CSNbbs
Another look at Jax State - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Another look at Jax State (/thread-566038.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Another look at Jax State - GSU Eagles - 04-22-2012 06:39 PM

(04-22-2012 06:36 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  
(04-22-2012 06:22 PM)Hammer 22 Wrote:  I wouldn't mind having Jax State in the Sun Belt. They have a pretty good football history and they are close to two big media markets. I know they would be competitive in the Sun Belt. I also know they would be in the Sun Belt for the long term unlike UTSA and Charlotte.

Well you're in the minority here. It looks like the only folks agreeing with you are fellow Ga State fans. Everyone who's team is an established FBS program wants to avoid them.

Clearly, the thought of Ga Southern steamrolling them 55-0 in the dome is too much to bear. They will say yes to Jacksonville State, Jacksonville and Jackson State before Georgia Southern.

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-22-2012 06:42 PM

(04-22-2012 03:08 PM)TrojanCampaign Wrote:  
(04-22-2012 12:20 PM)jsualumnus Wrote:  To the contrary. I'm saying that's what they think GSU will be in the Sun Belt. I think GSU will have a fine program in the next few years and will take recruits away from JSU, Troy, Tech, Ga Southern. I like what you guys are doing there. No issues with me on GSU... Trust me...they believe we would be a whipping boy as well.

That all depends on how they schedule. I would like to see them schedule easy the first few seasons.

Me too... Wish we kept playing though, as we all enjoyed the fans they brought. One serious problem we have is that OVC schools don't bring too many fans into J'ville. I know that has been said about JSU as an issue if in FBS... All depends on the game times for Alabama and Auburn...sux...

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-22-2012 06:50 PM

(04-22-2012 06:22 PM)Hammer 22 Wrote:  I wouldn't mind having Jax State in the Sun Belt. They have a pretty good football history and they are close to two big media markets. I know they would be competitive in the Sun Belt. I also know they would be in the Sun Belt for the long term unlike UTSA and Charlotte.

Well you're in the minority here. It looks like the only folks agreeing with you are fellow Ga State fans. Everyone who's team is an established FBS program agrees that there are several programs ahead of Jax State in the pecking order.

Ok...I agree with you here...there are teams that are more desirable for the SBC. But, according to Collegiate Consulting, the SBC would be interested if facility upgrades were made. Like Troy, JSU has a history of winning, and the SBC liked that. Many of our teams have won plenty of OVC titles, and the study also captured the possibility of that success continuing on...not necessarily for the SBC, but in general...

RE: Another look at Jax State - Burn the Horse - 04-22-2012 07:17 PM

the biggest obstacle for JSU aside from the fact yall are low on our list of candidates, is that adding yall would put three programs in the same State and six FBS teams here. I just don't see that happening.

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-22-2012 07:19 PM

(04-22-2012 07:17 PM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  the biggest obstacle for JSU aside from the fact yall are low on our list of candidates, is that adding yall would put three programs in the same State and six FBS teams here. I just don't see that happening.

Fair point, as you've stated before...but that's why Alabama is superior as a football state.

RE: Another look at Jax State - Burn the Horse - 04-22-2012 07:22 PM

I actually don't have any hate for JSU, my negativity toward yall is purely for fun. UAB on the other hand, I really do hate them.

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-22-2012 07:25 PM

Drinking a beer in honor of you...

RE: Another look at Jax State - Burn the Horse - 04-22-2012 07:56 PM

(04-22-2012 07:25 PM)jsualumnus Wrote:  Drinking a beer in honor of you...

thank you good sir.

RE: Another look at Jax State - TrojanCampaign - 04-22-2012 08:42 PM

I don't wish doom for Jax either. I honestly hope you guys move up one day so we can beat you and it won't be just an FCS team. But there is simply no scenario under which you guys would be invited right now, and hypothetical ones would involve the Sun Belt losing like five teams. And conference USA would just be hurting themselves doing that because it would cause us to move up tons of teams and further dilute the limited talent for non AQ teams.

RE: Another look at Jax State - GaStPanthers - 04-22-2012 09:47 PM

The student section at the Clark-Atlanta game:
[Image: 324985_10150319490364238_500299237_7704202_252280_o.jpg]

Note: Your video was at kickoff and only showed the visitor's side of the field.

RE: Another look at Jax State - panama - 04-22-2012 09:55 PM

(04-22-2012 06:39 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  

Well you're in the minority here. It looks like the only folks agreeing with you are fellow Ga State fans. Everyone who's team is an established FBS program wants to avoid them.

Clearly, the thought of Ga Southern steamrolling them 55-0 in the dome is too much to bear. They will say yes to Jacksonville State, Jacksonville and Jackson State before Georgia Southern.

You made your bed now pipe down and lay in it. GaSo is annoyance not a rival. You guys have had no less than 5 active smack threads about us for 3 years at any given time. The only time you come up on Panther Talk is when you invariably come over with your crap threads. I am anxious to get this round of realignment over so we do not have to deal with you anymore. Enough!

RE: Another look at Jax State - Burn the Horse - 04-22-2012 10:07 PM

I LOVE this post by Big_Fan:

Quote: "The whole "no to JSU" dialog within the Sunbelt is really laughable. JSU brings a lot more to the table than Troy. If anything, they should want to kick Troy out and add us if coexistence isn't possible."

03-lmfao throw out the 5-time Conference champs for an FCS wannabe. NIIIICE.

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-22-2012 10:10 PM

There is no doubt that there would have to be shifting in order for us to move up right now, but I seriously think we will stay put until:

1. An FCS championship
2. Needed facilities are updates
3. Massive change in conference shifting
4. All the above

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-22-2012 10:16 PM

C'mon...FCS wannabe? ...just as I was downing another beer...

RE: Another look at Jax State - Tiguar - 04-22-2012 10:18 PM

I seriously hope no one's administration is seriously contemplating a possible FCS championship as a reason to avoid running through the rapidly closing FBS door.

RE: Another look at Jax State - Burn the Horse - 04-22-2012 10:20 PM

(04-22-2012 10:16 PM)jsualumnus Wrote:  C'mon...FCS wannabe? ...just as I was downing another beer...

you didn't expect me to take that comment with some sugar and spice did ya? 03-thumbsup

Ol' Big_Fan can't honestly believe that the Sun Belt would kick out one of the two most successful football program in Conference history for an FCS team does he? Really?

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-22-2012 10:32 PM

Nah...he's a good guy and makes valid points, but he's a former player from the D2 days.

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-22-2012 10:35 PM

(04-22-2012 10:18 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  I seriously hope no one's administration is seriously contemplating a possible FCS championship as a reason to avoid running through the rapidly closing FBS door.

No...JSU would move way before that given the circumstances we face with acquisition, but I listed as I know they want a championship on a national level...kind of a feature to the benefit.

RE: Another look at Jax State - dahbeed - 04-23-2012 08:12 AM

(04-19-2012 12:57 PM)jsualumnus Wrote:  One more thing...there have been some really nice comments on here about Jax State, so thank you to those who believe we would add something to the Sun Belt. We really don't know what the time table is for us to do anything, or make a move, but we are trying to update the facilities before we make a major push. The stadium is very nice and seats over 24,000 + the suites, but it is very true that our basketball arena is the equivalent of playing in a high school gynamsium. The arena thing has to be addressed and will be soon. The baseball complex just needs stadium seating, new scoreboard, and concessions and it will be good.

Jacksonville is halfway between the Atlanta and Birmingham markets. The avg attendance is over 17k and ranks #12 in FCS, and the University enrollment is probably lower than most in the Sun Belt, not sure, but the consulting firm that worked with JSU's search committee personally told me that the Sun Belt likes JSU and that JSU was on track in making upgrades to their facilities...he did not say that there was an offer coming and also said that JSU does need to make a point to have a direct vision for the Sun Belt...

god almighty i hadn't been on this board lately and really don't feel like getting in the middle of 2 crosseyed bucktoofed forest gumps pushing each other in the chest arguin' about who's daddy can whoop who but this defense of the baseball complex had me doin' an aziz ansari......WHAAAAAAATTTTTT??????

heyzeus in a tiny clown car.....all it needs is stadium seating, a scoreboard and concessions???? do ya'll just brown-bag your own hot dogs and milwaulkee's best? sit in lawn chairs??? and i don't mean the fold up in a bag lawn chair.....i'm picturing the square woven ones. (not gonna lie....i'm seein' overalls and no shoes as well)

RE: Another look at Jax State - jsualumnus - 04-23-2012 10:39 AM

(04-23-2012 08:12 AM)dahbeed Wrote:  
(04-19-2012 12:57 PM)jsualumnus Wrote:  One more thing...there have been some really nice comments on here about Jax State, so thank you to those who believe we would add something to the Sun Belt. We really don't know what the time table is for us to do anything, or make a move, but we are trying to update the facilities before we make a major push. The stadium is very nice and seats over 24,000 + the suites, but it is very true that our basketball arena is the equivalent of playing in a high school gynamsium. The arena thing has to be addressed and will be soon. The baseball complex just needs stadium seating, new scoreboard, and concessions and it will be good.

Jacksonville is halfway between the Atlanta and Birmingham markets. The avg attendance is over 17k and ranks #12 in FCS, and the University enrollment is probably lower than most in the Sun Belt, not sure, but the consulting firm that worked with JSU's search committee personally told me that the Sun Belt likes JSU and that JSU was on track in making upgrades to their facilities...he did not say that there was an offer coming and also said that JSU does need to make a point to have a direct vision for the Sun Belt...

god almighty i hadn't been on this board lately and really don't feel like getting in the middle of 2 crosseyed bucktoofed forest gumps pushing each other in the chest arguin' about who's daddy can whoop who but this defense of the baseball complex had me doin' an aziz ansari......WHAAAAAAATTTTTT??????

heyzeus in a tiny clown car.....all it needs is stadium seating, a scoreboard and concessions???? do ya'll just brown-bag your own hot dogs and milwaulkee's best? sit in lawn chairs??? and i don't mean the fold up in a bag lawn chair.....i'm picturing the square woven ones. (not gonna lie....i'm seein' overalls and no shoes as well)

First of all, your diction and grammar suck so don't come at me with the "heyzeus in a tiny clown car" comment... What you were trying to be was funny, but it failed. Well, if I take the bias out of it then I can see where you were trying to be funny. I think any other person reading that comment would have been able to conclude that stadium seating would be desired (above bench seating), a video scoreboard would be nice to have (better than the scoreboard they currently have), and bigger concessions (bigger than the concession stand they now). Now that you understand that you can turn your e-machine off and go back waiting for the beep on the fry line.

Here's how I can tell you are 1 of two forms of spermazoa (from your self proclaimed scripture)...
1. You said, "bucktoofed".... expert in ebonics, anyone?
2. Your user name is, Dahbeed???... are you a terrorist?

WKU...seriously? You guys have a big red tit as your mascot. I bet he's in your fantasies...

In all reality, I think your post was good natured, but go back to my mascot comment and tell me who's in BFE...