CSNbbs
Former Troy RB starts for Packers - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Former Troy RB starts for Packers (/thread-609186.html)

Former Troy RB starts for Packers - CardinalBlackTrojan - 12-23-2012 08:14 PM

Former Troy RB DuJuan Harris got the start today for the Green Bay Packers against the Tennessee Titans. He finished with 8 carries, 30 yards, and 1 touchdown.

Nice to see some of our former Sun Belt stars (like T.Y. Hilton) start to make an impact in the NFL.

[Image: 628x471.jpg]

[Image: 201212231401504794313-p2.jpg]

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - TeKERaider - 12-23-2012 09:27 PM

MT Lb Erik Walden had a pick. SBC was well represented in that game

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - Crump1 - 12-23-2012 09:27 PM

The Sun Belt seems to be putting a lot more players in the NFL and having more of an impact. The #1 rookie WR and rookie RB this year could very well be from the Sun Belt (Hilton and Morris). Lance Dunbar, Phillip Tanner and of course Demarcus Ware all play for the Cowboys. ASU has about 7 or 8 guys on rosters and several are impact players.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - BMarkey - 12-23-2012 09:43 PM

Jerrel Jernigan had at least one nice catch today for the Giants, who also have former Troy Trojans Lawrence Tynes and Osi Umenyiora on the starting roster.

Troy grad Leodis McKelvin had a decent year, with a recent kick return for a TD against the Dolphins.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - WinstonTheWolf - 12-23-2012 10:41 PM

twas tweeted on former Sun Belt and Arkansas State star Alex Carrington:

Alex Carrington is the 1st #Bills player in franchise history with 4 blocked kicks in a year

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - TrojanNation - 12-24-2012 11:47 AM

(12-23-2012 10:41 PM)WinstonTheWolf Wrote:  Alex Carrington is the 1st #Bills player in franchise history with 4 blocked kicks in a year

Wow. That is impressive! 01-ncaabbs

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - OwlFamily - 12-24-2012 12:00 PM

Morris is having a fantastic year. One more game left and he could break the Redskins all time rushing record.

If it wasnt for all the QB's Rookies this year he would probably be an easy pick for Rookie of the year. 6th round pick who is 3rd in the league in rushing.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - TrojanNation - 12-24-2012 12:52 PM

Lester Jean (FAU)...

Looked up his #'s- not much for quantity but he has had 6 receptions for 151 yards- a whopping 25.2 YPC (!) and 1 TD this year.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - mathenis89 - 12-24-2012 12:56 PM

Can't wait until Bobby Rainey can get a starting job. The man deserves it.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - OwlFamily - 12-24-2012 01:03 PM

(12-24-2012 12:52 PM)TrojanNation Wrote:  Lester Jean (FAU)...

Looked up his #'s- not much for quantity but he has had 6 receptions for 151 yards- a whopping 25.2 YPC (!) and 1 TD this year.

He's beem hurt a bit too, but when they do use him he gets open and for big gains.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - MTPiKapp - 12-24-2012 02:05 PM

(12-24-2012 12:56 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  Can't wait until Bobby Rainey can get a starting job. The man deserves it.

Deserves it based on what?

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - mathenis89 - 12-25-2012 05:34 PM

(12-24-2012 02:05 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(12-24-2012 12:56 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  Can't wait until Bobby Rainey can get a starting job. The man deserves it.

Destroying every Sun Belt team except Arkansas State with his legs once he had a good coach and decent team?

Plus, he's a very classy player, which I understand is unheard of in Murfreesboro.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - MTPiKapp - 12-25-2012 05:50 PM

(12-25-2012 05:34 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  
(12-24-2012 02:05 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

Destroying every Sun Belt team except Arkansas State with his legs once he had a good coach and decent team?

Plus, he's a very classy player, which I understand is unheard of in Murfreesboro.

That's hilarious. He deserves it because he was good in college and is a good guy? You do realize that there is not a fanbase in the country who doesn't feel the exact same way about several of their alums right?

And since its Christmas, I'll tread lightly but your pot shot at our players is unnecessary and totally laughable. I guarantee you that you won't find a better guy on any of your rosters than Phillip Tanner or Trevor Jenkins just to name two off the top of my head, both of whom were outstanding players and better people, but I'm not delusional enough to believe they deserve to start in the NFL. Give me a break clown.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - Burn the Horse - 12-25-2012 06:51 PM

Everyone on here remembers how good a 'back Harris was for Troy. He had a hard time getting a legit shot at Jacksonville, but I always said he deserved more carries. A one-two punch of Jones-Drew and Harris would have been very good.

I hope Green Bay gets their money's worth. Dujuan is going to give it everything he's got, I hope his skill set continues to be just what the Packers need.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - MTPiKapp - 12-25-2012 07:19 PM

(12-25-2012 06:51 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  Everyone on here remembers how good a 'back Harris was for Troy. He had a hard time getting a legit shot at Jacksonville, but I always said he deserved more carries. A one-two punch of Jones-Drew and Harris would have been very good.

I hope Green Bay gets their money's worth. Dujuan is going to give it everything he's got, I hope his skill set continues to be just what the Packers need.

The Sun Belt is littered with former players, especially at running back, who were outstanding players who got little to no shot at the next level. Cobbs, Thomas, Fenroy, Arnold, Dawson, Dunbar, Tanner, Rainey, Harris etc.

The jury is still out on the guys who are currently in the league(Tanner, Rainey, Dunbar, Harris, even Morris) but none of these guys "deserved" it more than any other player who ever has or ever will play for any of our schools. If making it in the NFL was about being good in college and being a "good guy" the league would need at least double the amount of teams they have now.

RE: Former Troy RB starts for Packers - TrojanNation - 12-26-2012 03:11 PM

Trojans in the NFL Week 16

http://www.troytrojans.com/news/2012/12/26/FB_1226121221.aspx

Every team in the SBC needs a weekly update like this on their athletics page.