CSNbbs
SBC addition you like most - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: SBC addition you like most (/thread-568822.html)

Pages: 1 2

SBC addition you like most - CardinalBlackTrojan - 05-06-2012 03:18 PM

Which of the newest schools are you happier to have?

RE: SBC addition you like most - Tuscon - 05-06-2012 04:05 PM

Not going to vote as it's pretty apparent what my answer would be, but I have to say that the upside to both Georgia State and Texas State is pretty terrific. Being only the third FBS school in Georgia will help us tremendously in grabbing talent and, hopefully, building a fan base.

With all the changes going on in the football world, we have a great chance to make the Sun Belt into the better conference vs CUSA in the national mind. Hopefully Georgia State contributes much to that effort.

RE: SBC addition you like most - Bobcat87 - 05-06-2012 04:20 PM

(05-06-2012 04:05 PM)Tuscon Wrote:  Not going to vote as it's pretty apparent what my answer would be, but I have to say that the upside to both Georgia State and Texas State is pretty terrific. Being only the third FBS school in Georgia will help us tremendously in grabbing talent and, hopefully, building a fan base.

With all the changes going on in the football world, we have a great chance to make the Sun Belt into the better conference vs CUSA in the national mind. Hopefully Georgia State contributes much to that effort.

Tuscon - Niiiiiiiiice post. We're glad to be in the Belt with you guys. And we also look forward to doing our part to help the conference surpass CUSA. Back'n the Cats and the Belt. 04-cheers

RE: SBC addition you like most - RaiderDoug - 05-06-2012 04:35 PM

GSU. It adds another easy travel road game for MT. And if we get our 12 team/2 division conference, MT probably won't see TxSt very often anyway.

I'm actually more excited about the possibility of ApSt than either of them.

RE: SBC addition you like most - dewclaws - 05-06-2012 05:32 PM

I'm happy to see all of them in (admittedly biased in favor of Texas State)! Hoping all of the newbie schools will get up to speed as quickly as possible and contribute. On a side note - I am really enjoying this board. Tend to lurk more than post, but it's nice to see a touch of class by the posters here.

RE: SBC addition you like most - Usajags - 05-06-2012 05:36 PM

I didn't see the "None of the Above" choice?.?.?.?...

RE: SBC addition you like most - FloridaJag - 05-06-2012 05:43 PM

Ga State

Mobile vs Atlanta

Nice road trips for me.

RE: SBC addition you like most - ark30inf - 05-06-2012 05:51 PM

I'm pretty happy with all three additions. I guess I will go with Texas State solely based on the fact they are more mature at this point in football and are in the West. Georgia State looks like they could catch up pretty quickly. If UTA helps improve basketball they will be most welcome.

RE: SBC addition you like most - Burn the Horse - 05-06-2012 10:44 PM

(05-06-2012 05:36 PM)Usajags Wrote:  I didn't see the "None of the Above" choice?.?.?.?...

Ah c'mon man, we got two good new members. Now if we add App State we'll DEFINITLY be looked at as one of the winners in realignment this go around.

RE: SBC addition you like most - Usajags - 05-07-2012 08:39 AM

With an addition of App St or Ga So, I would have voted for either of them. I like the idea of them much better then what we actually got. I do think Tx St is better then UTSA.

I actually feel bad for USM, Tulsa and ECU, they are three decent teams left in a dog of a conference. I don't think CUSA helped their cause at all.

RE: SBC addition you like most - Panthersville - 05-07-2012 08:43 AM

(05-06-2012 04:05 PM)Tuscon Wrote:  Not going to vote as it's pretty apparent what my answer would be, but I have to say that the upside to both Georgia State and Texas State is pretty terrific. Being only the third FBS school in Georgia will help us tremendously in grabbing talent and, hopefully, building a fan base.

Come on Tuscon - we need to hype ourselves. The Appy fans and GaSots are in here pimping themselves like hookers, and keep stroking each other's rep ratings like $5 handjobs. Of course we are more dignified than that, but you can at least add a vote!

RE: SBC addition you like most - Tuscon - 05-07-2012 09:52 AM

(05-07-2012 08:43 AM)Panthersville Wrote:  

Come on Tuscon - we need to hype ourselves. The Appy fans and GaSots are in here pimping themselves like hookers, and keep stroking each other's rep ratings like $5 handjobs. Of course we are more dignified than that, but you can at least add a vote!

We're already in. I'll let my team vote for me.

RE: SBC addition you like most - JoeJag - 05-07-2012 10:14 AM

Don't know what the OP was searching for, but to me, it is a no-brainer. Georgia State!

RE: SBC addition you like most - Bobcat Bob - 05-07-2012 05:36 PM

Hopefully our first year as FBC being in the WAC, with OOC games with Houston, Texas Tech, Nevada and Navy will get the worst of the transition over for us before we join the Belt. Unfortunately, other than baseball, our men's sports won't be adding much. On the women's side, we are very strong with our soccer, volleyball and softball programs. We also made a major upgrade in women's basketball coaching this past year. As this last year could not get over soon enough, this next year will seem even longer. The belt can't get here quick enough. Thanks for the welcome, and looking forward to helping (eventually) make this a stronger conference.

RE: SBC addition you like most - Dedsquirrl - 05-07-2012 06:39 PM

When I voted, I was thinking about the beautiful stadium pics I saw for TXST.

But then I read all the other South posts.
One more away game I can attend every year?
Heck Yeah!

But good adds both IMO.
I kinda wish TXST really was the Armadillos though. 03-wink

RE: SBC addition you like most - troy4ever21 - 05-08-2012 10:01 AM

I really wish we'd give up on UTA. We already have a "western" non-football member (UALR). Let's grab a very good baseball/basketball program in the east to balance out the divisions. I've said it before in many threads I'd hate to see Troy/South or MT/WKU split up just to add another school in the west...

RE: SBC addition you like most - trojanblood - 05-08-2012 02:53 PM

I am happy with the additions to the west with Texas St. and UTA, Ga. State will be good because of the market, but if we add APP St. and Ga. Southern, it will make the gridiron incredibly strong. It will make the CUSA second guess themselves. To me they seem to be like the WAC and grabbing for straws.

RE: SBC addition you like most - Panthersville - 05-08-2012 03:06 PM

(05-08-2012 10:01 AM)troy4ever21 Wrote:  I really wish we'd give up on UTA. We already have a "western" non-football member (UALR). Let's grab a very good baseball/basketball program in the east to balance out the divisions. I've said it before in many threads I'd hate to see Troy/South or MT/WKU split up just to add another school in the west...

Agree. Who in the East has no football or football move-up aspirations and is good in Basketball? Maybe Belmont? They are getting ready to change conferences.

RE: SBC addition you like most - MG61 - 05-08-2012 03:19 PM

Why are some folks screwing up the poll by voting for yourself ?03-lmfao

RE: SBC addition you like most - Tuscon - 05-08-2012 03:51 PM

(05-08-2012 03:19 PM)MG61 Wrote:  Why are some folks screwing up the poll by voting for yourself ?03-lmfao

I noticed a ton of the Texas State answerers are Texas State fans(although, I think they are winning without them). GS and App State fans seem to like the Texas State add as well.