CSNbbs
TriCaster Technology allows a Digital Conference Network for everyone - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: TriCaster Technology allows a Digital Conference Network for everyone (/thread-503990.html)

TriCaster Technology allows a Digital Conference Network for everyone - Tallgrass - 07-19-2011 06:46 AM

Play the Featured Video which is long, about 15 plus minutes. But, at the five minute and a half mark, you will see exactly how easy it is to do a telecast.

Sending camera persons, announcers, paying for their food and hotels, and sending a tv truck...that is horse and buggy technology. All of this nonsensical garbage and waste replaced by the TriCaster, about the size of a home computer.

TRICASTER TECHNOLOGY

CUSA is launching its Digital TV Network and its first test proved promising. No reason why SBC shouldn't do the same.

CUSA DIGITAL TV NETWORK

AggieVision is a proven path to success for a school like New Mexico State. If NMSU can do it, we all can do it!!!

AGGIEVISION

RE: TriCaster Technology allows a Digital Conference Network for everyone - Side Show Joe - 07-19-2011 09:17 AM

Very interesting. I hope our AD at North Texas is researching this, and developing a plan to take advantage of this new technology.

With this technology, any fan with internet, a laptop, newer t.v., and a HDMI cable, could watch a Sun Belt broadcast on their living room t.v. from their couch. Just like watching a regular t.v. channel.

This technology must scare the crap out of ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, Comcast, NBC Sports, and the big 6 AQ conferences. The internet has already increased the exposure and given voices and networking to non AQ programs and conferences, through blog sites like this. This technology would allow for every program to enjoy global broadcasts for its fanbase.

Thanks for posting this, Tallgrass.

RE: TriCaster Technology allows a Digital Conference Network for everyone - dchi72 - 07-19-2011 01:20 PM

Actually they do a lot of work with ESPN including webcasting several of thier events.

Newtek is already working the X-games, NBA all star game, NHL all star game, Miss Universe, and a host of other national events.

The big boys know who they are.

RE: TriCaster Technology allows a Digital Conference Network for everyone - Tallgrass - 07-20-2011 04:03 PM

When I first encountered all this, the Memphis/Rice baseball game was the test...I played that video first. Then, the TriCaster link was made available and I played that video. Then, on the third effort, I went back to the Memphis/Rice baseball game test and replayed the video....playing it for the second time so I could see all the TriCaster gimmicks, with the TriCaster technology now known, one can gain a first hand perspective of the quality of the broadcast done with so simple a technology.

RE: TriCaster Technology allows a Digital Conference Network for everyone - Tallgrass - 07-20-2011 04:03 PM

When I first encountered all this, the Memphis/Rice baseball game was the test...I played that video first. Then, the TriCaster link was made available and I played that video. Then, on the third effort, I went back to the Memphis/Rice baseball game test and replayed the video....playing it for the second time so I could see all the TriCaster gimmicks, with the TriCaster technology now known, one can gain a first hand perspective of the quality of the broadcast done with so simple a technology.