CSNbbs
Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist (/thread-483828.html)

Pages: 1 2

Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - SumOfAllFears - 02-25-2011 12:47 PM

Lockerbie Victim Kin: US Should Try Gadhafi

Friday, 25 Feb 2011 08:15 AM

By Hiram Reisner

A brother of one of the victims of Pan Am 103 – speaking for the families of those who died when the plane was downed in 1988 over Lockerbie, Scotland – says Libyan despot Moammar Gadhafi should be tried in the United States, and incarceration at Guantanamo Bay is “too good” for him.

“I think Gitmo would be too good for Gadhafi,” Brian Flynn Thursday told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly, who introduced him as a spokesman for the families. “There is no moral ambiguity here. [President Barack] Obama has a great opportunity here to show leadership, and to show support, for the Libyan people. And I agree with your point that he needs to act more forcefully.

“To be fair, there may have been a risk to the lives of the Americans who are still in Libya today, but I think right now Gadhafi – I’ve been saying [this] for 20 years – that Gadhafi should be tried and convicted here in the United States, not in some international court, and definitely not in England,” said Flynn, whose brother John Patrick Flynn perished in the downing of the Pan Am flight, for which Gadhafi has taken responsibility.

O’Reilly asked Flynn why he believed Obama, aside from the peril that could face the Americans still in Libya, has not been more forceful with Gadhafi and with former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak before him.

“Mubarak may have been more of a complication, but Gadhafi is a clean-cut situation,” Flynn said. “He has been proven to be behind the murder of American citizens. He attacked an American plane. You can’t say the same about Mubarak – and you can’t even say the same about Saddam Hussein.

“This is a guy who is a clear-cut enemy of the United States,” he continued. “What he [Obama] should come out and say right now is, to the people of Libya, that Gadhafi is an enemy of the United States and we support you in your efforts, to give them some of the momentum that they may need right now.”

© Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Lockerbie Victim Kin: US Should Try Gadhafi

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Essency - 02-25-2011 12:57 PM

I think his own people will enact a swifter, and more potent, justice on him. Leave him be IMO. He'll be begging for the U.S..

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Mr. Peanut - 02-25-2011 01:00 PM

He has been murdering Americans for decades and I would love to see justice served on this guy.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Lord Stanley - 02-25-2011 03:02 PM

Try him? Better to hand him over to the local population. As much as I have rightious fury over Lockerbie, he's been murdering people in Libya for 40 years.

No need for an American show trial among the swaying palm trees and warm ocean breezes of Gitmo, being strung up on a lamp post via piano wire on a boiling Tripoli day is the best that Gadhafi should hope for.....

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - NIU007 - 02-25-2011 04:09 PM

I haven't been able to follow what's going on too closely the last couple days, but I heard on the radio that Gadhafi made a comment that he thought Al Qaeda was behind the rebellion. Don't know if even he thinks that's true, but if so, how ironic that would be. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people, to have them fight each other.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - cb4029 - 02-25-2011 04:24 PM

Yes, and pick up GWB while we're at it.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - T-Monay820 - 02-25-2011 05:40 PM

(02-25-2011 03:02 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Try him? Better to hand him over to the local population. As much as I have rightious fury over Lockerbie, he's been murdering people in Libya for 40 years.

No need for an American show trial among the swaying palm trees and warm ocean breezes of Gitmo, being strung up on a lamp post via piano wire on a boiling Tripoli day is the best that Gadhafi should hope for.....

+1

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - SumOfAllFears - 02-25-2011 05:49 PM

(02-25-2011 04:24 PM)cb4029 Wrote:  Yes, and pick up GWB while we're at it.

Grow up, quit being a tool.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Native Georgian - 02-25-2011 05:51 PM

I don't know how easy or difficult it would be to accomplish, but theUnited States should be seeking to kill him if at all possible.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - SumOfAllFears - 02-25-2011 05:56 PM

(02-25-2011 05:51 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I don't know how easy or difficult it would be to accomplish, but theUnited States should be seeking to kill him if at all possible.

Reagan almost put a cruise missile up his wazzue.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Native Georgian - 02-25-2011 06:02 PM

(02-25-2011 05:56 PM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  
(02-25-2011 05:51 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  I don't know how easy or difficult it would be to accomplish, but theUnited States should be seeking to kill him if at all possible.

Reagan almost put a cruise missile up his wazzue.

True, and I fully endorse the attempt. But, by leaving him Damaged-But-Not-Dead, we left ourselves open to the Lockerbie attack about 2-3 years later.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Paul M - 02-25-2011 09:46 PM

Re-instate Robert and put cb in the corner. 05-stirthepot

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - CountryRedHawk - 02-25-2011 09:54 PM

I think we shoulda stuck a cruise missile up his wazzue when he was standing in that bunker, hell, just grab the coordinates from 30 years ago! 03-wink

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Jugnaut - 02-25-2011 10:06 PM

Libya isn't our problem. We're not the world police and we shouldn't try to be. It's the citizens of Libya's problem and they need to fight this battle for themselves.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Native Georgian - 02-25-2011 11:03 PM

(02-25-2011 10:06 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Libya isn't our problem. We're not the world police and we shouldn't try to be. It's the citizens of Libya's problem and they need to fight this battle for themselves.

I agree with that, as far as it goes. But if you believe (as I do) that this guy arranged for (I) the deaths of a few US servicemembers, and for (II) the cold-blooded bombing of hundreds of US civilians on a commercial jet-plane in mid-air, then blithely allowing him to live out his days is like an open announcement to all the forces of violence and anarchy in the world: "School's Out! Have Fun!"

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - TomorrowHerd - 02-25-2011 11:47 PM

(02-25-2011 03:02 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  Try him? Better to hand him over to the local population. As much as I have rightious fury over Lockerbie, he's been murdering people in Libya for 40 years.

this^

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Redwingtom - 02-26-2011 03:39 PM

(02-25-2011 09:46 PM)Paul M Wrote:  

Man, you two need to grow a pair and quit crying for mama when someone attacks shrub! 03-wink

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - Paul M - 02-26-2011 03:55 PM

(02-26-2011 03:39 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(02-25-2011 09:46 PM)Paul M Wrote:  

Man, you two need to grow a pair and quit crying for mama when someone attacks shrub! 03-wink

Nothing more than a little humor. Maybe I wasn't much funny. Apologies.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - smn1256 - 02-26-2011 09:05 PM

We should let his own people have their justice (revenge) because if we do it 1) It will take too long. B) It will cost too much. 4) Loons in this country might actually take his side.

RE: Should US Grab Gadhafi and Try Him as a Terrorist - I45owl - 02-28-2011 09:21 AM

(02-25-2011 04:09 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  I haven't been able to follow what's going on too closely the last couple days, but I heard on the radio that Gadhafi made a comment that he thought Al Qaeda was behind the rebellion. Don't know if even he thinks that's true, but if so, how ironic that would be. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people, to have them fight each other.

No, he doesn't think it's true. He's trying to con someone in to coming to his defense.