CSNbbs
Say it ain't so Herman - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Say it ain't so Herman (/thread-499915.html)

Pages: 1 2

Say it ain't so Herman - nomad2u2001 - 06-08-2011 10:26 PM

Please tell me this isn't his real answer.

Herman Cain seems to think that the major reason that black America doesn't want to come out to tea party rallies is the fact that he doesn't believe that there are enough black people that can afford it.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Fo Shizzle - 06-08-2011 10:42 PM

He was asked why there were not blacks at Tea party Rallies....He gave an honest personal opinion and IMO it holds water. This is not like Palin and he tried to BS his way around the question he was asked. HC is not a politician. I fully expect him to 05-stirthepot with some of his comments. I do however hope he continues to speak frankly and honestly. His comments here were both frank...and...honest. Tough Sh!t if some folks don't like them.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - wild bill - 06-08-2011 10:44 PM

That makes sense to me, good answer.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - nomad2u2001 - 06-08-2011 10:55 PM

(06-08-2011 10:42 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  He was asked why there were not blacks at Tea party Rallies....He gave an honest personal opinion and IMO it holds water. This is not like Palin and he tried to BS his way around the question he was asked. HC is not a politician. I fully expect him to 05-stirthepot with some of his comments. I do however hope he continues to speak frankly and honestly. His comments here were both frank...and...honest. Tough Sh!t if some folks don't like them.

I don't blame him for his opinion, it just makes me feel that he's insulated himself enough to form that opinion. That's not to say that I don't like him. But he ought to know that black Americans are the 16th largest economy in the world by ourselves.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Rebel - 06-08-2011 10:57 PM

(06-08-2011 10:55 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I don't blame him for his opinion, it just makes me feel that he's insulated himself enough to form that opinion. That's not to say that I don't like him. But he ought to know that black Americans are the 16th largest economy in the world by ourselves.

Unlike Obama, he grew up in that. He didn't grow up in Indonesia, Hawaii, etc., attend the most white schools in the nation, etc. He grew up in the segregated South. ... and still LIVES in the South, where the majority of black Americans live.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - nomad2u2001 - 06-08-2011 11:01 PM

(06-08-2011 10:57 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(06-08-2011 10:55 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  I don't blame him for his opinion, it just makes me feel that he's insulated himself enough to form that opinion. That's not to say that I don't like him. But he ought to know that black Americans are the 16th largest economy in the world by ourselves.

Unlike Obama, he grew up in that. He didn't grow up in Indonesia, Hawaii, etc., attend the most white schools in the nation, etc. He grew up in the segregated South. ... and still LIVES in the South, where the majority of black Americans live.

That's true but I don't like how he just made it seem as though money is the big thing stopping black people from going to Tea Parties. The elephant in the room is the general disdain for Republicans.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Rebel - 06-08-2011 11:13 PM

I don't think you read his comments correctly. It takes a comprehensive mindset. You have that. Try again, man.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Fo Shizzle - 06-08-2011 11:16 PM

(06-08-2011 10:55 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(06-08-2011 10:42 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  He was asked why there were not blacks at Tea party Rallies....He gave an honest personal opinion and IMO it holds water. This is not like Palin and he tried to BS his way around the question he was asked. HC is not a politician. I fully expect him to 05-stirthepot with some of his comments. I do however hope he continues to speak frankly and honestly. His comments here were both frank...and...honest. Tough Sh!t if some folks don't like them.

I don't blame him for his opinion, it just makes me feel that he's insulated himself enough to form that opinion. That's not to say that I don't like him. But he ought to know that black Americans are the 16th largest economy in the world by ourselves.

Mad....You have to admit that a large portion of the black community are simply trying to pay their bills. They have little else left after the bills are payed to go to rallies..and..Honestly...I can not see why any of them at this point would be motivated to go to a Tea Party Rally. I expect the this stuff scares the hell out of them. I do not hold it against them.

We have come a long way..but..I fully admit that the income divide is still wide..especially in the rural South. This is why we need a guy like this can can push the Fair Tax and REALLY make an impact upon the lives of the working poor..of all races.

I actually am thinking HC may be using these comments as a stepping stone for really unleashing a Fair Tax platform that would be VERY attractive to most of the working poor. He may be smarter than we think.03-idea

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Fo Shizzle - 06-08-2011 11:24 PM

(06-08-2011 11:01 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

That's true but I don't like how he just made it seem as though money is the big thing stopping black people from going to Tea Parties. The elephant in the room is the general disdain for Republicans.

There is no doubt that elephant is very large.04-bow
Somehow, though.. I think this guy can bridge that gap by starting to show that the Fair Tax could take the working poor into the middle class.

Of Course...getting the FT enacted will NOT be easy. There is another barrier.03-banghead

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Rebel - 06-08-2011 11:38 PM

I'll tell you what he's doing. He's calling it like it is. He's attacking the left. Blacks have the highest unemployment in the country. He's speaking what's on his mind, as a black man from the South. He's trying to tell them the Democrats sold them a Kia, when they thought they were getting a Bentley. No, it wasn't planned. Unlike a politician, like Obama, Herman speaks from the heart. Damn, he's a black southerner, from a region where MOST blacks reside. Do you people HONESTLY think that doesn't bother him? He KNOWS the regression that has taken place within the black community since voting DEMOCRAT. He LIVED IT!

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Fo Shizzle - 06-08-2011 11:47 PM

(06-08-2011 11:38 PM)Rebel Wrote:  I'll tell you what he's doing. He's calling it like it is. He's attacking the left. Blacks have the highest unemployment in the country. He's speaking what's on his mind, as a black man from the South. He's trying to tell them the Democrats sold them a Kia, when they thought they were getting a Bentley. No, it wasn't planned. Unlike a politician, like Obama, Herman speaks from the heart. Damn, he's a black southerner, from a region where MOST blacks reside. Do you people HONESTLY think that doesn't bother him? He KNOWS the regression that has taken place within the black community since voting DEMOCRAT. He LIVED IT!

Reb... I believe Herman is much smarter and savy than we give him credit. Let's not forget....He has polished his persona, both in the business world and on the radio for quite a while. This is not his first rodeo. He is going to learn the political game just like he learned his business game and the radio game. I agree with you. I think he spoke from his experiences.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Mr. Peanut - 06-09-2011 10:35 AM

Herman Cain is a gaffe machine. The more he speaks, the less he says. That candidacy is DOA. The very notion of only signing 3 page bills (with crayons I suppose) is buffoonery at the highest level. Bring on the next jester because this schtick has run it's course.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Rebel - 06-09-2011 11:04 AM

(06-09-2011 10:35 AM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  Herman Cain is a gaffe machine. The more he speaks, the less he says. That candidacy is DOA. The very notion of only signing 3 page bills (with crayons I suppose) is buffoonery at the highest level. Bring on the next jester because this schtick has run it's course.

Only an idiot wouldn't get his point.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - RobertN - 06-09-2011 11:20 AM

(06-08-2011 10:44 PM)wild bill Wrote:  That makes sense to me, good answer.
Yeah, makes sense to me too. There is NO way that poor black people can make the rallies. Just because the Koch brothers bus in loads of people from all across the country(except apparently black people), I can see that it is a money thing. 03-lmfao

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - RobertN - 06-09-2011 11:29 AM

(06-08-2011 11:13 PM)Rebel Wrote:  I don't think you read his comments correctly. It takes a comprehensive mindset. You have that. Try again, man.
To have a mindset like yours you have to be on some kind of drug.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - RobertN - 06-09-2011 11:36 AM

(06-08-2011 11:24 PM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(06-08-2011 11:01 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

There is no doubt that elephant is very large.04-bow
Somehow, though.. I think this guy can bridge that gap by starting to show that the Fair Tax could take the working poor into the middle class.

Of Course...getting the FT enacted will NOT be easy. There is another barrier.03-banghead
Fair tax, fair tax, fair tax. Can you say ANYTHING else but "fair tax"?

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Rebel - 06-09-2011 12:12 PM

Anyone notice how "robot-like" Robert and that idiot Greg are becoming?

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - RobertN - 06-09-2011 12:21 PM

(06-09-2011 12:12 PM)Rebel Wrote:  Anyone notice how "robot-like" Robert and that idiot Greg are becoming?
Robot like? How exactly is telling the truth "robot like"?

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Rebel - 06-09-2011 12:27 PM

You wouldn't know the truth if it held you down and took a sh*t on your forehead.

RE: Say it ain't so Herman - Paul M - 06-09-2011 12:28 PM

(06-09-2011 11:20 AM)RobertN Wrote:  There is NO way that poor black people can make the rallies.

It's not just poor black people. You haven't been to a tea party rally either.