CSNbbs
SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected (/thread-501487.html)

SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected - TodgeRodge - 06-24-2011 12:22 PM

http://www.southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/the-nations-first-super-conference

wow who saw this coming......if the Big East loses two football powers they will be looking to take at least two to replace and what if they took 5 04-jawdrop

I am not sure who else CUSA would go after, but they would probably come out of the pool of the potential SWACBelt candidates

RE: SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected - arkstfan - 06-24-2011 01:24 PM

(06-24-2011 12:22 PM)TodgeRodge Wrote:  http://www.southernpigskin.com/ACC/view/the-nations-first-super-conference

wow who saw this coming......if the Big East loses two football powers they will be looking to take at least two to replace and what if they took 5 04-jawdrop

I am not sure who else CUSA would go after, but they would probably come out of the pool of the potential SWACBelt candidates

DAMN I HATE SUMMER!

The ACC signed a new TV deal last July that doesn't expire until 2022 and pays 30% more than the ACC EXPECTED to receive on the deal.

Remember that ESPN threatened to not increase the SEC TV contract if they took OU and TAMU because they wanted to keep the status quo relatively intact. Remember ESPN beefed up payments to a Big XII that no longer includes Nebraska and Colorado because they want to keep status quo relatively intact.

ACC is not going to get any help from TV to expand and even if they did it would be very unlikely that TV would pay an additional $13 million per team, per year, for the addition of new teams from the Big East and that is just the dollar figure to keep the ACC from losing money.

RE: SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected - arkstfan - 06-24-2011 01:26 PM

Sad thing about that piece?

The only sourcing is a piece written by the same web site clearly labled as nothing but speculation.

RE: SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected - BlueRaiderFan. - 06-24-2011 01:56 PM

I want to SWAC the hell out of you for starting these threads.

RE: SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected - MTPiKapp - 06-24-2011 02:07 PM

I'm just trying to figure out how still never is sooner than never...

RE: SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected - SpaceRaider - 06-24-2011 07:01 PM

(06-24-2011 01:56 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  I want to SWAC the hell out of you for starting these threads.

I have a suggestion...any thread with the originating post having 'swacbelt' in the title or text be exiled to the smack board...

RE: SWACBelt could happen sooner than expected - BlueRaiderFan. - 06-24-2011 07:31 PM

(06-24-2011 07:01 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  
(06-24-2011 01:56 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  I want to SWAC the hell out of you for starting these threads.

I have a suggestion...any thread with the originating post having 'swacbelt' in the title or text be exiled to the smack board...

+1