CSNbbs
FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own (/thread-501420.html)

FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - TroyFootball05 - 06-23-2011 08:18 PM

Just curious, if you could own some full length games on VHS/DVD/BLURAY, which ones would they be? For me, I'd choose:

Bighouse Beatdown - Appalachian State at Michigan, 2007.
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl - Boise State vs Oklahoma, 2007.
NFC Championship Game - Saints vs Vikings, 2010.
Troy vs Oklahoma State, 2007.
Middle Tennessee vs Southern Miss, 2009.

I'm a huge fan of the underdog, and every time I see a game on TV with two teams I'm not a fan of, I root for the that underdog to beat some ass. And when I have kids, I want them to know that they can overcome seemingly insurmountable odds if they have faith enough.

While MTSU is our biggest rival, that was a really fun game to watch.

WATCH: Tostitos Fiesta Bowl, 2007
WATCH: Allstate Sugar Bowl, 2009

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - Curtzilla - 06-23-2011 09:33 PM

add Baylor @ North Texas, 2003. A classic beatdown in every sense of the word. Even big 'ol Booger scored a TD

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - westcoastwolf - 06-23-2011 10:00 PM

While I'd love to have many ASU games, I only need one video to remind me why I love my team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6B5kDHwC0

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - Fanof49ASU - 06-23-2011 10:48 PM

(06-23-2011 10:00 PM)westcoastwolf Wrote:  While I'd love to have many ASU games, I only need one video to remind me why I love my team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy6B5kDHwC0

I love beating those Tiggers! Though, it was much more fun when we were 1-AA and they were 1-A.

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - troy4ever21 - 06-23-2011 11:47 PM

Troy vs. Bowling Green (2010)
Start at around 6:00 minutes and watch it to the end. That was an intense game and the crowd reactions are amazing!

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - NCowl - 06-24-2011 07:15 AM

07 FAU Beat Troy at Troy!!!

02-13-banana

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - WinstonTheWolf - 06-24-2011 08:23 AM

I'd love to see video of the 30-13 beat down of La Tech @ Ruston in 1975 to clinch an undefeated season in stAte's first year in D1.

That team allowed 7.4 points per game and let the nation in rushing offense.

11-0 and nowhere to go!

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - SOT1977 - 06-24-2011 08:34 AM

You know this was coming: ULM 21, Alabama 14

And I do own a video of this game! If ULM was wearing purple and gold this game would have been considered a classic. The entire fourth quarter was edge-of-the-seat excitement for both sides. ULM kicking out of its own end zone twice with 92,000 people yelling at our punter was awesome. Then the Warhawks defense holding the Tide twice on fourth down on potential game-tying drives in the last 4-5 minutes of the game totally shut down the Alabama fans. The lowest paid coach in the country beats the highest paid coach. Lovely, just lovely.

After that, if the video existed:
ULM 14, 20th ranked Richmond 8 (1973)
ULM 44, La Tech 7 (1987 in Ruston)

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - tyler90wm - 06-24-2011 02:31 PM

(06-24-2011 08:34 AM)SOT1977 Wrote:  You know this was coming: ULM 21, Alabama 14

And I do own a video of this game! If ULM was wearing purple and gold this game would have been considered a classic. The entire fourth quarter was edge-of-the-seat excitement for both sides. ULM kicking out of its own end zone twice with 92,000 people yelling at our punter was awesome. Then the Warhawks defense holding the Tide twice on fourth down on potential game-tying drives in the last 4-5 minutes of the game totally shut down the Alabama fans. The lowest paid coach in the country beats the highest paid coach. Lovely, just lovely.

Here's the 4th quarter of that game.

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - chiefsfan - 06-25-2011 07:48 PM

(06-24-2011 08:34 AM)SOT1977 Wrote:  You know this was coming: ULM 21, Alabama 14

To be fair here, that game was a great game for ULM. Im not sure any Alabama fans would qualify it as "exciting" If they are anything like A&M fans when we beat them.,..they spent most of the game pondering ways to fire their head coach and pull the scholarships off half the players.

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - chiefsfan - 06-25-2011 08:08 PM

My list

ASU vs Memphis 2007 This was a classic game. Especially in that it was the first ever college football game ive ever see Postponed because of weather. We had to play a makeup on a Thursday night. 28,000 people showed up at ASU stadium, and watched us come back from a 3 TD+ halftime deficit to win.

ASU vs Texas A&M 2008 It was Mike Sherman's first ever game as A&M head coach. Fans were giddy down there with excitement of what he would bring to the program. And he has brought alot to the program...he'd just rather forget that first game.

Southern California vs Arkansas 2005 Otherwise known to ASU fans as the USC just scored again game. Im pretty sure this game has now never happened thanks to NCAA violations. But a really cocky group of Razorback fans actually thought they'd have a chance at this one. Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart hung 73 up on them in a game televised throughout the state.

App State vs Michigan Though I want the App state radio broadcast with the video...just to hear the reaction of the 2 hillbillies doing their radio feed after the final blocked kick.

Miami vs Ohio State NC Game. Game went 2 overtimes and truly was one of the great games to watch, from start to finish.

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - BlueRaiderFan. - 06-25-2011 08:14 PM

MT vs USM for me because I would love to watch it again. Appy St is a good one though. I was in Ontonagon, Michigan for that game and when it was over my father in law asked me "Who in the hell is Appalachian State." I told him "Just a little school in the mountains." 03-lmfao

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - Geaux Cajuns - 06-25-2011 09:17 PM

(06-25-2011 08:08 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  My list

ASU vs Memphis 2007 This was a classic game. Especially in that it was the first ever college football game ive ever see Postponed because of weather. We had to play a makeup on a Thursday night. 28,000 people showed up at ASU stadium, and watched us come back from a 3 TD+ halftime deficit to win.

ASU vs Texas A&M 2008 It was Mike Sherman's first ever game as A&M head coach. Fans were giddy down there with excitement of what he would bring to the program. And he has brought alot to the program...he'd just rather forget that first game.

Southern California vs Arkansas 2005 Otherwise known to ASU fans as the USC just scored again game. Im pretty sure this game has now never happened thanks to NCAA violations. But a really cocky group of Razorback fans actually thought they'd have a chance at this one. Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart hung 73 up on them in a game televised throughout the state.

App State vs Michigan Though I want the App state radio broadcast with the video...just to hear the reaction of the 2 hillbillies doing their radio feed after the final blocked kick.

Miami vs Ohio State NC Game. Game went 2 overtimes and truly was one of the great games to watch, from start to finish.
Had college football had replay back then OSU would have lost the title game.

RE: FB - Football Games You'd Love To Own - Burn the Horse - 06-25-2011 09:21 PM

I'd like a copy of the last 5 minutes of the Miracle in Murphreesburo.