CSNbbs
University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl (/thread-664170.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Savacool - 11-29-2013 05:48 PM

Scott Kushner with the New Orleans Advocate newspaper is reporting that the University of Louisiana at Lafayette will play in the New Orleans Bowl whatever the outcome of their last two games. Tulane also will play in this bowl game with the only exception if they win the Western CUSA Championship.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Tuffguy21 - 11-29-2013 06:12 PM

Please...let me revel in my excitement over playing Tulane in a bowl...
[Image: bored.gif]

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Atlanta Trojan - 11-29-2013 06:21 PM

(11-29-2013 06:12 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  Please...let me revel in my excitement over playing Tulane in a bowl...
[Image: bored.gif]

Lol love it.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - slycat - 11-29-2013 06:22 PM

I hope this happens. So much in state love.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - chiefsfan - 11-29-2013 06:24 PM

I am only okay with this if ASU beats WKU.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Atlanta Trojan - 11-29-2013 06:30 PM

(11-29-2013 06:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  I am only okay with this if ASU beats WKU.

Go stAte!04-cheers

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Redwolves06 - 11-29-2013 06:36 PM

Man I feel bad for ULL...great squad this year and they're stuck playing Tulane who is just not very good this year. Oh the joys of being in the belt.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - WKUYG - 11-29-2013 06:41 PM

(11-29-2013 06:38 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Interesting.....

Troy Athletics ‏@TroyAthletics
The Trojans are bowl eligible!! To reserve your bowl game tickets, visit here http://troytrojans.com/splash.aspx?id=36 … #itsTtime

I'm sure every school with 6 wins has that

Western has the past 3 seasons after the 6th win

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - CAJUNCOUNTRY - 11-29-2013 06:44 PM

(11-29-2013 06:36 PM)Redwolves06 Wrote:  Man I feel bad for ULL...great squad this year and they're stuck playing Tulane who is just not very good this year. Oh the joys of being in the belt.

Appreciate that but for me unless we're playing a ranked team or in a BCS game its just another bowl game for the fans and players to enjoy. I have no problem with NOB or playing Tulane because a couple of years ago we were Tulane. Gotta dance with the girl you brung. There will be several bowl eligible teams wishing they were Tulane or playing them.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 11-29-2013 07:26 PM

(11-29-2013 05:48 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Scott Kushner with the New Orleans Advocate newspaper is reporting that the University of Louisiana at Lafayette will play in the New Orleans Bowl whatever the outcome of their last two games. Tulane also will play in this bowl game with the only exception if they win the Western CUSA Championship.

The thing I like about this match up is that we will 40,000 plus in the dome and Tulane will be lucky to have 10,000. We will demolish them in the stands and on the field. What better way to proved we deliver the NOLA market better than Tulane.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Savacool - 11-29-2013 07:45 PM

Do not count on it. If we meet up you will see 30000 Tulane fans in the stands and it will be the highest attended New Orleans Bowl in history. You have a fantastic coach. I hope that you do not lose him to a larger conference team. Our former Saints wide receiver coach has turned this Tulane program around. If we play it should be a close game and fun in the stands and French Quartet.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Tuffguy21 - 11-29-2013 07:57 PM

(11-29-2013 07:45 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Do not count on it. If we meet up you will see 30000 Tulane fans in the stands and it will be the highest attended New Orleans Bowl in history. You have a fantastic coach. I hope that you do not lose him to a larger conference team. Our former Saints wide receiver coach has turned this Tulane program around. If we play it should be a close game and fun in the stands and French Quartet.

Sorry, yall don't get to count empty seats as fans in this game and it shouldn't even be remotely close. It'll be exciting for Tulame fans, but excuse me if I think a team that beat a bunch of bottom feeders in the worst conference in America is gonna be much more than fodder for the cajuns with weeks to prepare for the game. The spread will not be close.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - WErLOUISIANA - 11-29-2013 08:50 PM

(11-29-2013 07:45 PM)Savacool Wrote:  Do not count on it. If we meet up you will see 30000 Tulane fans in the stands and it will be the highest attended New Orleans Bowl in history. You have a fantastic coach. I hope that you do not lose him to a larger conference team. Our former Saints wide receiver coach has turned this Tulane program around. If we play it should be a close game and fun in the stands and French Quartet.
I'd be excited to see half what you're promising. 15,000 Tulane fans with 45,000 UL fans would be one of the top attended bowls in the nation. Nobody wants to watch a game in an empty stadium no matter who is in it.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - GoApps70 - 11-29-2013 08:56 PM

Sounds like UL and Tulane will make it a great, not to be forgotten, bowl game.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Crump1 - 11-29-2013 09:02 PM

All just internet chatter right now. Bowl season is as gossip driven as coaching change season.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - MTPiKapp - 11-29-2013 10:13 PM

(11-29-2013 07:57 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  

Sorry, yall don't get to count empty seats as fans in this game and it shouldn't even be remotely close. It'll be exciting for Tulame fans, but excuse me if I think a team that beat a bunch of bottom feeders in the worst conference in America is gonna be much more than fodder for the cajuns with weeks to prepare for the game. The spread will not be close.

Bet you a dollar the spread is less than two touchdowns.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - Tuffguy21 - 11-29-2013 10:15 PM

(11-29-2013 10:13 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

I'm thinking between 10-12 points.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - MTPiKapp - 11-29-2013 10:29 PM

(11-29-2013 10:15 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  

I read "not close" as more than that. I think you're probably about right, were it actually a home game for Tulane I could have seen it being about a touchdown spread, but as it is, if Louisiana takes a smaller crowd than the past two years due to third consecutive trip and disappointment over matchup AND Tulane exceeds anyone's expectations it could be a 50/50 crowd, but in reality so long as you guys bring the numbers you have the past two years, anything better than being outnumbered 2-1 would be a minor victory for Tulane, so no home field advantage.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - CAJUNCOUNTRY - 11-29-2013 10:34 PM

(11-29-2013 10:29 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

I read "not close" as more than that. I think you're probably about right, were it actually a home game for Tulane I could have seen it being about a touchdown spread, but as it is, if Louisiana takes a smaller crowd than the past two years due to third consecutive trip and disappointment over matchup AND Tulane exceeds anyone's expectations it could be a 50/50 crowd, but in reality so long as you guys bring the numbers you have the past two years, anything better than being outnumbered 2-1 would be a minor victory for Tulane, so no home field advantage.

Everyone keeps downing Tulane we were the underdogs the last two years and won the game. I don't think they can beat us but games are won and lost on the field. I think the fan count will be better than 3-1 because a lot of people from New Orleans wore red because we are a state team. They will still attend but might wear Green not that they are fans just because its the local team.

RE: University of a Louisiana at Lafayette versus Tulane in New Orleans a Bowl - CajunExpress - 11-29-2013 10:54 PM

(11-29-2013 10:34 PM)CAJUNCOUNTRY Wrote:  
(11-29-2013 10:29 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(11-29-2013 07:57 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  Sorry, yall don't get to count empty seats as fans in this game and it shouldn't even be remotely close. It'll be exciting for Tulame fans, but excuse me if I think a team that beat a bunch of bottom feeders in the worst conference in America is gonna be much more than fodder for the cajuns with weeks to prepare for the game. The spread will not be close.

Everyone keeps downing Tulane we were the underdogs the last two years and won the game. I don't think they can beat us but games are won and lost on the field. I think the fan count will be better than 3-1 because a lot of people from New Orleans wore red because we are a state team. They will still attend but might wear Green not that they are fans just because its the local team.

95% of the people wearing red from New Orleans are not going to switch to TooLame. Cajuns will overwhelm NOLA with fans against TooLame, and the reason TooLame is playing this game is because they could not get placed anywhere else.

There is not a wealth of love for TooLame in NOLA Metro by the neutral fans who might go to a bowl game. Lets get real, if a fan is neutral and going to the bowl he is probably getting a corporate gift ticket, and those people are usually not uptown. I live it every day. Simply put it is what it is.

I will say this, a lot of TooLame alums will buy tickets that will be donated to the poor of NOLA, and those people will be wearing their gift Green Ripple T shirts.