CSNbbs
UConn defeats Kent State - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Independents (FBS) (/forum-981.html)
+---- Forum: Connecticut (/forum-411.html)
+---- Thread: UConn defeats Kent State (/thread-58290.html)

- HuskyNan - 11-09-2002 03:56 PM

UConn won its second game in a row and is now 4-6 with Navy up next week. The game wasn't televised, so I can't say exactly what happened, but I can tell you it was UConn 49-0 at the half.

04-bow Go UConn! 04-bow

- RUmojo - 11-09-2002 08:02 PM

Uconn scores over 60 points two weeks in a row, whats up with that??? Good job and congrats, can't wait until you guys start BE play.

- HuskyNan - 11-10-2002 07:28 AM

RUmojo Wrote:Uconn scores over 60 points two weeks in a row, whats up with that??? Good job and congrats, can't wait until you guys start BE play.
Last week almost doesn't count, as Florida Atlantic is a D-IA team that's only in it's 2nd year of existance. The biggest positive is that we beat a team we were supposed to beat.

This week the guys were pumped up. It was the seniors' last game at Memorial Stadium and they all wanted to play the last game there (new stadium next year) with a big win. All kinds of UConn records were set and one NCAA record tied (most number of TDs in a quarter, 4)

Next week, Navy. I had been thinking that was a good chance for a win, but after seeing them play ND yesterday, I'm not so sure. THEN, our final game is Iowa State in Ames :eek:

- RUmojo - 11-11-2002 10:34 AM

I think you guys can beat Navy, it should be a good game. Iowa State will be tough on the road. Good luck!!!