CSNbbs
Houston Men’s Basketball Guard Jonathon Simmons to Declare for NBA Draft - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: Houston (/forum-445.html)
+----- Thread: Houston Men’s Basketball Guard Jonathon Simmons to Declare for NBA Draft (/thread-565546.html)

Houston Men’s Basketball Guard Jonathon Simmons to Declare for NBA Draft - HoustonCougarNation - 04-12-2012 02:01 PM

University of Houston Athletics Communications Office
For Immediate Release: April 12, 2012

Houston Men’s Basketball Guard Jonathon Simmons to Declare for NBA Draft
Junior led Cougars in 2011-12, ranked among C-USA top-10 leaders with 14.7 points per game

HOUSTON – University of Houston junior guard Jonathon Simmons has elected to make himself available for the 2012 National Basketball Association Draft and intends to sign with an agent.

“I learned a lot coming to the University of Houston, and I appreciate the support of the coaching staff and my teammates this year,” Simmons said. “This was a hard and life-changing decision, but I want to provide for my family. I believe I amgood enough to compete at the next level.”

Simmonscompeted in all 30 games in 2011-12. The Houston native and Smiley High product led the Cougars and ranked eighth in Conference USA with 14.7 points per game. He posted a career-high 28 points in the Cougars’ win against NCAA Tournament participant Southern Miss, one of his team-leading eight 20-point games that season.

“We wish Jonathon the best as he embarks on his professional career,” head coach James Dickey said. “He was a valuable offensive leader for us and gave Cougar fans many exciting memories from his time on the court. We thank Jonathon for all his contributions to our team in 2011-12.”

The 2012 NBA Draft will be held June 28 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.