CSNbbs
Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? (/thread-512718.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - MT FAN - 09-07-2011 02:08 PM

MT vs Georgia Tech - A close by AQ team.

WKU vs Navy - The service academies always draw a large crowd.

NT vs Houston - Opening a new stadium and playing an in state rival.

Arkansas State vs Memphis - Close rivals only about an hour apart.

ULM vs Grambling State - In state matchup.

Needless to say it should be a good week in the Sun Belt attendance wise.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - troy4ever21 - 09-07-2011 02:13 PM

They should all be highly attended games, which is great for the Sun Belt. I think the highest will be MT and NT not far behind.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - Tuffguy21 - 09-07-2011 02:19 PM

(09-07-2011 02:13 PM)troy4ever21 Wrote:  They should all be highly attended games, which is great for the Sun Belt. I think the highest will be MT and NT not far behind.

Don't underestimate ULM's attendance this weekend, last time they played grambling, 30,000+ showed up, granted, their boosted a lot by the grambling fans, but I think they could have the best attendance. I think MT will be good, man, its hard to say, all these games will have REALLY good attendance figures.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - FIUFan - 09-07-2011 02:20 PM

Who has the largest stadium. 04-cheers

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - troy4ever21 - 09-07-2011 02:22 PM

(09-07-2011 02:19 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  
(09-07-2011 02:13 PM)troy4ever21 Wrote:  They should all be highly attended games, which is great for the Sun Belt. I think the highest will be MT and NT not far behind.

Don't underestimate ULM's attendance this weekend, last time they played grambling, 30,000+ showed up, granted, their boosted a lot by the grambling fans, but I think they could have the best attendance. I think MT will be good, man, its hard to say, all these games will have REALLY good attendance figures.

I did have ULM behind MT in attendance at first, but I figured NT would have a near sellout since its the first game in the new stadium.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - MG61 - 09-07-2011 02:25 PM

I'd like to see ALL be sellouts 02-13-banana

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - InjunJohn - 09-07-2011 02:29 PM

Big named team coming in for MT. Opening the new stadium for NT. No matter where (other than home) Grambling games have big turnout.

I voted for ULM Grambling due to the 2007 game. May have lost some luster because it already happened but Doug Williams is back and the band always draws.

Hard to compete with a new stadium and NT. Wonder if last weeks bad loss to FIU hurts.

I actually think MT comes in third here but should be very good attendance for all.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - Mean Green Matt - 09-07-2011 02:37 PM

The loss to FIU last week is not hurting ticket sales, and the game will sell out, so that puts us (with standing room) probably a little over 31k.

WKU does not have a big enough stadium to compete with that.

I'm sure ULM will get close to 30k, if not over, but a sell-out at Malone would produce a smaller number than at NT.

I think ASU and MT both have a good chance of selling out and both are within the 1k-2k larger range than NT, so they could top us.

I think ASU has the best shot at beating NT in attendance this weekend, but it will probably be close.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - TeKERaider - 09-07-2011 02:39 PM

Even better is they will all be true home games. Which means people will be getting exposed to our campuses and stadiums, so they can really sample our product. Which I think is better than outside perception.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - Fanof49ASU - 09-07-2011 02:39 PM

I guarantee you, stAte will win this one.

Ugh.....just noticed UNT is opening at home.....it's gonna be real close.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - TeKERaider - 09-07-2011 02:41 PM

Also barring bad weather, I think the top three will all be at 30000 +/- 2000 and I don't think the belt has ever had a weekend like that.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - InjunJohn - 09-07-2011 02:43 PM

So we are looking at four teams at the 28-30K range for attendance....that would be nice.

Article in the Newsstar today with Doug Williams complaining that his players aren't getting comp tickets for their parents/family. He should be complaining to his administration. Grambling is getting $100K and got 7500 tickets to do with as they pleased (sell, comp, etc). Could be a nice payday for Grambling but looks as if they are short changing their players.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - TeKERaider - 09-07-2011 02:47 PM

(09-07-2011 02:39 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  I guarantee you, stAte will win this one.

Ugh.....just noticed UNT is opening at home.....it's gonna be real close.

I'll be your huckleberry. MT vs ASU attendence this weekend. At the MT/ASU loser buys the winner the 6 pack of their choice to tailgate with or if you prefer(should I lose)I have the open air box right above the visitors section so I'll have cold ones for you in there. 05-stirthepot

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - Fanof49ASU - 09-07-2011 02:55 PM

(09-07-2011 02:47 PM)TeKERaider Wrote:  I'll be your huckleberry. MT vs ASU attendence this weekend. At the MT/ASU loser buys the winner the 6 pack of their choice to tailgate with or if you prefer(should I lose)I have the open air box right above the visitors section so I'll have cold ones for you in there. 05-stirthepot

LOL....I don't drink or gamble....but....let me think on it.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - FIU4Ever - 09-07-2011 02:58 PM

UNT should top the attendance this week since they did the heavy lifting promotion and sales wise already. MTSU after last week's performance and thoughts of another shot at taking down an AQ should be well attended as well.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - Tuffguy21 - 09-07-2011 03:10 PM

Man, the more I think about it, this week has the potential to be the biggest in SBC history to this point. We could have 4 or 5 games of 28k plus, all against OOC competition, and if we turn the home field advantage into wins, we really could have the weekend we've needed to change the perception of this conference. I cant wait for Saturday to get here!

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - MTPiKapp - 09-07-2011 03:12 PM

I dare say this will be the best attended home weekend in conference history.

I fully expect MT's attendance record(28,105) to be broken this weekend, what are the attendance records at stAte, UNT and ULM?

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - InjunJohn - 09-07-2011 03:17 PM

(09-07-2011 03:12 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  I dare say this will be the best attended home weekend in conference history.

I fully expect MT's attendance record(28,105) to be broken this weekend, what are the attendance records at stAte, UNT and ULM?

ULM/Grambling 2007 30,100

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - LouisianaHawkFan - 09-07-2011 03:19 PM

(09-07-2011 03:12 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  I dare say this will be the best attended home weekend in conference history.

ULM's Malone Stadium record crowd of 30,101 was reached on Nov. 20, 2007 against Grambling State.

RE: Who has the largest attendance this weekend? - Mean Green Matt - 09-07-2011 03:23 PM

NT attendance record is 29,437 set back in 2003 against Baylor.