CSNbbs
Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho (/thread-567848.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - KAjunRaider - 05-01-2012 02:06 PM

Please do not let Benson bring in his Wacked buddies.

Just say NO to Idaho and NMSU. Hide your kids, hide your wives.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - KAjunRaider - 05-01-2012 02:07 PM

And I sure as hades don't have confidence that our president will vote NO on the matter.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - GaSouthern - 05-01-2012 02:10 PM

I'd hope most of the presidents have a clue about football success and know what NMSU and Idaho have NOT done in their time in the FBS. That alone should keep these two teams out of consideration, even if they were located in Mississippi.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - MTPiKapp - 05-01-2012 02:15 PM

I think I've made my feelings about NMSU perfectly clear over the last year or two. I've been yelling as loudly as I could that NMSU does not belong in this conference.

Having said that, and I cannot believe I'm about to say this, adding NMSU as much as I would hate it, is not nearly as bad a move as adding Idaho. If we added NMSU, but not Idaho, I'd be pretty upset about it, but c'est la vie, adding Idaho would be beyond moronic. There are not words to describe how stupid that would be.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - OwlFamily - 05-01-2012 02:17 PM

Both are moronic.

But you're right you could at least make a rationliaztion about NMSU being in the "SOUTH" and 'SUN"

Idaho no freaking way.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - bluephi1914 - 05-01-2012 02:25 PM

Geez guys, you are all acting as if the sky is falling. NMSU in the SBC would not be a bad thing. We will have the teams in each division to compensate for the travel. Heck, Tx State should have come in bitching and moaning because they would have to travel to FAU each season (at least as it stands now), but they didn't. Let this thing play out, you will like the finished product in the end...As for Idaho, that's too far away so no to them.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - MTPiKapp - 05-01-2012 02:29 PM

(05-01-2012 02:25 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  NMSU in the SBC would not be a bad thing.

[Image: wrong.jpg]

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - Lolly Popp - 05-01-2012 02:30 PM

(05-01-2012 02:06 PM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Please do not let Benson bring in his Wacked buddies.

Just say NO to Idaho and NMSU. Hide your kids, hide your wives.

LOL. Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husband, too, cuz Benson adding everybody out here.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - MTPiKapp - 05-01-2012 02:31 PM

(05-01-2012 02:25 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  Heck, Tx State should have come in bitching and moaning because they would have to travel to FAU each season (at least as it stands now), but they didn't.

Texas State doesn't have to join the conference if they don't like the travel, so that's a bad comparison, they're joining us and they know what they're getting into on the way in, we as a conference can decide what is and isn't too far to travel and Las Cruces is too far.

I wish NMSU well, just not in our conference.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - HuskieJohn - 05-01-2012 02:36 PM

(05-01-2012 02:25 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  Geez guys, you are all acting as if the sky is falling. NMSU in the SBC would not be a bad thing. We will have the teams in each division to compensate for the travel. Heck, Tx State should have come in bitching and moaning because they would have to travel to FAU each season (at least as it stands now), but they didn't. Let this thing play out, you will like the finished product in the end...As for Idaho, that's too far away so no to them.

+1

Do you guys who are against NM St realize that with them you are only 1 team away from 2 divisions? Then all of the East teams wouldn't have to travel to NM St (or TX St) but once every 6 football seasons.

On top of that you can then have a conference championship game which will likely be on national TV...aka you get a little more money as a conference.

I agree Idaho should not be added to the Sun Belt but NM St (in all sports) does have more of an upside WITH 12 teams/2 divisions.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - OwlFamily - 05-01-2012 02:37 PM

And if they say NMSU for Football only do you stil say its a good thing?

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - BE Tex - 05-01-2012 02:38 PM

(05-01-2012 02:29 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(05-01-2012 02:25 PM)bluephi1914 Wrote:  NMSU in the SBC would not be a bad thing.

[Image: wrong.jpg]

Having them for FB only is a possibility as they could anchor the WAC for their other sports and then add 1 other team for 12 in football to split into division and get a championship game with the addition money that brings.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - GaStPanthers - 05-01-2012 02:47 PM

I'm just saying:

EAST
- Georgia State
- Florida Atlantic
- Western Kentucky
- Middle Tennessee
- Troy
- South Alabama
- App. State/Charlotte/Georgia Southern

WEST
- Arkansas State
- Arkansas-Little Rock
- Louisiana-Monroe
- Louisiana-Lafayette
- Texas State
- Texas-Arlington
- New Mexico State

Football, could be:

EAST
- Georgia State
- Florida Atlantic
- Western Kentucky
- Middle Tennessee
- Troy
- App. State/Charlotte/Georgia Southern

WEST
- South Alabama
- Arkansas State
- Louisiana-Monroe
- Louisiana-Lafayette
- Texas State
- New Mexico State

...doesn't look that bad.

But I agree on Idaho....no way!

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - OwlFamily - 05-01-2012 02:49 PM

Thing is Football is thier WORST program.

Everyone says NMSU is a great basketball program. Well we dont get that with a Football only.

I guess we dont have to travel but once that way but I still think its a bad idea.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - BirdofParadise - 05-01-2012 03:04 PM

I really don't know why this thread exists.

There has been ABSOLUTELY NO inkling that either of these schools is on the SBC radar.

In addition, Benson said the day he was hired those two schools were outside of the geographic footprint, a statement that was reiterated on the day GSU was announced. He was asked to name the states in the SBC footprint. New Mexico and Idaho weren't part of it

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - GaSouthern - 05-01-2012 03:08 PM

Well Old Dominion and Charlotte are off of the radar as well since they are going to the C-USA per the CBS.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - indianE - 05-01-2012 03:09 PM

NMSU for all sports = not good

NMSU football only = absolutely terrible

If we're going to take them, we must get their bball program. Can we add them for bball only?

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - Eagleditka - 05-01-2012 03:15 PM

NM State would do all of us a favor if they just suspended their football program. They haven't made a bowl game since Sputnik launched. Their basketball program is the only attractive aspect of that school.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - HuskieJohn - 05-01-2012 03:18 PM

(05-01-2012 02:37 PM)OwlFamily Wrote:  And if they say NMSU for Football only do you stil say its a good thing?

Nope.

RE: Call/Email your Presidents/AD's-- Just Say No to NMSU/Idaho - HuskieJohn - 05-01-2012 03:19 PM

(05-01-2012 03:15 PM)Eagleditka Wrote:  NM State would do all of us a favor if they just suspended their football program. They haven't made a bowl game since Sputnik launched. Their basketball program is the only attractive aspect of that school.

That would be good for college football.