CSNbbs
For Your Consideration - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: For Your Consideration (/thread-634644.html)

Pages: 1 2

For Your Consideration - Sun Segment - 05-27-2013 01:49 PM

We are happy to announce the launch of our experimental site dedicated to bringing you the news of the Sun Belt. Our vision is to create a central location where fans of the conference can find useful information and interesting reports on the member programs. Because our operation is still in the early formative stages, we greatly appreciate your input on our work. Please feel free to report any errors of fact or to submit leads for stories. Some features you will find: a status report on the conference membership, stadium pictures and information, team schedules, and a "playbook" section where we analyze a new team's offense every week (current team is Arkansas State). Again, please feel free to contribute any helpful information as we strive to give you the best free, fan based news possible.

Visit our site at http://www.sunsegment.com

RE: For Your Consideration - TroyFootball05 - 05-27-2013 01:55 PM

(05-27-2013 01:49 PM)Sun Segment Wrote:  We are happy to announce the launch of our experimental site dedicated to bringing you the news of the Sun Belt. Our vision is to create a central location where fans of the conference can find useful information and interesting reports on the member programs. Because our operation is still in the early formative stages, we greatly appreciate your input on our work. Please feel free to report any errors of fact or to submit leads for stories. Some features you will find: a status report on the conference membership, stadium pictures and information, team schedules, and a "playbook" section where we analyze a new team's offense every week (current team is Arkansas State). Again, please feel free to contribute any helpful information as we strive to give you the best free, fan based news possible.

Love this. I'd love to help with Troy's Offense section.

RE: For Your Consideration - panama - 05-27-2013 02:26 PM

Site ink is still wet and already has GSU attendance smack. Awesome!

04-cheers

RE: For Your Consideration - AtlantaJag - 05-27-2013 02:35 PM

(05-27-2013 02:26 PM)panama Wrote:  Site isnt wet and already has GSU attendance smack. Awesome!

04-cheers

At least GaSt is mentioned in the realignment section, unlike USA.

RE: For Your Consideration - Dman - 05-27-2013 02:36 PM

Very nice, I like.

RE: For Your Consideration - Sun Segment - 05-27-2013 02:46 PM

We are working on our South Alabama realignment entry today!

RE: For Your Consideration - panama - 05-27-2013 02:50 PM

This is what a conference football news site should look like ...

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/

RE: For Your Consideration - CatMom - 05-27-2013 03:06 PM

(05-27-2013 02:50 PM)panama Wrote:  This is what a conference football news site should look like ...

First, they're just getting started
Second, they don't have ESPN money behind them

Give them a break.....and some time

RE: For Your Consideration - Burn the Horse - 05-27-2013 03:29 PM

Your Troy website link is wrong. TroySports.com is NOT our website, TroyTrojans.com is. The link you have up there is to some Michigan Ice Skating thing.

Also, you left Troy out of your "Realignment" section. 05-nono You say stAte is, "the most successful football program in recent history of the Conference." Wrong. Troy is. stAte has had some very good seasons recently, but they are NOT the most successful in our history...unless you mean just the past two years. The Trojans won the SBC title from 2006-2010.

Just constructive critism like you asked for. 04-cheers I am happy someone is attempting to do this right. Our membership is definitly the target demographic, so the opinions gathered here will be exactly what ya'll need to make this thing the best it can be.

RE: For Your Consideration - panama - 05-27-2013 04:24 PM

(05-27-2013 03:06 PM)CatMom Wrote:  
(05-27-2013 02:50 PM)panama Wrote:  This is what a conference football news site should look like ...

First, they're just getting started
Second, they don't have ESPN money behind them

Give them a break.....and some time
The most valuable thing for a startup is criticism early. You don't need ESPN or USA Today money for a professional look and feel. Not sure what the mission statement is as there is no about us page. So not sure if Wordpress is the best platform or not. Not sure what the name is trying to evoke either. http://www.fbschedules.com makes me think I may be getting football schedules. If you're going news and information I would keep it as impartial and devoid of bias as you can. My entrepreneurship professor always said don't reinvent the wheel, especially with web startups. There are plenty of models in this space you can emulate. All the best.

RE: For Your Consideration - Troyboy redux - 05-27-2013 04:38 PM

I'm there!

RE: For Your Consideration - chiefsfan - 05-27-2013 04:40 PM

You should proclaim "greatest ever" for stAte. That way it is much easier to identify us over all those wannabe's...

RE: For Your Consideration - Burn the Horse - 05-27-2013 04:52 PM

I would like to point out that this website is basically saying they will offer the same stuff you get here...essentially becoming a competitor to us. They don't have a message board community like us, but the information they are claiming they will offer is basically what our INsiders provide.

RE: For Your Consideration - Chrono124 - 05-27-2013 07:43 PM

I couldn't see myself spending any time here. There is nothing there that I can't get here twice as fast. Not only that but your mobile site needs a ton of work, and honestly should be your main focus. If I were you I would go back to the drawing board and think on it a while before you waste more money and time. Your intentions are good, but the direction is already going the wrong way. It looks a bit rushed too, don't be afraid to take that extra time to polish her up until you let the flood gates open. Good luck to you.

For Your Consideration - bamaEagle - 05-27-2013 08:01 PM

Great idea. I like the mobile page. Nothing wrong with making a website for sunbelt news. I highly doubt the website creator was expecting to be a competitor to this site or take a beating for coming up with a good idea.

RE: For Your Consideration - DTD343 - 05-27-2013 08:13 PM

Very nice!!

RE: For Your Consideration - Chrono124 - 05-27-2013 08:15 PM

(05-27-2013 08:01 PM)bamaEagle Wrote:  Great idea. I like the mobile page. Nothing wrong with making a website for sunbelt news. I highly doubt the website creator was expecting to be a competitor to this site or take a beating for coming up with a good idea.

Not saying he will be a competitor, nor has anyone been bashing him for trying. Criticism breeds ingenuity and creativity, if not everything would suck. My hat is off to him for trying, and only want the best for the site.

RE: For Your Consideration - CrimsonPhantom - 05-27-2013 08:23 PM

(05-27-2013 01:49 PM)Sun Segment Wrote:  We are happy to announce the launch of our experimental site dedicated to bringing you the news of the Sun Belt. Our vision is to create a central location where fans of the conference can find useful information and interesting reports on the member programs. Because our operation is still in the early formative stages, we greatly appreciate your input on our work. Please feel free to report any errors of fact or to submit leads for stories. Some features you will find: a status report on the conference membership, stadium pictures and information, team schedules, and a "playbook" section where we analyze a new team's offense every week (current team is Arkansas State). Again, please feel free to contribute any helpful information as we strive to give you the best free, fan based news possible.

If you are looking for links regarding SBC members forums or sites please check out the SBC page on Crimson Aggie Connection.

RE: For Your Consideration - FoUTASportscaster - 05-28-2013 07:23 AM

I thought it was too editorial and a but heavy on speculation. Verbs like seem, hopes, should, etc. aren't news verbs unless used in quotes.

I also thought speculation was heavy. Example, Idaho's and NMSU's entries made no mention that they are FBS ready now and don't require a transition period. That was one of their biggest pro's and without that, I don't think Idaho gets the invite and NMSU is iffy.

There were a few factual errors. For example, MTSU's time in the SBC is over, not after 2013. Their departure will hurt (another example of editorializing) even if you take just a narrow football view. They won 8 games last year. Also, the two Lousiaiana's are in the West, not east as the realignment said.

It also seems to take a view that the last two years will be how things will be in the future. Everything needs context, which is where reporting comes in. Who has improved during spring drills? What new coach has changed the attitude of the locker room? Which team will be hurt most be leaving seniors? The folks that answer these questions the best are closest to the answer, and that is hard.

I get that football is driving the bus, but there is a lot more to the Belt than football. There is a lot of quality programs that newsworthy at the different institutions.

RE: For Your Consideration - Burn the Horse - 05-28-2013 07:55 AM

If I could offer some legit constructive critism, it would be that you should take more than just the past two seasons in to account.

Do a bit more research in to the full history of SBC football. The folks here are the big time Belt fans, we know our entire history so we are going to expect someone running a "Sun Belt website" to know just as much.

I'm glad you're doing this, despite the fact we provide similar content in different ways. The more outlets the SBC has the better, so keep pushing on bud. If you need help from us just ask, we'll do what we can.