CSNbbs
Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Inactive Areas (/forum-770.html)
+--- Forum: MVCbbs (/forum-606.html)
+---- Forum: MVC Conference Talk (/forum-607.html)
+----- Forum: MVC Conference Talk (/forum-610.html)
+----- Thread: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 (/thread-627357.html)

Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - BirdFan 4Life - 03-30-2013 09:16 PM

Hats off to the Shockers for just an amazing 30 minutes and a gutty 10 when momentum was shifting! This does not surprise me at all seeing them play against the Redbirds, and late into the year. They are built for the tournament with depth and toughness, not just one chosen son in McDermott. Can't imagine the feeling for the fan base, but this is one MVC fan that is all grins! I love nothing more then hearing Reggie Miller or Len Elmore astounded at what they were doing to Ohio State.

Been telling everyone I know not to sleep on Wichita State...and they continue to do so. If people don't watch out they'll be cutting down the nets in a week! Enjoy the Final Four Shocker Land, this is one Redbird fan that will be rooting for you guys all the way04-cheers

RE: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - Downtown Shocker Brown - 03-30-2013 10:54 PM

Thanks Birdfan!

RE: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - r2pirate - 03-31-2013 09:22 PM

(03-30-2013 10:54 PM)Downtown Shocker Brown Wrote:  Thanks Birdfan!

Just wanted to come on your board to wish Wichita State the best of best and let you know there are lots of eastern north carolina (ECU) folks pulling for you to win the national championship in men's basketball.

RE: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - Downtown Shocker Brown - 03-31-2013 10:35 PM

(03-31-2013 09:22 PM)r2pirate Wrote:  
(03-30-2013 10:54 PM)Downtown Shocker Brown Wrote:  Thanks Birdfan!

Just wanted to come on your board to wish Wichita State the best of best and let you know there are lots of eastern north carolina (ECU) folks pulling for you to win the national championship in men's basketball.

Thank you r2pirate! We hope we can pull it off. Louisville is a tough matchup. Going to take our A game.

RE: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - Tulsafanzz - 03-31-2013 11:26 PM

Congrats to Wichita State ! Great win over Ohio State on Saturday.

Good luck in the Final Four !

RE: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - SubGod22 - 04-01-2013 09:07 AM

Thanks for the love guys. This has been a hell of a run and there's no guarantee that it ends on Saturday. This team believes it can win the whole damn thing. This coaching staff believes it can win the whole damn thing. This fan thinks it can win the whole damn thing. Pretty sure most of the fan base believes it can win the whole damn thing.

I don't think there's any reason we shouldn't go out there and win the whole damn thing 02-13-banana

RE: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - r2pirate - 04-01-2013 10:48 PM

(04-01-2013 09:07 AM)SubGod22 Wrote:  Thanks for the love guys. This has been a hell of a run and there's no guarantee that it ends on Saturday. This team believes it can win the whole damn thing. This coaching staff believes it can win the whole damn thing. This fan thinks it can win the whole damn thing. Pretty sure most of the fan base believes it can win the whole damn thing.

I don't think there's any reason we shouldn't go out there and win the whole damn thing 02-13-banana

Remember Wichita is representing all non-bcs teams so there are alot of us pulling for WSU to win it all.....do it for all of us:) +2

RE: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - TC4TC - 04-02-2013 11:37 AM

It takes talent, favorable match-ups and the ability to take advantage of those to keep advancing. Shocks are making the most of their chances and I can see them making it to Monday. Louisville will be a huge test but I think the Shocks can match up with them. Shocks are playing with house money now and have nothing to lose. Louisville is going to be playing on emotion but Shocks are rolling as well.

RE: Congrats Wichita State!!..Final 4 - SubGod22 - 04-02-2013 01:36 PM

Sounds like the Shox have more than just their city behind them. Regardless if this all ends on Saturday or with us all dancing in the streets Monday night, this team has been fun to watch. Tough, gritty, heart... Not bad for a rebuilding year.

And you're right about matchups. We found that out last year when we had VCU in round one. We were being picked by some to knock off I believe Indiana in the Sweet 16 but couldn't get passed our first game. We were better than a one and done but those are the breaks. L'ville is a tough and athletic squad, but I don't think their pressure will rattle our guards. And as long as we can keep Siva in front of us and not let him get in the paint and create for himself and others, I like our chances. We need to treat him much like we did Craft and force him and others to shoot jump shots as that's not their strength.

Can't wait for Saturday.