CSNbbs
WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" (/thread-651295.html)

Pages: 1 2

WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPPERSonTOP - 09-25-2013 09:47 AM

I take this to mean that we are nearing the mark of 22113 which is the number of actually seats available. If we surpass that number the game will be tagged as a sellout. With the stand room concourse and null, the stadium can actually hold I'm guessing 24-25k. Our record attendance was about 23500 for USM last season. I would look to break that this season.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - WKUFan518 - 09-25-2013 09:52 AM

(09-25-2013 09:47 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  I take this to mean that we are nearing the mark of 22113 which is the number of actually seats available. If we surpass that number the game will be tagged as a sellout. With the stand room concourse and null, the stadium can actually hold I'm guessing 24-25k. Our record attendance was about 23500 for USM last season. I would look to break that this season.

Well we know you gave up after the USA loss right? So you not there is going to be one less person to beat the record...

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPPERSonTOP - 09-25-2013 09:55 AM

(09-25-2013 09:52 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(09-25-2013 09:47 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  I take this to mean that we are nearing the mark of 22113 which is the number of actually seats available. If we surpass that number the game will be tagged as a sellout. With the stand room concourse and null, the stadium can actually hold I'm guessing 24-25k. Our record attendance was about 23500 for USM last season. I would look to break that this season.

Well we know you gave up after the USA loss right? So you not there is going to be one less person to beat the record...

I couldn't stay away. I went to tailgate and was going to leave at gametime, but then I couldn't. Ended up staying the whole game.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - MTPiKapp - 09-25-2013 10:32 AM

Was going to tailgate...but not go to the game...wow. Way to take a stand my friend, I hope you at least live on campus.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPPERSonTOP - 09-25-2013 10:37 AM

(09-25-2013 10:32 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  Was going to tailgate...but not go to the game...wow. Way to take a stand my friend, I hope you at least live on campus.

Well I have the grill, deep fry, coolers, boards, tables etc. And we had already planned it, so I went on because I had committed to a group of people to be there.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - slycat - 09-25-2013 10:55 AM

Good to hear. Give'em hell WKU!

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPSTRAIGHT - 09-25-2013 11:40 AM

TOPPERSonTOP, "to thine own self be true". But arent you a loyal Hilltopper fan?Support your team no matter thru the tough times.My family attended 10-12?? home losses in a row as the crowds dwindled we kept the faith and were there to celebrate breaking that streak.Be strong-respect your opponent and keep going!Go WKU!!!

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - swampbear - 09-25-2013 11:47 AM

(09-25-2013 11:40 AM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  TOPPERSonTOP, "to thine own self be true". But arent you a loyal Hilltopper fan?Support your team no matter thru the tough times.My family attended 10-12?? home losses in a row as the crowds dwindled we kept the faith and were there to celebrate breaking that streak.Be strong-respect your opponent and keep going!Go WKU!!!

This....04-cheers

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - WKUFan518 - 09-25-2013 11:59 AM

(09-25-2013 11:40 AM)TOPSTRAIGHT Wrote:  TOPPERSonTOP, "to thine own self be true". But arent you a loyal Hilltopper fan?Support your team no matter thru the tough times.My family attended 10-12?? home losses in a row as the crowds dwindled we kept the faith and were there to celebrate breaking that streak.Be strong-respect your opponent and keep going!Go WKU!!!

Or better yet have some common sense and do not go run straight to a keyboard and post a 100 times about how you are done as a WKU fan after a tough loss.....And come across like a crying 3 year old and look like a fool and make your own WKU fan base turn against you...

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - WKUYG - 09-25-2013 01:25 PM

(09-25-2013 11:59 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  

Or better yet have some common sense and do not go run straight to a keyboard and post a 100 times about how you are done as a WKU fan after a tough loss.....And come across like a crying 3 year old and look like a fool and make your own WKU fan base turn against you...

Put yourself in the shoes of a college student or better yet just think back a few years.

Passion drives us to say things we sometimes don't really mean. But a good rule to live by...

stay away from all things that put your words out for all to see for a few hours after a loss. That's not just for the young either.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPPERSonTOP - 09-25-2013 02:36 PM

You think i wasn't there? I sat through that whole horrible stretch. Navy, ISU, USF, Indiana, etc etc I was there for all of them. The difference between then and now was that I felt like this team had quit. We got so far down against UT and then could not beat a vastly inferior opponent in USA. This team has not been right since ULM homecoming. Even with the victory we had some major issues against Morgan st. Had 3 tos, a dumb drive extending penalty, played some weaksauce defense, etc.

Yeah I got mad after the USA game, but I still have only missed 1 home game (APSU) in four years. I have also made at least 7 games the past 3. Excuse me for being upset at piss poor play on the field. All I want out of a team is effort. I don't care if someone rolls all over us, as long as we always have 11 guys on the field giving 110% I'll be happy. I did not see that at UT and I sure did not see it at USA.

We have some of the most judgmental and self righteous fans in the world. I apologize for not being a REAL fan like you guys.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - WKUYG - 09-25-2013 03:06 PM

My son a WKU Sr says the same thing after each loss and I probably did also 30 to 35 years ago....probably with in the last 15.

After every loss "you can go to the next game by yourself" he didn't disappoint, after the UT beat down "I don't think I will go to Mobile". Well he was there. Same think on the last INT at USA "You and mom can go to ULM, I'm not going" guess what, he already asked off from work by the following Monday. If we lose on Saturday I expect to hear it again..."not going to Monroe" but come Wednesday he will be on the way to Monroe.

That's the way sports works. It can make each of us crazy and that's especially true for the younger fans but not limited to any age. At times last year I even thought...is 150 mile round trip worth it for this basketball game. So TOT isn't by himself in the market of saying things they really don't mean once the pain is some what gone.

I think we all at one time or another been there.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPPERSonTOP - 09-25-2013 04:20 PM

(09-25-2013 03:06 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  My son a WKU Sr says the same thing after each loss and I probably did also 30 to 35 years ago....probably with in the last 15.

After every loss "you can go to the next game by yourself" he didn't disappoint, after the UT beat down "I don't think I will go to Mobile". Well he was there. Same think on the last INT at USA "You and mom can go to ULM, I'm not going" guess what, he already asked off from work by the following Monday. If we lose on Saturday I expect to hear it again..."not going to Monroe" but come Wednesday he will be on the way to Monroe.

That's the way sports works. It can make each of us crazy and that's especially true for the younger fans but not limited to any age. At times last year I even thought...is 150 mile round trip worth it for this basketball game. So TOT isn't by himself in the market of saying things they really don't mean once the pain is some what gone.

I think we all at one time or another been there.

Well me, your son, and young yg can just go ahead and turn in our fan cards. We just don't deserve to wear the red and white...

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - ncbeta - 09-25-2013 10:52 PM

What kind of crowd could WKU pull for this game if capacity wasn't an issue? What about if you were on a winning streak (or atleast beat one of UT or USA)? I do not know much of the WKU fanbase except my Grandpa went there for 3 years before going in to the military. Even then I've only known him as a Vandy fan because he lives in Nashville(I'm sure he still pulls for WKU though). I'll be rooting for y'all and MTSU in Cusa. Not sure if this is appropriate to post but I like y'all a lot more than the new Tx/Fl schools.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - SkullyMaroo - 09-25-2013 10:56 PM

(09-25-2013 01:25 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Put yourself in the shoes of a college student or better yet just think back a few years.

Passion drives us to say things we sometimes don't really mean. But a good rule to live by...

stay away from all things that put your words out for all to see for a few hours after a loss. That's not just for the young either.

After a loss I usually stay away from all message boards and don't respond or acknowledge most texts. I need some time lol... I definitely don't get on the boards and say things I'll end up regretting.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - WKUFan518 - 09-26-2013 07:31 AM

(09-25-2013 10:56 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

After a loss I usually stay away from all message boards and don't respond or acknowledge most texts. I need some time lol... I definitely don't get on the boards and say things I'll end up regretting.

Yes that was my point, I did not say to pull anyones fan card, just do not go on a conf. message board and have 10 posts where you cry and whine like a 3 year old and say you are done....You look silly two days later when you are at the game....

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPPERSonTOP - 09-26-2013 08:09 AM

(09-26-2013 07:31 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  
(09-25-2013 10:56 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

Yes that was my point, I did not say to pull anyones fan card, just do not go on a conf. message board and have 10 posts where you cry and whine like a 3 year old and say you are done....You look silly two days later when you are at the game....

god forbid someone looks silly from a message board...

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPPERSonTOP - 09-26-2013 08:13 AM

(09-25-2013 10:52 PM)ncbeta Wrote:  What kind of crowd could WKU pull for this game if capacity wasn't an issue? What about if you were on a winning streak (or atleast beat one of UT or USA)? I do not know much of the WKU fanbase except my Grandpa went there for 3 years before going in to the military. Even then I've only known him as a Vandy fan because he lives in Nashville(I'm sure he still pulls for WKU though). I'll be rooting for y'all and MTSU in Cusa. Not sure if this is appropriate to post but I like y'all a lot more than the new Tx/Fl schools.

right now we are not going to pull more than 25k. We are in a basketball state, and are yet to prove ourselves as being a solid program. I think that we are building ourselves the right way. We are building a good product on the field, the stadium is very nice with lots of amenities and tons of concession options (we now serve brewskis), and our fanbase is growing. I think that one day the Houch will be about 45-50k strong, but we are not there yet.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - mathenis89 - 09-26-2013 10:20 AM

(09-25-2013 02:36 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  You think i wasn't there? I sat through that whole horrible stretch. Navy, ISU, USF, Indiana, etc etc I was there for all of them. The difference between then and now was that I felt like this team had quit. We got so far down against UT and then could not beat a vastly inferior opponent in USA. This team has not been right since ULM homecoming. Even with the victory we had some major issues against Morgan st. Had 3 tos, a dumb drive extending penalty, played some weaksauce defense, etc.

Yeah I got mad after the USA game, but I still have only missed 1 home game (APSU) in four years. I have also made at least 7 games the past 3. Excuse me for being upset at piss poor play on the field. All I want out of a team is effort. I don't care if someone rolls all over us, as long as we always have 11 guys on the field giving 110% I'll be happy. I did not see that at UT and I sure did not see it at USA.

We have some of the most judgmental and self righteous fans in the world. I apologize for not being a REAL fan like you guys.

I'm going to have to stop you here. Yes, it felt like the team gave up and we should have won the USA game. That is not up to question. If the WKU team had showed up that beat UK, it would have been a win.

But to say that USA is "vastly inferior" to WKU in football is just not true right now. That USA offense impressed me. The team is much better than a lot of people give them credit for and they'll come up with some big wins this season.

I'm just as unhappy as you are about the performance of this team so far, but do not take away the accomplishments of teams that beat us fairly on the field.

RE: WKU v. Navy is "Trending toward a capacity crowd" - TOPPERSonTOP - 09-26-2013 10:28 AM

(09-26-2013 10:20 AM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(09-25-2013 02:36 PM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  You think i wasn't there? I sat through that whole horrible stretch. Navy, ISU, USF, Indiana, etc etc I was there for all of them. The difference between then and now was that I felt like this team had quit. We got so far down against UT and then could not beat a vastly inferior opponent in USA. This team has not been right since ULM homecoming. Even with the victory we had some major issues against Morgan st. Had 3 tos, a dumb drive extending penalty, played some weaksauce defense, etc.

I'm going to have to stop you here. Yes, it felt like the team gave up and we should have won the USA game. That is not up to question. If the WKU team had showed up that beat UK, it would have been a win.

But to say that USA is "vastly inferior" to WKU in football is just not true right now. That USA offense impressed me. The team is much better than a lot of people give them credit for and they'll come up with some big wins this season.

I'm just as unhappy as you are about the performance of this team so far, but do not take away the accomplishments of teams that beat us fairly on the field.

Yeah. The team with less than 400 ypg, a loss to an FCS team, and giving up 39 to Tulane is a great team. You're right. WKU lost when we got off the bus. We were not ready to play that game. USA will win 4-5 games this year. Wins over GSU and Kent and maybe one upset.