CSNbbs
Hot Seat Rating for Coaches in the SBC (CBSsports) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Hot Seat Rating for Coaches in the SBC (CBSsports) (/thread-501666.html)

Hot Seat Rating for Coaches in the SBC (CBSsports) - tyler90wm - 06-26-2011 02:50 PM

Hot Seat Key Rating
Rating------What It Means
0-0.5----------Don't even think it -- can't be touched
1-1.5----------Very safe -- change highly unlikely
2-2.5----------Safe -- solid position
3-3.5----------On the bubble -- you never know
4-4.5----------Warm seat -- feeling the pressure
5---------------On the hot seat -- it's time to win now

Arkansas State (Hugh Freeze) 1.5

Florida Atlantic (Howard Schnellenberger) 2.5

Florida International (Mario Cristobal) 0.5

Louisiana-Lafayette (Mark Hudspeth) 1.5

Louisiana-Monroe (Todd Berry) 1.0

Middle Tennessee (Rick Stockstill) 2.0

North Texas (Dan McCarney) 0.5

Troy (Larry Blakeney) 0.0

Western Kentucky (Willie Taggart) 2.0

LINK

RE: Hot Seat Rating for Coaches in the SBC (CBSsports) - westcoastwolf - 06-26-2011 07:34 PM

I like how three first-year coaches range from .5 to 1.5 on the hot seat list for the Belt. Makes no sense.

RE: Hot Seat Rating for Coaches in the SBC (CBSsports) - Tuffguy21 - 06-26-2011 08:44 PM

(06-26-2011 07:34 PM)westcoastwolf Wrote:  I like how three first-year coaches range from .5 to 1.5 on the hot seat list for the Belt. Makes no sense.

I don't understand that actually, Freeze and Hudspeth probably have the least amount of expectations mounted on their shoulders. McCarthy is a former BCS head coach heading to a school that has decent expectations. I'd think if all 3 coaches go like 1-11 or 2-10, I'd say McCarthy would have the most people jumping off his bandwagon, Freeze next, but not much ahead of Hud, only because he isn't COMPLETELY rebuilding, he was with the team last year, and I think Hud could have a bad season without too many people turning on him because most people have UL projected so low that most fans would rationalize it as a rebuilding thing, although most all Cajun fans have big expectations for next season. With that said, ALL will be at a 5 if they don't produce some sort of positives by next season, on the flip side, I hope all are at a 0 next season.

RE: Hot Seat Rating for Coaches in the SBC (CBSsports) - westcoastwolf - 06-26-2011 09:42 PM

I guess Freeze has a bit more accountability in his first year:

1. Returning a pretty deep defense that can only improve with the addition of a notable SEC coordinator.
2. All key skill positions and an even deeper RB and WR corp
3. 2nd year running the offense
4. A favorable OOC and home schedule
5. The only looming potential Achillees' heel is the OL

RE: Hot Seat Rating for Coaches in the SBC (CBSsports) - Adler - 06-26-2011 10:36 PM

(06-26-2011 08:44 PM)Tuffguy21 Wrote:  McCarthy is a former BCS head coach heading to a school that has decent expectations. I'd think if all 3 coaches go like 1-11 or 2-10, I'd say McCarthy would have the most people jumping off his bandwagon.

Senator Joseph McCarthy? He's been dead for over 50 years.

There are very few people that are privileged to coach postmortem and I believe that Florida Atlantic had to obtain a special exemption from the NCAA for Bob Keeshan.

RE: Hot Seat Rating for Coaches in the SBC (CBSsports) - pilot172000 - 06-27-2011 07:41 AM

I think Howard Schnellenberger should have retired 3 years ago. Yes he did a lot for the school but a good hire would put FAU at the top in the SBC.