CSNbbs
More AGS Gold - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: More AGS Gold (/thread-640876.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

More AGS Gold - GaStPanthers - 07-22-2013 01:27 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?134719-GSU-AD-Kleinlein-on-quot-Why-quot-the-Program-is-Moving-to-FBS

I have to give props to our App State and Georgia Southern peeps for fighting the good fight.

RE: More AGS Gold - panama - 07-22-2013 02:18 PM

I miss those guys...

RE: More AGS Gold - chiefsfan - 07-22-2013 02:22 PM

Until I read AGS, I didn't know the Lehigh had a football team, but their fans apparently know a lot about us.

Can you imagine being a fan of Lehigh and Temple? That just sounds like a hard life as a college football fan. The McNeese fan with the attack on UL was funny. He obviously has not watched a Sun Belt Football game since 2003 or so.

RE: More AGS Gold - panama - 07-22-2013 02:51 PM

(07-22-2013 02:22 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Until I read AGS, I didn't know the Lehigh had a football team, but their fans apparently know a lot about us.

Can you imagine being a fan of Lehigh and Temple? That just sounds like a hard life as a college football fan. The McNeese fan with the attack on UL was funny. He obviously has not watched a Sun Belt Football game since 2003 or so.

Is that Cowpoke?

They are a blast as long as you dont read for too long. Rots the brain

RE: More AGS Gold - chiefsfan - 07-22-2013 02:53 PM

(07-22-2013 02:51 PM)panama Wrote:  
(07-22-2013 02:22 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Until I read AGS, I didn't know the Lehigh had a football team, but their fans apparently know a lot about us.

Is that Cowpoke?

They are a blast as long as you dont read for too long. Rots the brain

I wasn't really paying attention to screen names. He just went on this rant about how respectable programs like ULM have fan bases, and ULL doesn't.

RE: More AGS Gold - JCGSU - 07-22-2013 03:00 PM

(07-22-2013 01:27 PM)GaStPanthers Wrote:  http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?134719-GSU-AD-Kleinlein-on-quot-Why-quot-the-Program-is-Moving-to-FBS

I have to give props to our App State and Georgia Southern peeps for fighting the good fight.

That is the most bitter board I have ever been on. I stopped posting on there years ago. I checked out what the reaction was to App and GSU moving up and was surprised at the amount of positive comments or that there were any. Most folks know they are stuck in that horrible division from here on out so they lash out and try and make the FCS seem more than it is and hate on any team that dares move up. Honestly with the creation of the playoff and its eventual expansion the FCS last claim to relevance is now gone. With the historically best FCS program leaving along with another top five program our AD was right it is about five to at most 10 teams and then an absolute freak show after that. A collection of non, partial scolly teams with another group that only has their football team in DIV I because of their basketball team. Most of the good teams would bolt in a New York minute given the chance as well. Obviously moving up does not mean better days for App or GSU but it is good to be in a division where everyone is at least trying to get better and grow. Good riddance to the FCS and to AGS.

RE: More AGS Gold - Higher Education - 07-22-2013 06:46 PM

Many of the posters on AGS are good people who know their football. The reaction that some posters there have to App and Georgia Southern is understandable; it's the same kind of reaction that some posters on here had to the Sun Belt programs that are leaving.

RE: More AGS Gold - CatMom - 07-22-2013 06:53 PM

Like JCGSU, I was on AGS for a very short time. They're arrogant and condescending. I had a much better time on championshipsubdivision.com. Still a member there. The folks are not lacking in knowledge and it's a lot more fun. ie: they don't take themselves so seriously like they're the be all and end all to all things FCS.

RE: More AGS Gold - Niner National - 07-22-2013 07:07 PM

I'm glad Charlotte got to skip the step that would involve me being a member there.

RE: More AGS Gold - appsfan - 07-22-2013 07:39 PM

AGS has become boring since we received our Sun Belt invitation as they keep ragging on any move from FCS to FBS. There are several good football posters there be the anti-FBS bias has become old.

RE: More AGS Gold - eaglewraith - 07-22-2013 07:52 PM

Some of the AGS people are not bad, but there are definitely some on there that ruin the experience. At least the guy that used to own it and ran it from his mom's basement couldn't afford it anymore and sold it.

RE: More AGS Gold - Franko - 07-22-2013 08:20 PM

Seems to me a lot of the AGS posters dont realize the seperation between FCS and FBS football. I'm not necessarily talking about competing on the field either. You receive more ink in the national media being in the New Orleans bowl than you do by winning the national championship in FCS. 01-wingedeagle

RE: More AGS Gold - HerdZoned - 07-22-2013 09:42 PM

AGS reminds me of the 2nd kiddie table at Thanksgiving Dinner. You know the one with 2 missing chairs and is propped up unevenly with 2 cases of Diet Rite.

Those that mock Appy and GSU are from those schools that know they have no shot at moving up. They will forever be IAA. I used to think when I was younger that McNeese would be a school to move up. That was before I knew the politics behind McNeese and some of the Sun Belt programs, especially ULL. McNeese would never be allowed in the SB as long as ULL was there. Therefore they would never have a IA conference to go to.

RE: More AGS Gold - GoApps70 - 07-23-2013 05:59 AM

One of the Lehigh posters is a huge fan of the AAC. Believes basically that any school not playing there is a lesser type school. Must have followed the Big East for years.

RE: More AGS Gold - Baldy - 07-23-2013 07:46 AM

Kinda find it ironic that quite a few of the ones complaining the most are fans of teams who just transitioned from DII to FCS in recent years. 01-wingedeagle

RE: More AGS Gold - GoApps70 - 07-23-2013 07:55 AM

(07-23-2013 07:46 AM)Baldy Wrote:  Kinda find it ironic that quite a few of the ones complaining the most are fans of teams who just transitioned from DII to FCS in recent years. 01-wingedeagle

They must still be in move up mode.

RE: More AGS Gold - panama - 07-23-2013 08:09 AM

Many of us ran into the AGS buzzsaw 4 years ago. I know I didn't realize that being stuck in FCS equaled hating FBS. So when we were asked where we saw our program in 5 years, we took the bait. Hijinks ensued.

RE: More AGS Gold - Saint3333 - 07-23-2013 08:41 AM

AGS is where the Sun Belt will be in 2018 if the P5 group gets what they want.

RE: More AGS Gold - GoApps70 - 07-23-2013 08:58 AM

(07-23-2013 08:41 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  AGS is where the Sun Belt will be in 2018 if the P5 group gets what they want.

How would you stop them though? They could be voted down and snap their fingers and start something like the NCAA on their own and exclude all but the P5 conferences if they want.
Would be little money left for the NCAA, especially minor sports, to work with without the draws to their basketball tournament.
NCAA pretty much lost football money years ago, so where would they get enough money to operate?
The only thing really holding the P5 schools is having enough schools to beat up on. If the rest of the NCAA got together and refused to play them, that could work, but it might just make them take the G5 along.

RE: More AGS Gold - panama - 07-23-2013 09:25 AM

(07-23-2013 08:58 AM)GoApps70 Wrote:  
(07-23-2013 08:41 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  AGS is where the Sun Belt will be in 2018 if the P5 group gets what they want.

How would you stop them though? They could be voted down and snap their fingers and start something like the NCAA on their own and exclude all but the P5 conferences if they want.
Would be little money left for the NCAA, especially minor sports, to work with without the draws to their basketball tournament.
NCAA pretty much lost football money years ago, so where would they get enough money to operate?
The only thing really holding the P5 schools is having enough schools to beat up on. If the rest of the NCAA got together and refused to play them, that could work, but it might just make them take the G5 along.
Are they willing to leave the MBB tourney behind?