CSNbbs
App close to first OOC FBS series - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: App close to first OOC FBS series (/thread-659045.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

App close to first OOC FBS series - Saint3333 - 11-06-2013 01:53 PM

AppTrail from WSJ tweeting that APP will be announcing home & home with 2 CUSA and 1 MAC opponents with 1 beginning in 2014. Should be announced soon.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/ncaa-football-schedules.php

If the 2014 game is with a CUSA opponent it would have to be MTSU, S. Miss, or Marshall, but since it is a home and home deal it would have to be S. Miss. or Marshall as MTSU needs home games for 2015 and 2016. From the MAC the only two options for 2014 are Akron and Ball St., however Akron needs home games for 2015 and 2016.

So for the 2014 game (unless a game is canceled) it will be S. Miss, Marshall, or Ball St. My money is on Ball St. (coach is a former SoCon coach from Elon).

There are many more options for 2015 and concentrating on the CUSA potential opponents it would be ODU, FIU, FAU, and UAB.

My best guess would be:

2014 Ball St. (A) FCS #2 (H)
2015 Ball St. (H) ODU (A)
2016 ODU (H) FIU (A)
2017 FIU (H)

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - TrueBlueAlum - 11-06-2013 01:56 PM

I can dig it!

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - Buccaneerlover - 11-06-2013 05:35 PM

Renewing with Marshall is a must have. Old Dominion would be great just to have that game in that region.
Middle Tennessee would be interesting, lots of talent floating around in this part of the world right now so home and homes with them is a good thing.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - AppfanInCAAland - 11-06-2013 05:52 PM

I'd like to see Southern Miss, App hasn't played them since they spoiled the unscored-upon season with a 7-0 win in the final game- not that anyone alive remembers a game from the 30's.

I think FIU, Ball State, and ODU sound reasonable - I'd prefer a few more solid years of FBS recruits before taking on Marshall again.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - chiefsfan - 11-06-2013 05:54 PM

App could beat FIU and ODU. Not sure about Ball State. They are not a bad program.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - GoApps70 - 11-06-2013 05:57 PM

(11-06-2013 05:52 PM)AppfanInCAAland Wrote:  I'd like to see Southern Miss, App hasn't played them since they spoiled the unscored-upon season with a 7-0 win in the final game- not that anymore alive remembers a game from the 30's.

I think FIU, Ball State, and ODU sound reasonable - I'd prefer a few more solid years of FBS recruits before taking on Marshall again.

Someone said Marshall is booked up for several upcoming years.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - GATA - 11-06-2013 06:48 PM

I did this for Georgia Southern to try to narrow down our 2015 home/home agreement before it was announced so it doesn't list the MWC. Again, this is 2015.

Going with the MAC teams OOC...

Akron - @Louisiana, Pittsburgh
Ball State - VMI, MTSU, @ Northwestern
Bowling Green - Maryland, Memphis, @ Purdue
Buffalo - @ Penn State, Boston College(neutral)
Central Michigan - Oklahoma, @ Syracuse, @ Michigan State
Eastern Michigan - Old Dominion, @ Wyoming, @ LSU, @ Army
Kent State - @ Illinois, @ Minnesota, Coastal Carolina, Marshall
Miami (OH) - Presbyterian, @ Wisconsin, Cincinnati, @ WKU
Northern Illinois - UNLV, Murray State, @ Ohio State, Wyoming
Ohio - @ Idaho, Marshall, @ Minnesota, Southeastern Louisiana
Toledo - Iowa State, Arkansas State
UMass - @Colorado, @ Temple, @ Notre Dame, Vanderbilt
Western Michigan - Michigan State, @ Ohio State, @ Georgia Southern

C-USA
Charolotte - @ Georgia State, Presbyterian, Temple
FAU - Miami, @ Florida, @ Tulsa
FIU - UCF
Louisiana Tech - @ Mississippi State, Louisiana,
Marshall - Purdue, @ Ohio, Norfolk State, @ Kent State
Middle Tennessee - Vanderbilt, @ Ball State, @ Illinois
North Texas - @ SMU, @ Iowa, @ Tennessee
Old Dominion - @ Eastern Michigan, Norfolk State, NC State
Rice - @ Texas, @ Baylor, Army
Southern Miss - Mississippi State, @ Texas State, @ Nebraska, BYU
UAB - @ Tennessee
UTEP - @ Texas Tech, New Mexico, @ New Mexico State
UTSA - @ Arizona, Kansas State, @ Oklahoma, Colorado State
Western Kentucky - @ Vanderbilt, @ Indiana, Miami (OH), @ LSU

AAC
Cincinnati - Alabama A&M, @ Miami (OH), @ BYU
Connecticut - Villanova, Army, Tennessee, @ BYU
East Carolina - Virginia Tech, @ West Virginia
Houston - @ Loiusville, Texas State
Memphis - @ Bowling Green, Ole Miss, Kansas(neutral)
Navy - Colgate, Air Force, @ Notre Dame, Army
SMU - Baylor, North Texas, @ TCU
Temple - Penn State, UMass, @ Charlotte, Notre Dame
Tulane - @ GA Tech
Tulsa - @ New Mexico, @ Oklahoma, FAU
UCF - @ South Carolina, @ FIU
USF - Florida A&M, Indiana, @ Maryland, @ Florida State

Red are completed OOC.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - Wild Bill Kelso - 11-06-2013 07:14 PM

I am hearing we are close to signing a home & home with a bigger fish than those.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - T-Dog - 11-06-2013 07:35 PM

(11-06-2013 07:14 PM)Wild Bill Kelso Wrote:  I am hearing we are close to signing a home & home with a bigger fish than those.

I'm hearing the same thing.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - mturn017 - 11-06-2013 08:58 PM

I'd love to start a series with App. Its been a while sincse Ive been to Boone.

You guys should be able to get some of the regional ACC teams to come there. We've signed a home and home with NC State and a 2 for 1 with VT with an additional 4 games with Tech in the works. UVA offered a 2 for 1 but Selig told them he'd only do a home and home.

I'd also like another shot at those leg chopping ******* down in Statesboro.
05-stirthepot

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - GaSoEagle - 11-06-2013 09:02 PM

Good news App. I guess you guys are trying to not play more than 1 Big Money game per year. I wish we would do that here at Ga. Southern also but I fear we will play 2 per year.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - GaSoEagle - 11-06-2013 09:04 PM

I can imagine ODU would like another chance at Ga. Southern. I wouldn't mind a home/home with ODU either. I would support home/home with any FBS team in non-conference actually.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - KJ Eagle - 11-06-2013 09:18 PM

(11-06-2013 09:04 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I can imagine ODU would like another chance at Ga. Southern. I wouldn't mind a home/home with ODU either. I would support home/home with any FBS team in non-conference actually.

I'd really like a home & home with ODU. It would be a lot of fun and both previous games were close shoot outs.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - Saint3333 - 11-06-2013 09:32 PM

It will be a CUSA team for 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 series and a MAC team for the 2016-2017 series.

We will play two FCS opponents next year.

We will try to schedule one P5 team, one FCS, and home and homes like these to fill up the other two. Getting six home games is very important to us.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - asucrutch23 - 11-14-2013 03:16 PM

First one was just announced. @ODU in 2015, with a return trip to Boone in 2016. Saint hit the nail on the head.

"App State Athletics ‏@appstate_sports 12m
@AppState_FB has finalized home-and-home series with Old Dominion. 2015 at ODU, 2016 at App State. Details at http://appstatesports.com.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - mturn017 - 11-14-2013 03:19 PM

(11-14-2013 03:16 PM)asucrutch23 Wrote:  First one was just announced. @ODU in 2015, with a return trip to Boone in 2016. Saint hit the nail on the head.

@AppState_FB has finalized home-and-home series with Old Dominion. 2015 at ODU, 2016 at App State. Details at http://appstatesports.com.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to both games.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - chiefsfan - 11-14-2013 03:20 PM

There is an unwritten Sun Belt Rule that all Sun Belt teams should beat Old Dominion. This rule was placed in effect because I don't like their name.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - paintedblue - 11-14-2013 03:40 PM

(11-14-2013 03:16 PM)asucrutch23 Wrote:  First one was just announced. @ODU in 2015, with a return trip to Boone in 2016. Saint hit the nail on the head.

I'm looking forward to making the trip to Boone in '16. Think I'll take in a bunch of breweries over in Asheville too. 04-cheers

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - Niner National - 11-14-2013 03:45 PM

Imagine the next one will be MT or WKU. Charlotte is possible, but I doubt it. We are full for 2015 I think.

MT and WKU would both be good for App as well. Either is an easy day/weekend trip.

(11-14-2013 03:40 PM)paintedblue Wrote:  

I'm looking forward to making the trip to Boone in '16. Think I'll take in a bunch of breweries over in Asheville too. 04-cheers
Keep in mind that Boone and Asheville aren't really that close together. I can get to Asheville from Charlotte in almost the same time someone can get from Boone to Asheville. The Boone area has plenty of breweries too.

RE: App close to first OOC FBS series - asucrutch23 - 11-14-2013 03:47 PM

(11-14-2013 03:40 PM)paintedblue Wrote:  

Asheville is my hometown. The beer scene is unparalleled; however, Boone is beginning to hold its own with several breweries popping up recently. There's a whole thread on our message board about it. I love Asheville, but you might could save the trip to Asheville and just take in all that Boone has to offer.

Can't wait for this matchup. Heinicke will be gone, but I'm sure you guys will reload (as will we, hopefully). It was a no-brainer IMO to get ODU on the schedule. 04-cheers