CSNbbs
Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof (/thread-501773.html)

Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - THE NC Herd Fan - 06-27-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:As you may remember, Gardiner is a clueless gardener who is mistaken for a Washington eminence and becomes a presidential adviser. Asked if you can stimulate growth through temporary incentives, Gardiner says, "As long as the roots are not severed, all is well and all will be well in the garden."

"First comes the spring and summer," he explains, "but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again." The president is awed as Gardiner sums up, "There will be growth in the spring."

Sure sounds like Barry...

The Summer of Growth

Funny read, sad, but true about our POTUS.

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - Owl 69/70/75 - 06-27-2011 05:36 PM

I've been calling him Chance the Gardner since fall 2007. That's still whom he reminds me of.

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - Mr. Peanut - 06-27-2011 07:13 PM

He was editor of the Harvard Law Review... come on guys

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - THE NC Herd Fan - 06-27-2011 07:21 PM

(06-27-2011 07:13 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  He was editor of the Harvard Law Review... come on guys

And that qualifies him to be POTUS... HOW? We are talking about a guy who voted present 130 times, not exactly a man of political conviction or courage. He shows little involvement in most major political decisions.

Quote:Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Elmendorf was asked last week if the CBO had prepared estimates of this budget. "We don't estimate speeches," Elmendorf, a Democrat, explained. "We need much more specificity than was provided in that speech for us to do our analysis."

I guess we would have to pass Obama's budget to find out what's in it. 01-wingedeagle

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - Mr. Peanut - 06-27-2011 07:31 PM

(06-27-2011 07:21 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  [quote='Mr. Peanut' pid='6606387' dateline='1309219993']
He was editor of the Harvard Law Review... come on guys

And that qualifies him to be POTUS... HOW? We are talking about a guy who voted present 130 times, not exactly a man of political conviction or courage. He shows little involvement in most major political decisions.
[quote]
I've trashed his leadership many times but he hardly reminds me of Chance the Gardener.

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - SumOfAllFears - 06-27-2011 08:20 PM

The budget is even aloof. huh, simpletom...

Obabba Wrote:.....speaking in April at George Washington University, Obama said he was presenting a new budget with $4 trillion in long-term spending cuts. But there were no specifics.

"We don't estimate speeches," Elmendorf, a Democrat, explained. "We need much more specificity than was provided in that speech for us to do our analysis." Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Elmendorf....

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - Redwingtom - 06-28-2011 01:02 PM

(06-27-2011 07:21 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  We are talking about a guy who voted present 130 times, not exactly a man of political conviction or courage.

3% and Illinois politics.

Please for the love of God do some research and try and understand this instead of continually pushing this ridiculous talking point like another poster on here, thanks!

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - SumOfAllFears - 06-28-2011 01:06 PM

(06-28-2011 01:02 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(06-27-2011 07:21 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  We are talking about a guy who voted present 130 times, not exactly a man of political conviction or courage.

3% and Illinois politics.

Please for the love of God do some research and try and understand this instead of continually pushing this ridiculous talking point like another poster on here, thanks!

Present

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - miko33 - 06-28-2011 01:12 PM

(06-27-2011 07:13 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  He was editor of the Harvard Law Review... come on guys

I wish progressives would judge Obama's intelligence with the same criteria that was used to judge Bush. From what little we know of Obama, it appears he may very well not be very bright.
  • He is a great orator when he uses the teleprompter. Without the aid of the teleprompter, he can barely string 2 sentances together.
  • There is such a wide disparity between the writing styles of "Dreams from my Father" and "Audacity of Hope" that it is clear that two people wrote those books. "Audacity.." looks like it was written by a simpleton while "Dreams..." is eloquent.
  • Fifty seven states? C'mon, no one in this forum ever confused the number of states we have in our country no matter how tired we were.
  • Why won't he release his transcripts? Other candidates did when they ran for office but not Obama. Is he afraid to let the world know that a 'C' student is running the country?

Sure, the evidence is circumstantial, but so was the "evidence" about Bush. I only wish people would be consistent about their beliefs and opinions.

RE: Obama Is Profoundly Aloof - Redwingtom - 06-28-2011 03:00 PM

Dude, you are quickly becoming a laughing stock with these continual mind-numbing talking points and whack-job conspiracy theories.

And for the record, I never thought of Bush as dumb. I think he surrounded himself with too many Dick Cheney types who led him astray. And Obama has been guilty of many of the same things as well!