CSNbbs
Roughing the QB. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Roughing the QB. (/thread-655109.html)

Pages: 1 2

Roughing the QB. - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 10-16-2013 06:11 AM

Make no doubt about it, we hit WKU QB Doughty late but it made me wonder about the rule. Our player left his feet when Doughty was still in a throwing motion and had the ball. Timed just a second sooner and its a legal sack. I'm all for protecting the QB's and I'm glad Doughty is not seriously injured. I do think we are asking a lot of a young kid that is taught to get that QB. Perhaps they should make it illegal for defensive players to launch themselves?

RE: Roughing the QB. - mathenis89 - 10-16-2013 07:58 AM

Give it a rest. You won. Drop it.

RE: Roughing the QB. - HeartOfDixie - 10-16-2013 08:29 AM

To be quite honest, I didn't think he was odd his feet at any point. It was a late hit clear and simple.

RE: Roughing the QB. - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 10-16-2013 09:29 AM

(10-16-2013 08:29 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  To be quite honest, I didn't think he was odd his feet at any point. It was a late hit clear and simple.

I could be wrong but I thought our guy left his feet. Still a late hit.

RE: Roughing the QB. - AstroCajun - 10-16-2013 09:30 AM

Didn't have a problem with the call. It did knock him out of the game. I can't abide the same flag when a hand touches the QB's helmet without the least bit of damage.

RE: Roughing the QB. - HeartOfDixie - 10-16-2013 09:32 AM

(10-16-2013 09:29 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 08:29 AM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  To be quite honest, I didn't think he was odd his feet at any point. It was a late hit clear and simple.

I only saw the replay with it almost out of view.

Something I was somewhat upset about were the two completely missed horse collar tackles.

I don't mean to suggest there was any kind if motive, there certainly isn't, but rules that are designed to protect the kids need to get the same kind of attention and a lot of officials seem to think the horse collar rule is less important than targeting etc.

RE: Roughing the QB. - TroyFootball05 - 10-16-2013 10:17 AM

I don't think there should be a separate penalty. Essentially, it's a late hit. I also don't think it should be called unless significant time has passed (enough time for the player to change his direction) or its obvious the defensive player just wanted a piece a QB after the ball was out.

That said, I didn't watch the pay in question, though I did watch most of the game. So I can't answer for that particular play.

RE: Roughing the QB. - CajunExpress - 10-16-2013 10:28 AM

(10-16-2013 10:17 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  I don't think there should be a separate penalty. Essentially, it's a late hit. I also don't think it should be called unless significant time has passed (enough time for the player to change his direction) or its obvious the defensive player just wanted a piece a QB after the ball was out.

That said, I didn't watch the pay in question, though I did watch most of the game. So I can't answer for that particular play.

No doubt the hit on the QB was a tad late, and by that I MEAN a tad. Had a couple of other late hit penalties that were borderline.

Finally Hud and Bustle teams consistently rank very high as teams that do not get those type penalties. The last thing I need to hear is from a Troy fan about them when his team consistently ranks very high in getting them.

When it comes to dirty play, Troy is in a class all by itself, very dirty.

RE: Roughing the QB. - CajunExpress - 10-16-2013 10:32 AM

As as is the norm, your view is totally wrong.

Check you DVR and you will see he was merely a little late. Oh, I forgot you do not have a DVR BECAUSE nobody donated one to you.

RE: Roughing the QB. - Complacent Cajun - 10-16-2013 10:36 AM

(10-16-2013 10:28 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  
(10-16-2013 10:17 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  I don't think there should be a separate penalty. Essentially, it's a late hit. I also don't think it should be called unless significant time has passed (enough time for the player to change his direction) or its obvious the defensive player just wanted a piece a QB after the ball was out.

No doubt the hit on the QB was a tad late, and by that I MEAN a tad. Had a couple of other late hit penalties that were borderline.

Finally Hud and Bustle teams consistently rank very high as teams that do not get those type penalties. The last thing I need to hear is from a Troy fan about them when his team consistently ranks very high in getting them.

Kind of uncalled for and really abrasive amigo. Relax.

RE: Roughing the QB. - CajunExpress - 10-16-2013 10:37 AM

All I am saying is check out the Troy record over a few years.

RE: Roughing the QB. - HeartOfDixie - 10-16-2013 10:38 AM

(10-16-2013 10:32 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  

As as is the norm, your view is totally wrong.

Check you DVR and you will see he was merely a little late. Oh, I forgot you do not have a DVR BECAUSE nobody donated one to you.

It was a good call in my opinion.

RE: Roughing the QB. - TroyFootball05 - 10-16-2013 11:01 AM

(10-16-2013 10:37 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  All I am saying is check out the Troy record over a few years.

What's your problem man? How did what I said have anything to do, or warrant a bashing of Troy?

RE: Roughing the QB. - mathenis89 - 10-16-2013 11:11 AM

(10-16-2013 11:01 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

(10-16-2013 10:37 AM)CajunExpress Wrote:  All I am saying is check out the Troy record over a few years.

What's your problem man? How did what I said have anything to do, or warrant a bashing of Troy?

Seems hypocritical too, considering ULL players were mouthing off the entire game and shoving players back down after plays were over.

RE: Roughing the QB. - Complacent Cajun - 10-16-2013 11:33 AM

(10-16-2013 11:11 AM)mathenis89 Wrote:  

Seems hypocritical too, considering ULL players were mouthing off the entire game and shoving players back down after plays were over.

Of course I'm bias, but Boyd/Jackson/Andrews seemed to be mouthing off quite a bit themselves. Glad we won the way we did, running right at Boyd and Jackson the entire night.

Re: RE: Roughing the QB. - trojanbrutha - 10-16-2013 12:00 PM

(10-16-2013 06:11 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  Make no doubt about it, we hit WKU QB Doughty late but it made me wonder about the rule. Our player left his feet when Doughty was still in a throwing motion and had the ball. Timed just a second sooner and its a legal sack. I'm all for protecting the QB's and I'm glad Doughty is not seriously injured. I do think we are asking a lot of a young kid that is taught to get that QB. Perhaps they should make it illegal for defensive players to launch themselves?

SBC suspended a Troy DE, after a weekend review, for a similar hit...eerily similar, against south. Cross your fingers they don't suspend him.

sent from trojanbruthazTBns using Tapatalk 4

RE: Roughing the QB. - chiefsfan - 10-16-2013 01:18 PM

The way NCAA rules are written, if the defender leaves his feet at all, its going to be a penalty every time.

RE: Roughing the QB. - BamaCajun - 10-16-2013 02:03 PM

(10-16-2013 11:11 AM)mathenis89 Wrote:  

DANCE, THUGS, DANCE!!!! 05-stirthepot

...couldn't resist!

RE: Roughing the QB. - TheRevSWT - 10-16-2013 02:10 PM

(10-16-2013 01:18 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The way NCAA rules are written, if the defender leaves his feet at all, its going to be a penalty every time.

For reals? That's crazy.

RE: Roughing the QB. - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 10-16-2013 08:27 PM

(10-16-2013 01:18 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  The way NCAA rules are written, if the defender leaves his feet at all, its going to be a penalty every time.

I don't think that is a bad rule when it comes to the QB. Turning yourself into a human missile can end real badly for the missile and the target.