CSNbbs
WKU vs UK Game Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: WKU vs UK Game Thread (/thread-646057.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

WKU vs UK Game Thread - TOPPERSonTOP - 08-27-2013 09:04 AM

Post all of your thoughts, analysis and input.

Reports from the UK camp claim that Ticket sales have already Surpassed the 45k mark. Should be a huge crowd, a lot of red, and a lot of blue. Honestly the more blue the better. They crushing blow to their recruiting class egos will be great, the fallout will be better.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - mathenis89 - 08-27-2013 09:16 AM

Being in the Visiting Section of Commonwealth Stadium in overtime last year was one of the most intense moments of my life.

Will be an excellent game, I think. Close. But I think Petrino and the Boys pull out the win.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - WKUFan518 - 08-27-2013 09:24 AM

WKU 34
UK 27

Attend: 42K with 19k being WKU

I think UK punches us in the mouth and goes up 14 to 0 early, but we remain calm and come back and are able to throw and run on UK and we put the game away late in 4th quarter...Overtime not needed this season!

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - TOPPERSonTOP - 08-27-2013 09:29 AM

(08-27-2013 09:24 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  WKU 34
UK 27

I think UK punches us in the mouth and goes up 14 to 0 early, but we remain calm and come back and are able to throw and run on UK and we put the game away late in 4th quarter...Overtime not needed this season!

That's an interesting take. I look for us to be the ones who come out swinging early, but no second half comeback for the kittens this season.

mathenis: I had row 1 seats in the corner by WKU's tunnel. Just a couple of us there. The UK fans were treating us well enough, after all we are a nice little school with a handful of fans.

After the game the bitterness and crushed spirits were abundant. Very memorable.

also: 45k number appears to be in error.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - Psychored - 08-27-2013 10:28 AM

(08-27-2013 09:29 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  
(08-27-2013 09:24 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  WKU 34
UK 27

That's an interesting take. I look for us to be the ones who come out swinging early, but no second half comeback for the kittens this season.

mathenis: I had row 1 seats in the corner by WKU's tunnel. Just a couple of us there. The UK fans were treating us well enough, after all we are a nice little school with a handful of fans.

After the game the bitterness and crushed spirits were abundant. Very memorable.

also: 45k number appears to be in error.

I thought the #BigBooNation traveled?? Maybe stoops hasn't created that much of a stir!!

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - Topper59 - 08-27-2013 10:32 AM

Last year my group sat in the opposite end zone to the OT heroics, in a vast sea of blue. The first half was woefully quiet, but the fans treated us pretty well. As the second half moved along, and we were in "play not-to-lose" mode, (which I have always abhorred, btw) the crowd got more and more into it. At the end of regulation, you knew they thought the game was theirs. A "gentleman" in his late 60's was seated behind us with his 30+ year old son, and we had been having pleasant conversation the whole game. When Andrews and Jakes puLled off the miracle play to win the game, I turned around to tell them good game (in a humble manner, might I add) and the old man looked me straight in the eye and said "I ain't shanking your damn hand!" I told him that I thought he was a better sport than that. He looked as if he was going to hit me, so I just turned mY back on him. If he was gonna hit me, it would have to be in the back. I just ignore him, and went down to the rail to watch our team celebrate an epic win, and felt a tap on the shoulder. The old man was there saying I didn't need to be a smart-a**. I told him I wasn't the one being an a**. He actually told me that losing hurts! I almost laughed out loud, as we had just recently come off of a 20-plus game losing streak. Typical of the Big Blew fan base. I have very fond memories of that!

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - Rojogrande - 08-27-2013 10:35 AM

30k plus tickets have been sold right now to date. About 50/50 between the two fan bases right now. For perspective only 12k tickets were sold pre-game day last time for a crowd of 24k. So look for around 45k-50k to be in attendance on Saturday with walk-ups, 4k students who get in free, etc.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - Topper59 - 08-27-2013 10:38 AM

WKU 31, UK 17, with 42,500 in attendance. Close to 50/50 Red vs. Blue.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - Usajags - 08-27-2013 10:44 AM

Without looking, that game is in Nashville right???

Why is an all Kentucky game being played there???

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - TOPPERSonTOP - 08-27-2013 10:46 AM

(08-27-2013 10:32 AM)Topper59 Wrote:  Last year my group sat in the opposite end zone to the OT heroics, in a vast sea of blue. The first half was woefully quiet, but the fans treated us pretty well. As the second half moved along, and we were in "play not-to-lose" mode, (which I have always abhorred, btw) the crowd got more and more into it. At the end of regulation, you knew they thought the game was theirs. A "gentleman" in his late 60's was seated behind us with his 30+ year old son, and we had been having pleasant conversation the whole game. When Andrews and Jakes puLled off the miracle play to win the game, I turned around to tell them good game (in a humble manner, might I add) and the old man looked me straight in the eye and said "I ain't shanking your damn hand!" I told him that I thought he was a better sport than that. He looked as if he was going to hit me, so I just turned mY back on him. If he was gonna hit me, it would have to be in the back. I just ignore him, and went down to the rail to watch our team celebrate an epic win, and felt a tap on the shoulder. The old man was there saying I didn't need to be a smart-a**. I told him I wasn't the one being an a**. He actually told me that losing hurts! I almost laughed out loud, as we had just recently come off of a 20-plus game losing streak. Typical of the Big Blew fan base. I have very fond memories of that!

Sounds like you were seated around us. The Red Rain fell down to the rails all along the opposite endzone.

My favorite was this elderly woman. Before the game, we exchanged some pleasantries and she allowed me to step past her to the tunnel to high five players as they came out of the tunnel. The same at halftime. After the game, I assumed the team was heading that way and she was still sitting there. I asked her if I could squeeze past her 1 more time. She stood up and leaned onto the rail and start cussing me. Said no way. I cracked up at her, which pissed her off even more. Her husband left for the car and she stood there for a good 15 mins waiting for the team to come in. Finally she gave up, and left.

I would say most toppers have a good bitterness story from that game.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - CincyDave - 08-27-2013 10:47 AM

I think WKU wins by 10. I can't wait for Saturday!

Last years game in Lexington was so much fun. Standing and chanting T O P S TOPS TOPS TOPS at the end while all the uk fans left the building. That was awesome!

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - TOPPERSonTOP - 08-27-2013 10:50 AM

(08-27-2013 10:44 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Without looking, that game is in Nashville right???

Smith is too small at 22k, and we won't play it at papa johns in Louisville. There is no other stadium in the state. Also both schools (especially us) have good alumni bases in the Mid-State area.

It was the only way UK would sign on for these four games.

Once WKU has expanded out to the 40k mark, UK could play us in a true home and home...03-lmfao What am I thinking. UK will never sign on to play WKU again.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - Theflash - 08-27-2013 10:51 AM

(08-27-2013 10:44 AM)Usajags Wrote:  Without looking, that game is in Nashville right???

They wont come to BG. Id much rather play the game in Nashville as opposed to all at YUK or at U of L.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - Usajags - 08-27-2013 10:51 AM

Kinda what I figured. Good for recruiting too since we don't have MTSU on schedule anymore.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - GreekTopper - 08-27-2013 11:15 AM

Bowling Green is really a sister city to Nashville for these reasons. It is about 60 miles south. Alot of people in BG go to Nashville on a regular basis for dinning, entertainment and jobs. We use its airport to fly out of and we have a very large alumni base in Nashville (about 8000) not to mention that students that attend WKU from Nashville receive the "in-state tuition" rate from WKU. We receive plenty on media coverage from the Nashville stations and the Nashville TV stations are shown in Bowling Green. Western has been playing Basketball games in Nashville for several years. So having a game in Nashville is not a big deal for us. Most of our fans like it and travel very well to them. Hope this helps.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - CrushMI - 08-27-2013 09:15 PM

WKU is about the same distance to Nashville as MTSU....

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - WKUApollo - 08-27-2013 09:31 PM

(08-27-2013 09:15 PM)CrushMI Wrote:  WKU is about the same distance to Nashville as MTSU....

Actually, MTSU is 28 miles closer but regardless, both are close to Nashville.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 08-27-2013 09:36 PM

(08-27-2013 09:04 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  Post all of your thoughts, analysis and input.

Reports from the UK camp claim that Ticket sales have already Surpassed the 45k mark. Should be a huge crowd, a lot of red, and a lot of blue. Honestly the more blue the better. They crushing blow to their recruiting class egos will be great, the fallout will be better.

I just don't see you guys beating UK twice in a row. They will be out to knock you in the dirt. I see UK beating you guys 14-21 points.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - TOPPERSonTOP - 08-28-2013 12:34 AM

(08-27-2013 09:36 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(08-27-2013 09:04 AM)TOPPERSonTOP Wrote:  Post all of your thoughts, analysis and input.

I just don't see you guys beating UK twice in a row. They will be out to knock you in the dirt. I see UK beating you guys 14-21 points.

We should have won this game two years ago. We should have ran away with it last season. This is the year that we finally get everything together and win a well played game.

RE: WKU vs UK Game Thread - WKUApollo - 08-28-2013 07:42 AM

(08-27-2013 09:36 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  

The same could be said about Arkansas not getting beat by an SBC team twice in a row. They'll be out to knock you in the dirt. I see Ark beating you guys by 14-21 points. 05-stirthepot