CSNbbs
Who Wins the Belt? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Who Wins the Belt? (/thread-460190.html)

Pages: 1 2

Who Wins the Belt? - Burn the Horse - 10-31-2010 10:34 AM

With a three-way tie currently in place between Troy, FIU, and Middle, I thought i'd guage the board and see who everyone thought would come in first after all is said and done.

So cast your vote if you like.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - trojanbrutha - 10-31-2010 10:56 AM

TROY is in familiar territory with an unfamiliar cast of characters on the field. In 2008, TROY faced a similar situation where they had one loss, in conference to the same foe, but continued on to win the conference, with MT and State in the rear-view mirror. No team should be overlooked, from week-to-week, but I see WKU and FIU as big obstacles the remainder of this season...

It can be done and I see this as an interesting situation that makes for an exciting conclusion to the SBC season...

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - BlueRaiderFan. - 10-31-2010 12:44 PM

I think Troy splits it with another team.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - SpaceRaider - 10-31-2010 04:21 PM

(10-31-2010 12:44 PM)BlueRaiderFan. Wrote:  I think Troy splits it with another team.

I think troy still wins it outright, as much as I would like to say otherwise. MT is still vulnerable, imo, to another loss, and so is FIU.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - BlueRaiderFan. - 10-31-2010 05:54 PM

I think so too, but one of the two may pull it off.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - MTPiKapp - 11-01-2010 12:30 AM

I think MT wins out, so whether we share the title with Troy, or win the title outright, depends on the outcome of Troy vs FIU.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - JoeJag - 11-01-2010 08:58 AM

Heads, Troy; Tails, MTSU. Troy.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - OwlFamily - 11-01-2010 12:02 PM

I voted Troy.

They usually have one brainfart a year against a confrence opponent.

I think FIU is going to be really demoralized. This Shula Bowl loss has to be stinging. They had all the momentum having played some good AQ teams tough, and in the hunt for a confrence title. FAU was clearly reeling but came out and strong and got it done.

I honestly have NO idea on MTSU. They are an enigma to me right now.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - trojans664 - 11-01-2010 09:38 PM

If MT makes it out of Jonesboro with a win, they probably get at least a share of the title. At this point, it wouldn't shock me for Troy to drop another conference game so who knows.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - Burn the Horse - 11-02-2010 09:46 AM

C'mon stAte! Take down the MUTS for us would ya? 03-thumbsup

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - MG61 - 11-02-2010 11:16 AM

(11-01-2010 09:38 PM)trojans664 Wrote:  If MT makes it out of Jonesboro with a win, they probably get at least a share of the title. At this point, it wouldn't shock me for Troy to drop another conference game so who knows.

How about Saturday ? We'd sure appreciate it.:odie:

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - Fanof49ASU - 11-02-2010 12:51 PM

Ever since this poll was started, I thought it contained too few choices.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - Clarksville Raider - 11-02-2010 01:37 PM

aslong as mt gets out with a win tonight i think we got a good chance of winning the conference or atleast getting a share of the title.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - Fanof49ASU - 11-02-2010 01:44 PM

(11-02-2010 01:37 PM)Clarksville Raider Wrote:  aslong as mt gets out with a win tonight i think we got a good chance of winning the conference or atleast getting a share of the title.

Watch the game from home and have a drink (or six) handy.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - Burn the Horse - 11-02-2010 02:37 PM

c'mon stAte, do our dirty work. 04-cheers

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - TroyDrum - 11-02-2010 10:18 PM

Personally, I believe that Troy is just as vulnerable as Middle was tonight. I voted Troy, but I still think that every single conference foe will be a threat for the rest of the season. WKU slapped ULL, and I don't care if FIU lost to FAU, they'll still be very hungry for a win against the Trojans (and possibly more hungry than Troy is for an outright title).

Honestly, this is just a weird season for the Belt. Troy is the ONLY team with a winning (overall) record and the little guys are getting the best of the big guys each week. I hope that each team picks it up (especially Troy) and does well so we can get some more bowl-eligible teams.

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - trojanbrutha - 11-02-2010 10:30 PM

Some more bowl eligible teams? Where are the ones that are already? It's not written in stone for TROY or MT, as it stands. I'll be the first to sing TROY's praises, but UNT is waiting to let us in and lock the gate behind us...where I'm from, that's a last man standin' match. I like looking into the future at the possibilities, but I can only hope that the focus will return to the Trojans with CR being healthy...

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - chiefsfan - 11-02-2010 10:39 PM

(11-02-2010 01:37 PM)Clarksville Raider Wrote:  aslong as mt gets out with a win tonight i think we got a good chance of winning the conference or atleast getting a share of the title.

For youre sake I hope you had alot of Beer handy after watching Dasher tonight

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - TroyDrum - 11-02-2010 11:24 PM

(11-02-2010 10:30 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  Some more bowl eligible teams? Where are the ones that are already?

Right, the "more bowl eligible teams" line was assuming Troy wins out. I agree with you, too. This whole season (aside from the MT game) has been a handful of heart attacks and I don't expect the rest of the season to be any different.

Instead of clanking beer glasses with you, pretend these are antacid pills... 04-cheers

RE: Who Wins the Belt? - trojanbrutha - 11-02-2010 11:31 PM

(11-02-2010 11:24 PM)TroyDrum Wrote:  
(11-02-2010 10:30 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  Some more bowl eligible teams? Where are the ones that are already?

Right, the "more bowl eligible teams" line was assuming Troy wins out. I agree with you, too. This whole season (aside from the MT game) has been a handful of heart attacks and I don't expect the rest of the season to be any different.

Instead of clanking beer glasses with you, pretend these are antacid pills... 04-cheers

We've been sharing these on gtt.com...these are for you 04-cheers
[Image: bayer-aspirin.jpg]