CSNbbs
MBB scholarship Question - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: UTEP (/forum-454.html)
+----- Thread: MBB scholarship Question (/thread-647777.html)

MBB scholarship Question - gcp_mineros - 09-04-2013 12:53 PM

It appears the roster is set at 12 with the possible addition of a last minute transfer (crosgile) bringing the tally to 13 players. Does anyone know if Tafoya will be awarded a scholarship if there ends up being an unused one? I think it would be pretty cool to do that given he has been with the program and working just as hard as the more talented players. Not saying to give him more minutes than cleanup time but at least the scholly would help with finances.

I am assuming ncaa still permits 13 for mbb and the academic requirements are up to par so all 13 are avail.

RE: MBB scholarship Question - mistabinks - 09-04-2013 01:04 PM

I think they have to leave that 13th schollie open in the event Isaac comes to UTEP. If/when he doesn't, I say give it to Tafoya. I wouldn't use it on anyone other than a senior at this point.

RE: MBB scholarship Question - gcp_mineros - 09-11-2013 12:31 PM

So no Isaac, what about Crosgile? He said he was coming via Twitter but has since been quiet. Wasn't Tuesday the last day for registration? Did Kanye and Kim name their baby North? Enquiring minds want to know

RE: MBB scholarship Question - RUNVSFD MINER - 09-11-2013 09:48 PM

What kind of player is Crosgile expected to be?

RE: MBB scholarship Question - gcp_mineros - 09-11-2013 11:18 PM

He is a scoring point with a high assist per game avg. He played sparingly at Saint Joseph's before transfering to Eastern Washington. He had a couple 20+ point games there but i don't know anything about his defense. There hasn't been anything official on him joining the team so I wonder if maybe things didn't pan out. If he does show up, I expect him to backup Cooper and Moore with them all in a timeshare at pg/sg. He would only have 1 year of eligibility.