CSNbbs
Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law (/thread-477526.html)

Pages: 1 2

Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - SumOfAllFears - 01-26-2011 05:24 AM

Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

Obama will have to produce birth certificate to run again

Read more: Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

Quote:The proposal, which also is being taken up in a number of other states, is highly specific and directly addresses the questions that have been raised by Barack Obama's occupancy of the White House. It says:

Within ten days after submittal of the names of the candidates, the national political party committee shall submit an affidavit of the presidential candidate in which the presidential candidate states the candidate's citizenship and age and shall append to the affidavit documents that prove that the candidate is a natural born citizen, prove the candidate's age and prove that the candidate meets the residency requirements for President of the United States as prescribed in article II, section 1, Constitution of the United States.

The critical phrases are "natural born citizen" and the requirements of "article II, section 1, Constitution of the United States," which imposes on the president a requirement not demanded of other state and federal officeholders.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - aTxTIGER - 01-26-2011 08:49 AM

(01-26-2011 05:24 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

Obama will have to produce birth certificate to run again

Read more: Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

Quote:The proposal, which also is being taken up in a number of other states, is highly specific and directly addresses the questions that have been raised by Barack Obama's occupancy of the White House. It says:

Within ten days after submittal of the names of the candidates, the national political party committee shall submit an affidavit of the presidential candidate in which the presidential candidate states the candidate's citizenship and age and shall append to the affidavit documents that prove that the candidate is a natural born citizen, prove the candidate's age and prove that the candidate meets the residency requirements for President of the United States as prescribed in article II, section 1, Constitution of the United States.

The critical phrases are "natural born citizen" and the requirements of "article II, section 1, Constitution of the United States," which imposes on the president a requirement not demanded of other state and federal officeholders.

The smartest political move that Obama has made in office is not releasing his birth certificate. By not releasing it, he has let the Birthers get air time on an issue that the vast majority of the American people either don't care about or think is crazy.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - DrTorch - 01-26-2011 08:57 AM

(01-26-2011 08:49 AM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  The smartest political move that Obama has made in office is not releasing his birth certificate. By not releasing it, he has let the Birthers get air time on an issue that the vast majority of the American people either don't care about or think is crazy.

Why? Obama has gained nothing from the experience. How is this "smart"?

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - Lord Stanley - 01-26-2011 10:16 AM

I thought that it was decided that Presidential eligibilty was not a state issue?

Better legal eagles than I will quickly weigh in on this, and my guess is that these types of legislation will go nowhere.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - HuskieFan84 - 01-26-2011 10:22 AM

No doubt AT.. these people just look insane to moderates. Dems are embracing this behind the scenes. The more these fringe types promote this stuff instead of the things that actually matter, it only helps Dems. Just silly to me when there are so many legitimate gripes against the Obama presidency to waste your time with this nonsense. You could easily win on real issues, instead you focus on this? That's how you lose an election.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - Rebel - 01-26-2011 10:24 AM

(01-26-2011 10:22 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  No doubt AT.. these people just look insane to moderates. Dems are embracing this behind the scenes. The more these fringe types promote this stuff instead of the things that actually matter, it only helps Dems. Just silly to me when there are so many legitimate gripes against the Obama presidency to waste your time with this nonsense. You could easily win on real issues, instead you focus on this? That's how you lose an election.

It doesn't matter if the President is a natural-born citizen or not?

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - cb4029 - 01-26-2011 10:34 AM

To bad the federal government doesn't have to obey state laws. 05-stirthepot

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - Rebel - 01-26-2011 10:36 AM

(01-26-2011 10:34 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  To bad the federal government doesn't have to obey state laws. 05-stirthepot

Where does the federal government get their voters?

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - SumOfAllFears - 01-26-2011 10:38 AM

When an entire state, and more than one, has questions that a president was not vetted properly under the constitution, it's not fringe, silly, crazy or insane anymore.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - HuskieFan84 - 01-26-2011 10:41 AM

Rebel.. he's clearly a natural born citizen, that's the point. He is an American citizen, that isn't in doubt among moderates. That's the problem for those on the fringe.

Think how silly that sounds to an average person.. the Dems just happened to plant a bunch of fake evidence 45 years ago in the hopes that a black kid from Hawaii who is actually from Kenya would be president some day?

I mean.. come on, it sounds insane. You want people to take you seriously, you focus on real issues.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - Rebel - 01-26-2011 10:44 AM

Then it shouldn't be too much of a task for him to open up all of his records and produce a long-form birth certificate. He is, afterall, our employee. We knew more about Bush's history a year leading up to his election than we do about Obama, 2 years AFTER his election.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - HuskieFan84 - 01-26-2011 10:47 AM

They just happened to plant a birth announcement in a Hawaii newspaper 45 years ago. Really. That's what you're running your election on. Let me get you a tin foil hat buddy.

http://politicalcorrection.org/factcheck/200907280002

Think of that how looks to moderates. You are making a mockery of yourself. Run on the issues, there are plenty there to win. Run on ridiculous conspiracy theories like the president is a Muslim from Kenya and you'll quickly be sitting on the sidelines for another four years.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - cb4029 - 01-26-2011 10:49 AM

(01-26-2011 10:38 AM)SumOfAllFears Wrote:  When an entire state, and more than one, has questions that a president was not vetted properly under the constitution, it's not fringe, silly, crazy or insane anymore.

So you are saying every person in Arizona believes this bull. 01-wingedeagle

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - Rebel - 01-26-2011 10:50 AM

(01-26-2011 10:47 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  They just happened to plant a birth announcement in a Hawaii newspaper 45 years ago. Really. That's what you're running your election on. Let me get you a tin foil hat buddy.

Think of that how looks to moderates. You are making a mockery of yourself. Run on the issues, there are plenty there to win. Run on ridiculous conspiracy theories like the president is a Muslim from Kenya and you'll quickly be sitting on the sidelines for another four years.

Hey, I have one of those Obama things also.

[Image: OBC.jpg]

BTW, what do you know about moderates?

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - cb4029 - 01-26-2011 10:51 AM

(01-26-2011 10:50 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
(01-26-2011 10:47 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  They just happened to plant a birth announcement in a Hawaii newspaper 45 years ago. Really. That's what you're running your election on. Let me get you a tin foil hat buddy.

Hey, I have one of those Obama things also.

[Image: OBC.jpg]

BTW, what do you know about moderates?

That baby foot is fake. 05-stirthepot

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - HuskieFan84 - 01-26-2011 10:52 AM

Rebel.. honestly, I'm all for your supporting of the birther movement so I don't know why I would even have this conversation. Good luck, I'm sure it'll work out great for ya.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - Rebel - 01-26-2011 10:53 AM

(01-26-2011 10:52 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Rebel.. honestly, I'm all for your supporting of the birther movement so I don't know why I would even have this conversation. Good luck, I'm sure it'll work out great for ya.

Do you or do you not believe a candidate for President should be required to prove his citizenship, yes or no?

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - DrTorch - 01-26-2011 10:56 AM

(01-26-2011 10:41 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  Rebel.. he's clearly a natural born citizen, that's the point.

Says who? You? Geesh, assuming something true, and calling that "proof" is pathetic.

Quote:He is an American citizen, that isn't in doubt among moderates. Think how silly that sounds to an average person..

Oh, and now you get to define 'moderate' and 'average person'

Quote:the Dems just happened to plant a bunch of fake evidence 45 years ago in the hopes that a black kid from Hawaii who is actually from Kenya would be president some day?

Now a straw man?
This is like a primer on logical fallacies. F'n idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote.

And BTW, how is this an IL issue? Thought you only chimed in on those?

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - HuskieFan84 - 01-26-2011 10:59 AM

That's a conversation you had with NIUHuskie84 about Rahm, but I'll answer it anyways, considering he's the ex-senator of my state, and the president of my country, it's clearly an issue for me.

And Rebel, I believe you should, and I believe he's proven his citizenship so it's a non-issue for me. You can take your tin hat and run with it, clearly there's no agreement coming here, so we can just end the discussion.

RE: Arizona to Pass 2012 Presidential Eligibility Law - Rebel - 01-26-2011 11:03 AM

(01-26-2011 10:59 AM)HuskieFan84 Wrote:  And Rebel, I believe you should, and I believe he's proven his citizenship so it's a non-issue for me. You can take your tin hat and run with it, clearly there's no agreement coming here, so we can just end the discussion.

....then why are you libs afraid of this bill? If he is, as you say, a natural-born citizen, then it shouldn't be a problem.