CSNbbs
Support UAB Fans' Businesses - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: Archives (/forum-383.html)
+------- Forum: BlazerTalk Archives (/forum-791.html)
+------- Thread: Support UAB Fans' Businesses (/thread-573085.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Support UAB Fans' Businesses - BlazrDawg - 06-04-2012 06:15 PM

It just occurred to me that we should always support UAB folks in the business world whenever we can. To that end, why dont we list such businesses in this thread to promote members of the UAB family.

While I could name several, let me start out by mentioning that 2 of our former football players (Tanner Allen and Joe Meadow) work at TJC Mortgage in Birmingham ( I think that the T stands for Tanner and the J stands for Joe ), which employs several other folks as well. If you or family or friends are in the market to refinance or get a new home mortgage, the rates are incredibly low these days.

OK, lets get out there and make our UAB family members the first ones we think of whenever we need to spend some $$$. I look forward to hearing about other friends of UAB and their Business ventures.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 06-04-2012 06:24 PM

We should ESPECIALLY look with favor toward those who sponsor our sports programs with their money, business decorations and their merchandise. Now, what was being said about the southside Dreamland having no UAB presence?

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - the_blazerman - 06-04-2012 07:12 PM

I think I should have no trouble continuing to support Milo's & Full Moon BBQ.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - BlazerDave - 06-04-2012 07:22 PM

Y'all need to support Saab Tire and Automotive on Southside.

Since the stadium fiasco they have picked up the torch.

They have purchased, for the first time, several Club Level season tickets for football this season and are hosting a business fundraiser this August where Coach McGee will speak. The owner graduated from UAB and his wife went to Bama however, she is spearheading the fundraiser and is pissed at the UABOT.

FreeUAB is, indeed, spreading.

Show them some support! They deserve it.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - hooverblazer - 06-04-2012 08:09 PM

Nowlin & Associates financial advisers.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - boze - 06-04-2012 08:20 PM

I know a really good ALFA Insurance agent in Trussville. Ha!

PM if you want to know my contact info. As a former athlete, I am proud that ALFA has been a long time supporter of UAB Athletics and I would love to take care of my Blazer friends' insurance needs.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - Motley Blazer - 06-04-2012 09:21 PM

(06-04-2012 06:15 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  It just occurred to me that we should always support UAB folks in the business world whenever we can. To that end, why dont we list such businesses in this thread to promote members of the UAB family.

While I could name several, let me start out by mentioning that 2 of our former football players (Tanner Allen and Joe Meadow) work at TJC Mortgage in Birmingham ( I think that the T stands for Tanner and the J stands for Joe ), which employs several other folks as well. If you or family or friends are in the market to refinance or get a new home mortgage, the rates are incredibly low these days.

OK, lets get out there and make our UAB family members the first ones we think of whenever we need to spend some $$$. I look forward to hearing about other friends of UAB and their Business ventures.

i've heard their commercial on Jox... i thought the names sounded familiar

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - hooverblazer - 06-04-2012 09:54 PM

Armstrong Relocation is another big one.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - bladhmadh - 06-04-2012 10:00 PM

We need a list that is continually updated in the important thread area and it should be sticky number one

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - blazerjay - 06-04-2012 10:06 PM

(06-04-2012 10:00 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  We need a list that is continually updated in the important thread area and it should be sticky number one

done

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - oldragon - 06-04-2012 10:44 PM

(06-04-2012 08:09 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  Nowlin & Associates financial advisers.

Thanks guys. We will gladly help with investments or life insurance questions. Let's keep it all in the family. Go Blazers and freeuab

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - blazerjay - 06-05-2012 02:28 PM

Unstuck by Request.

I will follow up with a stickied list when I get a chance.

Carry on....

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - BlazrDawg - 06-05-2012 02:53 PM

Welcome back to the more active thread area. Please add your fellow Blazers and their business info so we can better support those who have ties to UAB.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - BlazerFromMD - 06-05-2012 03:19 PM

If anyone needs patent or trademark work done, I work for a Houston-based firm, but I'm 100% Blazer!

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - Matrix - 06-05-2012 03:40 PM

This is good, very good, to galvanize rave support for those who show the Blazers love. The Waffle House on 18th Street South and 5th Avenue has UAB Sports posters all over their recently-opened walls, no "Updyke" presence that I could see.

I'd like to get a list of all the businesses that support UAB Blazers Athletics, I know of some, like Golden Flake and the ones mentioned here...Please keep them coming. I'm truly in with this!

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - hooverblazer - 06-05-2012 03:46 PM

Sponsors I can think of off the top of my head are Alabama Power, Regions, BBVA Compass, Legacy Credit Union, Full Moon, Milo's, ALFA, Verizon, Buffalo Rock, Bromberg's, Golden Flake, Red Diamond, etc

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - blazerjay - 06-05-2012 03:57 PM

(06-05-2012 03:19 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  If anyone needs patent or trademark work done, I work for a Houston-based firm, but I'm 100% Blazer!

Man, I don't envy you. I dealt with the uspto for 18 months and they seem to be one of the most screwball organizations within the federal government.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - blazertke - 06-05-2012 04:07 PM

Manager of the McCalister's down by the hospital is a huge UAB fan and I believe he posts on here. Used to talk UAB football/basketball with him whenever i'd go in there.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - Matrix - 06-05-2012 04:29 PM

(06-05-2012 04:07 PM)blazertke Wrote:  Manager of the McCalister's down by the hospital is a huge UAB fan and I believe he posts on here. Used to talk UAB football/basketball with him whenever i'd go in there.

I believe you're correct. I've met him a pair of times going to and coming from work. The McAlister's of which you speak is right around the corner from the Waffle House I mentioned.

I have eaten at Full Moon before, great food. But, I haven't had a Dreamland experience in quite some time. Next time I crave BBQ, I'm going to the one on the Southside.

RE: Support UAB Fans' Businesses - BlazerFromMD - 06-06-2012 08:40 AM

(06-05-2012 03:57 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  
(06-05-2012 03:19 PM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  If anyone needs patent or trademark work done, I work for a Houston-based firm, but I'm 100% Blazer!

Man, I don't envy you. I dealt with the uspto for 18 months and they seem to be one of the most screwball organizations within the federal government.

03-lmfao Tell me about it! I worked there for 12 years! 03-lmfao