CSNbbs
Free Ticket Day!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Free Ticket Day!! (/thread-656190.html)

Pages: 1 2

Free Ticket Day!! - chiefsfan - 10-21-2013 05:38 PM

ASU is giving away free tickets to the Cajun game tomorrow like its the most important thing we will ever do. Students can get up to 5 free tickets with their student ID, Radio stations are offering tickets to any one who wants them.

I cant decide if we are desperate, or just trying to make sure we get 28K on a Tuesday.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - Usajags - 10-21-2013 05:55 PM

I got no problem with the give away games, puts people in the stands that might never go to a game. Looks good on TV, looks good to recruits and the stadium will still make their money on parking(if charged) and concessions.

Biggest thing when you fill the house with hopeful fans and you are trying to sell them on your product, you better win. Otherwise those people don't come back.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - chiefsfan - 10-21-2013 06:04 PM

(10-21-2013 05:55 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I got no problem with the give away games, puts people in the stands that might never go to a game. Looks good on TV, looks good to recruits and the stadium will still make their money on parking(if charged) and concessions.

Biggest thing when you fill the house with hopeful fans and you are trying to sell them on your product, you better win. Otherwise those people don't come back.

As much as ASU fans love to talk about the 30K plus we drew for Monroe on a Thursday last year, a large portion of that crowd got in free. We gave free tickets to all our sponsors, and then went into Little Rock and gave out tickets to Little Rock businesses as a chance for people who once thought about helping ASU to see what the school looks like.

I know it can work...I just hope it doesn't make us sound desperate.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - Usajags - 10-21-2013 06:09 PM

At this level, it won't look bad. Not only that, had you not said anything, no one but your fan base would have known. Dropping money from the ceiling and still not getting people in the building, that looks bad. 05-stirthepot

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - chiefsfan - 10-21-2013 06:18 PM

(10-21-2013 06:09 PM)Usajags Wrote:  At this level, it won't look bad. Not only that, had you not said anything, no one but your fan base would have known. Dropping money from the ceiling and still not getting people in the building, that looks bad. 05-stirthepot

School announced many of the free ticket measures today publicly. Anyone who reads our athletic website would have figured out.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - ark30inf - 10-21-2013 06:21 PM

Razorbacks at War Memorial....Military Appreciation Day....they tried to give my buddy 20 free "military tickets". 20? To one dude?

I think we'll be okay.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - Tuffguy21 - 10-21-2013 06:51 PM

I have no issue with it. Tuesday games are a hard sell for a fanbase, but they are great for exposure, so even if you give away a couple thousand tickets, you get the exposure you desperately want, have a good crowd to showcase on TV, and likely, those people that come to the game aren't just gonna sit there and do nothing, it will increase Concession sales. I've always thought that an empty seat at sporting events is just wasted resources that could be used getting money by other means (concessions or merch sales) or influencing someone who otherwise would never go, that spending their money there is a good idea.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - swampbear - 10-21-2013 06:53 PM

(10-21-2013 06:18 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-21-2013 06:09 PM)Usajags Wrote:  At this level, it won't look bad. Not only that, had you not said anything, no one but your fan base would have known. Dropping money from the ceiling and still not getting people in the building, that looks bad. 05-stirthepot

School announced many of the free ticket measures today publicly. Anyone who reads our athletic website would have figured out.
Exactly where I read about it. personally I really do not care one way or another if ASU is giving away tickets....Good luck to both teams concerning injuries and I would love to see a clean well played game....

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - Usajags - 10-21-2013 06:59 PM

(10-21-2013 06:51 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  I have no issue with it. Tuesday games are a hard sell for a fanbase, but they are great for exposure, so even if you give away a couple thousand tickets, you get the exposure you desperately want, have a good crowd to showcase on TV, and likely, those people that come to the game aren't just gonna sit there and do nothing, it will increase Concession sales. I've always thought that an empty seat at sporting events is just wasted resources that could be used getting money by other means (concessions or merch sales) or influencing someone who otherwise would never go, that spending their money there is a good idea.

I have always felt the same way, not giving away an unsold ticket to a game is just wasted space. It cost nothing to give that ticket away, and opens for more revenue in other areas.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - arkstfan - 10-21-2013 07:07 PM

If it were a Saturday game, I'd be unhappy.

But here is the reality. When I was a small wolf pup we lived in western Arkansas and my parents attended every UA game in Fayetteville during that time except the Great Shootout. The only time my dad ever opened his wallet to buy a ticket was for bowl games. They went to every game free because UA plastered anyone up and down US70 who had given money or sponsored something a big wad of tickets to give away.

It sure as hell didn't hurt them build a program.

A-State has only four Saturdays to bring recruits to a game, but in return we get to visit recruits on their living room TV on Tuesday night. Getting a crowd matters.

You can go to our ticket website, the reserved seating is gone and has been for some time. Late last week there were tickets available in the infamous Section S and in the sections reserved for UL. Those are gone now, presumably swept up as part of the promotions.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - Fanof49ASU - 10-21-2013 08:42 PM

Are they talking about rain for the game?

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - ark30inf - 10-21-2013 08:57 PM

(10-21-2013 08:42 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Are they talking about rain for the game?

0% chance listed

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - Florida Red Wolf - 10-21-2013 09:10 PM

Your post adds the desperation. It's a promotion and its good that the school is going all the way to promote a Tuesday night game. I really don't understand your concern.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - arkstfan - 10-21-2013 09:48 PM

(10-21-2013 09:10 PM)Florida Red Wolf Wrote:  

Your post adds the desperation. It's a promotion and its good that the school is going all the way to promote a Tuesday night game. I really don't understand your concern.
Sun Belt fan rule. Despair for every unsold ticket is mandatory.

Never bask in the light of selling more season tickets than ever nor the fact those tickets cost more than ever before. Worry about the unsold.

Re: RE: Free Ticket Day!! - indianE - 10-21-2013 09:55 PM

(10-21-2013 05:38 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  ASU is giving away free tickets to the Cajun game tomorrow like its the most important thing we will ever do. Students can get up to 5 free tickets with their student ID, Radio stations are offering tickets to any one who wants them.

I cant decide if we are desperate, or just trying to make sure we get 28K on a Tuesday.

Umm..yeah, y bring this up on this forum? It's a must IMO for Tuesday night gms on espn. Like arkstfan said, id have a problem with it on Saturday bc ii devalues my season tickets and discourages ppl from buying tickets in the future. But on a week night on National tv, u gotta do what u gotta do.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - Fanof49ASU - 10-21-2013 10:03 PM

(10-21-2013 09:10 PM)Florida Red Wolf Wrote:  

I agree. At least we have a fan base that will actually take and use a ticket.
But it's not like we have planes flying over, dropping tickets.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - WKUYG - 10-21-2013 11:13 PM

But what does it say if you have huge pockets of open spaces with free tickets?

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - chiefsfan - 10-21-2013 11:14 PM

(10-21-2013 11:13 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  But what does it say if you have huge pockets of open spaces with free tickets?

That its the 4th quarter and everyone has gone home to get the kids to bed for school in the morning?

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - arkstfan - 10-21-2013 11:28 PM

(10-21-2013 11:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-21-2013 11:13 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  But what does it say if you have huge pockets of open spaces with free tickets?

That its the 4th quarter and everyone has gone home to get the kids to bed for school in the morning?

7 pm kickoff. We'll lose most of the end zone at halftime no matter what the score is.

RE: Free Ticket Day!! - chiefsfan - 10-21-2013 11:39 PM

(10-21-2013 11:28 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(10-21-2013 11:14 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

7 pm kickoff. We'll lose most of the end zone at halftime no matter what the score is.

Too late to petition the NCAA to have a running clock 1st half?