games - NashvilleEagle - 12-03-2013 12:19 PM

App will always be our biggest rival.