CSNbbs
Missouri State? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Missouri State? (/thread-456397.html)

Pages: 1 2

Missouri State? - uakronkid - 10-07-2010 08:51 PM

The folks over at Missouri State seem to think that they received an invitation to join the Sun Belt, but that they declined.

RE: Missouri State? - ManzanoWolf - 10-07-2010 09:07 PM

(10-07-2010 08:51 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  The folks over at Missouri State seem to think that they received an invitation to join the Sun Belt, but that they declined.

This has been discussed previously and it is very likely that Missouri State received an inquiry to determine if they had an interest in joining the SBC, but they did not receive an actual invitation to join the SBC.

RE: Missouri State? - mustachio - 10-07-2010 09:59 PM

(10-07-2010 09:07 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  
(10-07-2010 08:51 PM)uakronkid Wrote:  The folks over at Missouri State seem to think that they received an invitation to join the Sun Belt, but that they declined.

This has been discussed previously and it is very likely that Missouri State received an inquiry to determine if they had an interest in joining the SBC, but they did not receive an actual invitation to join the SBC.

I've heard it was an inquiry but MSU could have an invite if they wanted one. MSU is a basketball school so they won't be leaving the MVC for FBS football if it means hurting the basketball programs.

RE: Missouri State? - RaiderATO - 10-07-2010 10:01 PM

arkstfn has said that they were asked (back when teams left for the WAC) if they were going to add 1-A football (first of a series of questions). They said "no". So the SBC stopped their inquiries.

Their tale is true in that they said "no", but the question asked wasn't what they say.

RE: Missouri State? - trojanbrutha - 10-07-2010 10:24 PM

No problem anyway...they're obviously too good for the SBC 03-rotfl

RE: Missouri State? - JoeJag - 10-07-2010 11:45 PM

Well, good for them. Now we can move on to something important. Oh, can someone share with the rest of us how MO St. can help the Belt?

RE: Missouri State? - RaiderATO - 10-07-2010 11:46 PM

(10-07-2010 11:45 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  Oh, can someone share with the rest of us how MO St. can help the Belt?

I hear they have a good band. 05-stirthepot

RE: Missouri State? - Hilltopper2K - 10-08-2010 05:14 AM

(10-07-2010 11:45 PM)JoeJag Wrote:  Oh, can someone share with the rest of us how MO St. can help the Belt?

Good baseball, really good basketball. They would improve hoops overnight.

RE: Missouri State? - arkstfan - 10-08-2010 06:04 AM

As stated above, once Missouri State indicated no interest in playing FBS football there was no reason to pursue the conversation further. Chattanoga had contacted the Belt around the same time and when they announced the football question wrong that conversation ended as well.

RE: Missouri State? - bmwilder139 - 10-08-2010 08:12 AM

ULM's president that just left in July is at Missouri State now....

RE: Missouri State? - theATLDawg - 10-08-2010 08:57 AM

(10-08-2010 08:12 AM)bmwilder139 Wrote:  ULM's president that just left in July is at Missouri State now....
I heard that ULM and Western Kentucky were asked by the Sunbelt if they were planning on fielding a football team any time soon as well.05-stirthepot

RE: Missouri State? - bmwilder139 - 10-08-2010 09:25 AM

You have a lot of room to talk. Lol, but 1-4's not that bad, I guess.

RE: Missouri State? - trojanbrutha - 10-08-2010 10:54 AM

(10-08-2010 08:57 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  
(10-08-2010 08:12 AM)bmwilder139 Wrote:  ULM's president that just left in July is at Missouri State now....
I heard that ULM and Western Kentucky were asked by the Sunbelt if they were planning on fielding a football team any time soon as well.05-stirthepot

Is that coming from someone from the WHACK? And tech? C'mon man! 03-lmfao

RE: Missouri State? - MissouriStateBears - 10-08-2010 11:07 AM

(10-07-2010 10:24 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  No problem anyway...they're obviously too good for the SBC 03-rotfl

Basketball wise. :) Football nope, baseball nope, its just that basketball drives the cart and it would be a tricky path for our athletic department to lose basketball revenue right now. But that being said I think Sun Belt would be a good fit for us otherwise. Lots of similar schools and potential for some great rivarlies - Arkansas State, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, and North Texas. All of those schools could be great rivals IMO.

RE: Missouri State? - ManzanoWolf - 10-08-2010 12:07 PM

(10-08-2010 08:57 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  

Since La Tech is on the Bottom 10 Waiting List right beside ULM, I would not be casting stones at them. ULM (1-3) beat SE LA and Tech (1-4) beat Grambling; what is the difference between the two? 04-chairshot

RE: Missouri State? - thetastygreek - 10-08-2010 01:37 PM

(10-08-2010 11:07 AM)MissouriStateBears Wrote:  
(10-07-2010 10:24 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  No problem anyway...they're obviously too good for the SBC 03-rotfl

Basketball wise. :) Football nope, baseball nope, its just that basketball drives the cart and it would be a tricky path for our athletic department to lose basketball revenue right now. But that being said I think Sun Belt would be a good fit for us otherwise. Lots of similar schools and potential for some great rivarlies - Arkansas State, Western Kentucky, Middle Tennessee, and North Texas. All of those schools could be great rivals IMO.

I think that the 5 best teams in the SBC this year (presumably) would all be contenders (or at least VERY competitive) against MVC competition.

What kills our league and our overall RPI is the programs that are still floundering. Nobody in the MVC doesn't take basketball seriously. But in the SBC, at least a few schools don't seem willing to do what it takes to improve themselves and the league overall.

RE: Missouri State? - theATLDawg - 10-08-2010 03:03 PM

just a quick question for WKU. Why haven't you guys scheduled at least one FCS pansy like everyone else? don't you think your fans deserve their first win as an FBS. Man you guys are goiing to storm the field when you finally get it. come on guys. Schedule Texas Southern or something. Your fans deserve it. Just don't schedule Appy St or McNeese. Those aren't guarantees as ULL and Michigan can attest and don't schedule any division II teams. ULL is not too keen on those either.

RE: Missouri State? - trojanbrutha - 10-08-2010 03:40 PM

(10-08-2010 03:03 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  just a quick question for WKU. Why haven't you guys scheduled at least one FCS pansy like everyone else? don't you think your fans deserve their first win as an FBS. Man you guys are goiing to storm the field when you finally get it. come on guys. Schedule Texas Southern or something. Your fans deserve it. Just don't schedule Appy St or McNeese. Those aren't guarantees as ULL and Michigan can attest and don't schedule any division II teams. ULL is not too keen on those either.

Hey, dude...there was a time that La Tech was an outstanding program and they have won against the likes of Alabama...but that was in the past...for heaven's sake, you guys lost to Middle in the NO Bowl last year...oh, wait...that was Southern Miss...I take it ALL back...you guys SUCK too! 03-lmfao (no offense meant to WKU)

RE: Missouri State? - theATLDawg - 10-08-2010 06:31 PM

(10-08-2010 03:40 PM)trojanbrutha Wrote:  
(10-08-2010 03:03 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  just a quick question for WKU. Why haven't you guys scheduled at least one FCS pansy like everyone else? don't you think your fans deserve their first win as an FBS. Man you guys are goiing to storm the field when you finally get it. come on guys. Schedule Texas Southern or something. Your fans deserve it. Just don't schedule Appy St or McNeese. Those aren't guarantees as ULL and Michigan can attest and don't schedule any division II teams. ULL is not too keen on those either.

Hey, dude...there was a time that La Tech was an outstanding program and they have won against the likes of Alabama...but that was in the past...for heaven's sake, you guys lost to Middle in the NO Bowl last year...oh, wait...that was Southern Miss...I take it ALL back...you guys SUCK too! 03-lmfao (no offense meant to WKU)

dude. Tech is down because of that stupid system but we are catching it now that we have decided to stick with our veteran qb. Tech will start winning some games again here real soon. plus our schedule eases up a little bit.

RE: Missouri State? - Hilltopper2K - 10-08-2010 06:46 PM

We're playing Austin Peay next year, thanks for your concern.

I think we will have a win before all hallows eve.