CSNbbs
Texas st presser made me sick. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Texas st presser made me sick. (/thread-568073.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Texas st presser made me sick. - statefanatic - 05-02-2012 12:56 PM

most of the presser was trying to convince everybody they were happy to be in the Belt. The AD didn't want questions asked at the presser because he new everybody was mad about the move to the Belt. Benson looked pissed because they didn't welcome the move to the Belt. That was the worst presser I've ever watch and the most uncomfortable I've ever seen a commish look. Texas st should be thanking us for giving them a home instead of having fake smiles on there faces. I can't believe the AD went as far to say they tried to get in other conferences. I hope the original Belt teams stomp the crap out of them to show we aren't as weak as they think we are.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - BLEEDITRED - 05-02-2012 01:01 PM

I'm not sure how else Benson is supposed to react. He appeared professional and even keeled.

Their AD though, yeah, I kind of agree. He was almost apologizing for the move to the Belt. It was extremely clear that he had received negative communication about the move and was trying to explain it away in a sense. I get that he needs to do that with his fan and alumni base, but the presser held for announcing the move probably isn't the time or place to go on your spiel about it.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - WinstonTheWolf - 05-02-2012 01:03 PM

(05-02-2012 12:56 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  most of the presser was trying to convince everybody they were happy to be in the Belt. The AD didn't want questions asked at the presser because he new everybody was mad about the move to the Belt. Benson looked pissed because they didn't welcome the move to the Belt. That was the worst presser I've ever watch and the most uncomfortable I've ever seen a commish look. Texas st should be thanking us for giving them a home instead of having fake smiles on there faces. I can't believe the AD went as far to say they tried to get in other conferences. I hope the original Belt teams stomp the crap out of them to show we aren't as weak as they think we are.

After visiting one of their message boards recently, I reacted similarly to their disdain for the Sun Belt - as if they are somehow entitled to something better. I hope they win every game they play, except the Sun Belt Conference games. I hope they lose all of those for a couple years.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - Glassonion - 05-02-2012 01:04 PM

Sounds about time to add two teams that would love the invite, if only we knew who... oh wait, we do! Lets hear it Mr Benson.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - statefanatic - 05-02-2012 01:06 PM

(05-02-2012 01:01 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  I'm not sure how else Benson is supposed to react. He appeared professional and even keeled.

Their AD though, yeah, I kind of agree. He was almost apologizing for the move to the Belt. It was extremely clear that he had received negative communication about the move and was trying to explain it away in a sense. I get that he needs to do that with his fan and alumni base, but the presser held for announcing the move probably isn't the time or place to go on your spiel about it.

I'm not blaiming Benson for being uncomfortable. I would too if I was giving someone a home they didn't want. The AD was very unproffessional. The things he said should have been said behind closed doors. You use a presser to celebrate not to apologize.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - slycat - 05-02-2012 01:06 PM

I agree it wasn't the time to do it but most fans want to know why UTSA is going CUSA and we aren't. Fans perceive this as a lose and aren't happy. Sun Belt is great but many fans don't see it when UTSA is going there with North Texas. He has questions to answer but should have waited until later.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - statefanatic - 05-02-2012 01:09 PM

(05-02-2012 01:04 PM)Glassonion Wrote:  Sounds about time to add two teams that would love the invite, if only we knew who... oh wait, we do! Lets hear it Mr Benson.

Would love to have App and Southern. Hell Georgia St was happy to join. Texas St needs to take notes.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - Tiguar - 05-02-2012 01:13 PM

(05-02-2012 01:06 PM)slycat Wrote:  I agree it wasn't the time to do it but most fans want to know why UTSA is going CUSA and we aren't. Fans perceive this as a lose and aren't happy. Sun Belt is great but many fans don't see it when UTSA is going there with North Texas. He has questions to answer but should have waited until later.
You guys are just going to be awesome to deal with.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - statefanatic - 05-02-2012 01:15 PM

(05-02-2012 01:06 PM)slycat Wrote:  I agree it wasn't the time to do it but most fans want to know why UTSA is going CUSA and we aren't. Fans perceive this as a lose and aren't happy. Sun Belt is great but many fans don't see it when UTSA is going there with North Texas. He has questions to answer but should have waited until later.

Let just put it this way. Texas St fans need to get over it. Your AD should have used that time to explain why the Belt is a great fit and how thankful he is we excepted Texas St. Instead he made it sound like the Belt was some low confernce that he hoped was a short stop until they move on. He sounded like a boy among men.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - CHughes1102 - 05-02-2012 01:15 PM

(05-02-2012 01:13 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  

Hahaha no kidding. They will get a wake up call when they join the league. This league is a lot harder than it looks.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - slycat - 05-02-2012 01:17 PM

(05-02-2012 01:09 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 01:04 PM)Glassonion Wrote:  Sounds about time to add two teams that would love the invite, if only we knew who... oh wait, we do! Lets hear it Mr Benson.

Would love to have App and Southern. Hell Georgia St was happy to join. Texas St needs to take notes.

Of course Georgia St was happy, they got an FBS invite. Texas St already got that with the WAC. We would have been happy had the SBC invited us in the first place. But because the WAC is dying and UTSA for the perceived better invite, fans are pissed. It's no secret that the SBC is viewed lesser by the majority of the country then CUSA. That's a fact. Yes the SBC is improving but perception hasn't fully changed. Therefore, fans see what it is on the surface and feel left out. If UTSA didn't exist and get that invite you wouldn't see the upset fan base.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - Bobcat87 - 05-02-2012 01:17 PM

(05-02-2012 12:56 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  most of the presser was trying to convince everybody they were happy to be in the Belt. The AD didn't want questions asked at the presser because he new everybody was mad about the move to the Belt. Benson looked pissed because they didn't welcome the move to the Belt. That was the worst presser I've ever watch and the most uncomfortable I've ever seen a commish look. Texas st should be thanking us for giving them a home instead of having fake smiles on there faces. I can't believe the AD went as far to say they tried to get in other conferences. I hope the original Belt teams stomp the crap out of them to show we aren't as weak as they think we are.

Easy there Fanatic, not ALL of us are unhappy about the move to the Sun Belt. I'm looking forward to the upgrade in competition, as well as the opportunity to grow in a stable, respected conference. Back'n the Cats and The Belt.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - statefanatic - 05-02-2012 01:18 PM

(05-02-2012 01:15 PM)CHughes1102 Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 01:13 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  

Hahaha no kidding. They will get a wake up call when they join the league. This league is a lot harder than it looks.

Just wait till Troy and MTSU get back to there old selves and ASU, WKU, and ULL put a beat down on Texas St.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - BLEEDITRED - 05-02-2012 01:19 PM

Is it not extremely clear?

Dallas
San Antonio
San Marcos

That's it. That's all that's driving CUSA. Your fan base needs a wake up call. And it will get it soon enough.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - slycat - 05-02-2012 01:20 PM

I'm not trying say what he did was right. And you are also right in saying that the league is harder than it LOOKS. To the average fan they remember how bad the Sun Belt was. A smarter fan will realize how they have played against CUSA compitition more recently.

I'm happy y'all let us join. We will be lucky to win the league in five years. Things usually don't happen overnight.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - slycat - 05-02-2012 01:24 PM

(05-02-2012 01:19 PM)BLEEDITRED Wrote:  

Is it not extremely clear?

Dallas
San Antonio
San Marcos

That's it. That's all that's driving CUSA. Your fan base needs a wake up call. And it will get it soon enough.

Pretty obvious to me. But the average fan thinks that somehow we should be ahead of UTSA because we've been around longer. And that if we didn't have an idiot for AD then we would be in for sure. I don't think Anyone could have done much better

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - statefanatic - 05-02-2012 01:24 PM

(05-02-2012 01:20 PM)slycat Wrote:  I'm not trying say what he did was right. And you are also right in saying that the league is harder than it LOOKS. To the average fan they remember how bad the Sun Belt was. A smarter fan will realize how they have played against CUSA compitition more recently.

I'm happy y'all let us join. We will be lucky to win the league in five years. Things usually don't happen overnight.

You will never win the league as long as ASU, TROY, WKU, ULL and MTSU remain in the conference. Yes these teams are that much better than Texas St. We have built a foundation and are light years ahead of you.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - slycat - 05-02-2012 01:28 PM

(05-02-2012 01:24 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  
(05-02-2012 01:20 PM)slycat Wrote:  I'm not trying say what he did was right. And you are also right in saying that the league is harder than it LOOKS. To the average fan they remember how bad the Sun Belt was. A smarter fan will realize how they have played against CUSA compitition more recently.

You will never win the league as long as ASU, TROY, WKU, ULL and MTSU remain in the conference. Yes these teams are that much better than Texas St. We have built a foundation and are light years ahead of you.

Never? I doubt that. Right away? No. I think when our recruiting this year was compared to the SBC (I'm using rivals ratings so it's all relative) Texas st was near the top. While recruits don't equal quality wins (look at ND) it does mean the school is catching up.

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - Tiguar - 05-02-2012 01:28 PM

(05-02-2012 01:24 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  You will never win the league as long as ASU, TROY, WKU, ULL and MTSU remain in the conference. Yes these teams are that much better than Texas St. We have built a foundation and are light years ahead of you.
Dohohoho bookmarked

RE: Texas st presser made me sick. - GaSouthern - 05-02-2012 01:30 PM

(05-02-2012 01:24 PM)slycat Wrote:  Pretty obvious to me. But the average fan thinks that somehow we should be ahead of UTSA because we've been around longer. And that if we didn't have an idiot for AD then we would be in for sure. I don't think Anyone could have done much better

Georgia Southern, App State, and ECU fans feel your pain.