CSNbbs
EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! (/thread-614321.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Hiller4Hyz09 - 01-20-2013 07:57 PM

A tougher test than NIU. But if we limit turnovers and continue to pound the glass, should be a fun time on Stadium Drive Wednesday night.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - holybovine - 01-20-2013 08:53 PM

See you in the winner's circle.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Chipdip - 01-21-2013 08:42 AM

(01-20-2013 08:53 PM)holybovine Wrote:  See you in the winner's circle.

A few things you need to be aware of.

1. When you buy a ticket, the number on it will designate an actual seat that is yours, not an entire section.

2. Yes, we have an upper deck. It is actually used and people will be sitting in it. Don't be afraid.

3. At the end of the game the players and coaches exit between two sets of seating. You can shake their hand as they go by. If you would like to meet your coach in person this is your opportunity. I advise you to do it as it's clear he wants out of Ypsitucky ASAP.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Ken Barna - 01-21-2013 09:35 AM

Dear Chipdip,
Still ragging about attendance. Well, if you go on Western's Athletic website, they show a photo of the Toledo game. It shows the stands at your arena, and there are maybe fifteen people holding down that section. Ahh, those Western fans just fill up that arena. Get a life.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - BrianPersky - 01-21-2013 09:45 AM

Attendance at the Toledo game was 2,544. Certainly nothing to brag about on WMU's end, but EMU is the last school to be making fun of other MAC schools in attendance in ANY sport.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Broncobelt - 01-21-2013 10:18 AM

NIU had only 997 in attendance for the WMU game. Can't get much worse than that.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - SilentStryk09 - 01-21-2013 10:21 AM

EMU's attendance this year:
1,790 (Purdue)
2,359 (Home Opener)

WMU has had one game (Marygrove with 1,896) with less than 2k. And only 2 others had less than 3k

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - EA3 - 01-21-2013 10:23 AM

Personally, I don't care about EMU's attendance. They beat us twice last year in bball, and have taken the last two football games as well.

Just friggin' win!

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - wmubroncopilot - 01-21-2013 10:26 AM

Honestly kind of amazing that more people were at WMU/Marygrove than Purdue @ EMU.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - holybovine - 01-21-2013 10:56 AM

(01-21-2013 08:42 AM)Chipdip Wrote:  
(01-20-2013 08:53 PM)holybovine Wrote:  See you in the winner's circle.

A few things you need to be aware of.

1. When you buy a ticket, the number on it will designate an actual seat that is yours, not an entire section.

2. Yes, we have an upper deck. It is actually used and people will be sitting in it. Don't be afraid.

3. At the end of the game the players and coaches exit between two sets of seating. You can shake their hand as they go by. If you would like to meet your coach in person this is your opportunity. I advise you to do it as it's clear he wants out of Ypsitucky ASAP.

Beating you AGAIN is going to be so fun. It always is.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - okgc - 01-21-2013 01:20 PM

I expected this thread to be about emu dropping to D2 sports. Amazing that the Emu BOT is willing to waste millions of dollars a year. Even Most Michigan class C high school have a better attendance at
football and basketball games.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - holybovine - 01-21-2013 01:33 PM

(01-21-2013 01:20 PM)okgc Wrote:  I expected this thread to be about emu dropping to D2 sports. Amazing that the Emu BOT is willing to waste millions of dollars a year. Even Most Michigan class C high school have a better attendance at football and basketball games.

Attendance smack is all you have when you can't get it done on the field.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - wmubroncopilot - 01-21-2013 01:36 PM

(01-21-2013 01:33 PM)holybovine Wrote:  
(01-21-2013 01:20 PM)okgc Wrote:  I expected this thread to be about emu dropping to D2 sports. Amazing that the Emu BOT is willing to waste millions of dollars a year. Even Most Michigan class C high school have a better attendance at football and basketball games.

And you don't even have that.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Chipdip - 01-21-2013 01:38 PM

(01-21-2013 01:33 PM)holybovine Wrote:  

We're 15-5 against you in football in the last 20 years, and have had 4 bowl visits to your ZERO. We've finished ahead of you in the standings 18 times in 20 years. Basketball isn't quite as lopsided, but it's still pretty bad.

I realize that you perceive this is a "big rivalry," but we don't. It's just another game on the schedule that when played in Ypsitucky is tedious to play and watch.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - holybovine - 01-21-2013 02:18 PM

Our chief rival is CMU. You are in the NIU category.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - BrianPersky - 01-21-2013 02:22 PM

(01-21-2013 02:18 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Our chief rival is CMU. You are in the NIU category.

03-lmfao

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Chipdip - 01-21-2013 02:23 PM

(01-21-2013 02:18 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Our chief rival is CMU. You are in the NIU category.

No, they don't give a rip about you either. That's what doesn't sink in with your 12 person fan base.

Catagory with NIU? They have 10 winning seasons in the last 20 years, and we've steamrolled them the last two times we played them.

EMU could win the MAC for the next ten years and they'd still be irrelevant. Has a lot to do with the commuter aspect of the school and your location to scUM. I'm happy you're a fan of your school, but stop kidding yourself that anyone in the league "gets up for the big EMU game." Nobody cares.

The Chimps and us are true rivals. It's born out in the size of the crowds for those games. When you play us or them the crowds are often one of the smaller ones of the season. Of course when they play at Ypsi the crowds are bursting at the seams.............six, seven thousand.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - DrDavis - 01-21-2013 02:29 PM

I GUESS IF WE GET IT FROM THE BC$ SCHOOLS IT MUST BE OK TO FEED IT TO ANOTHER WE THINK WMU IS SUPERIOR TO.

ON THE OTHER HAND, HOLYBOVINE IS ON A WMU BOARD TALKING SMACK.

SO, NEXT BATTER UP.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Ken Barna - 01-21-2013 02:30 PM

Dear Chipdip,
Yes, but we have a bowl victory and you don't. Totally wrong on the rivalry thing. You said it correctly, Western is just another game on the schedule for us. Why would we consider Western any differently than any other team on our schedule? The only difference it makes is the Michigan MAC Trophy, which Eastern possesses.
Records can change. Let's see what the records will be in the next ten years.

RE: EMU, They've Gotta Go!!!!!! - Chipdip - 01-21-2013 02:37 PM

(01-21-2013 02:30 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Chipdip,
Yes, but we have a bowl victory and you don't. Totally wrong on the rivalry thing. You said it correctly, Western is just another game on the schedule for us. Why would we consider Western any differently than any other team on our schedule? The only difference it makes is the Michigan MAC Trophy, which Eastern possesses.
Records can change. Let's see what the records will be in the next ten years.

Ken, bowl victory? We played before 44,000 last year against Purdue. You not only have no "bowl victory" you haven't been to one in 21 years. Nor have you beaten a BCS team like Purdue, we have several. When I do see you play a BCS team it's often a 65-12 blowout that embarrasses the who league. If their are a dozen EMU fans that actually brag about the MI MAC trophy I'd be shocked. I'd be shocked if a dozen fans know it exists.

Yes you are right Ken, records can change. Last year you placed 4th in the league and stayed home, and this year you took dead last and stayed home.