CSNbbs
Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... (/thread-442436.html)

Pages: 1 2

Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - MTPiKapp - 07-06-2010 02:34 AM

From the La Tech board...

When you see a WAC game on TV, you see gun slinging, unusual styles that are very attractive. When you see Troy play whoever it was last year, you can't wait to fall asleep or see some real football highlights on sportscenter.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - BlueRaiderFan. - 07-06-2010 04:02 AM

Probably because they don't know what a pass defense looks like.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - T_Won1 - 07-06-2010 07:12 AM

I think he was talking about the Troy / MTSU game last year.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - arkstfan - 07-06-2010 07:21 AM

Total ignorance

Troy was 4th in the nation in passing offense, Hawaii was 3rd.
La.Tech was 91 and ASU 86
NMSU was 118th in passing WKU 110th

How can a person be taken seriously when they just make up facts?

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - MTPiKapp - 07-06-2010 07:38 AM

(07-06-2010 07:12 AM)T_Won1 Wrote:  I think he was talking about the Troy / MTSU game last year.

Don't know where you got that idea from. Sounded like a pretty blanket statement to me.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - MTPiKapp - 07-06-2010 07:40 AM

(07-06-2010 07:21 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  Total ignorance

Beyond that, it's funny considering their new offensive coordinator is Tony Franklin and Troy still runs a variation of his system. I really hope that guy doesn't actually think Troy is boring, because he'll be waiting to fall asleep in Ruston this year, especially considering it's doubtful that Tony runs his system as effectively this year as Troy.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - T_Won1 - 07-06-2010 07:49 AM

(07-06-2010 07:38 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(07-06-2010 07:12 AM)T_Won1 Wrote:  I think he was talking about the Troy / MTSU game last year.

Don't know where you got that idea from. Sounded like a pretty blanket statement to me.

He was talking about televised games. I doubt he catches many SBC games in person.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - MTPiKapp - 07-06-2010 07:57 AM

(07-06-2010 07:49 AM)T_Won1 Wrote:  
(07-06-2010 07:38 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

He was talking about televised games. I doubt he catches many SBC games in person.

Well considering they were on TV seven times last year, two that were for sure on in Ruston, the other five probably were, four on CSS and one on ESPN regional.

He must have missed their 44-41 OT loss in the GMAC bowl on ESPN, one of the more exciting bowl games last season.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - MG61 - 07-06-2010 08:00 AM

If it's off their board don't be concerned about it. You should know how they are since you're kinda kissy face with them over there.:odie:

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - MTPiKapp - 07-06-2010 08:05 AM

(07-06-2010 08:00 AM)MG61 Wrote:  If it's off their board don't be concerned about it. You should know how they are since you're kinda kissy face with them over there.:odie:

I know how to tread lightly in someone else's house. I've done it for long enough now that I have a decent rapport with their level headed fans(yes they do exist) and can actually stand up to the more hard headed ones without catching too much flack from anyone but the ones I'm standing up to. They do have a passionate fan base and a high traffic message board, when things are dragging around here or at BRZ they're one of the first places I check in on.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - dchi72 - 07-06-2010 08:22 AM

(07-06-2010 07:21 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  How can a person be taken seriously when they just make up facts?

Good question. Maybe Eager can answer that one for us.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - ManzanoWolf - 07-06-2010 10:39 AM

That is what the vast majority of Tech fans do . . . shoot from the hip with no research or facts to substantiate their claims.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - Burn the Horse - 07-06-2010 12:51 PM

(07-06-2010 10:39 AM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  

That is what the vast majority of Tech fans do . . . shoot from the hip with no research or facts to substantiate their claims.

[Image: 20060820-bush_laughing.jpg]

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - johnnylightnin - 07-06-2010 01:21 PM

Vast majority? Got some "facts" to back that up? Surely you wouldn't make the claims you just did while "shooting from the hip" yourself. That would be downright hypocritical.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - ManzanoWolf - 07-06-2010 01:53 PM

(07-06-2010 01:21 PM)johnnylightnin Wrote:  

Vast majority? Got some "facts" to back that up? Surely you wouldn't make the claims you just did while "shooting from the hip" yourself. That would be downright hypocritical.

You are correct; I should have said vast majority on the Tech Board. Do not make me cut and paste some of the ridiculous statements made by the fans on that board . . . such as . . . Let's be CLEAR! It's not just ULM. I don't want LA Tech associated with Arkansas St, ULL, FIU, FAU, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky or Troy. UNT I would make an exception for.

The problem is, LA Tech has superior academics, athletics, budgets, TV contracts, --and just about anything else you can think of-- compared to those folks. Simply put, our university is clearly at a higher level than those schools are. Other than geography, there is literally NOTHING in the Scumbelt for us. 05-mafia

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - SpaceRaider - 07-06-2010 02:08 PM

(07-06-2010 01:53 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  

You are correct; I should have said vast majority on the Tech Board. Do not make me cut and paste some of the ridiculous statements made by the fans on that board . . . such as . . . Let's be CLEAR! It's not just ULM. I don't want LA Tech associated with Arkansas St, ULL, FIU, FAU, Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky or Troy. UNT I would make an exception for.

The problem is, LA Tech has superior academics, athletics, budgets, TV contracts, --and just about anything else you can think of-- compared to those folks. Simply put, our university is clearly at a higher level than those schools are. Other than geography, there is literally NOTHING in the Scumbelt for us. 05-mafia

Without going to that board and my memory of previous lurkings there in years past, that sounds like a infamous 'hogdawg' post...typical of the vast majority of clowns on that board...

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - dchi72 - 07-06-2010 02:14 PM

Without researching it myself, I do believe both of those comments come from the same person.

One person makes most?

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - ManzanoWolf - 07-06-2010 02:22 PM

(07-06-2010 02:14 PM)dchi72 Wrote:  

Without researching it myself, I do believe both of those comments come from the same person.

One person makes most?

Trying to defend the ridiculous, emotional, fact-less posts on that board is a hoot. The Tech Board yields many similar posts by different Tech fans. It is not just the opinion of one, but the opinion of the majority that post on that board.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - johnnylightnin - 07-06-2010 02:25 PM

(07-06-2010 01:53 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  You are correct; I should have said vast majority on the Tech Board. Do not make me cut and paste some of the ridiculous statements made by the fans on that board

I would never make you post anything. I will, however, ask you to substantiate your claim that WELL OVER 3000 of our board members at BBB "shoot from the hip with no research or facts to substantiate their claims". If you can't, I'll be forced to conclude that you are no better than your characterization of the "vast majority" of Tech fans.

Honestly MZ, you are pretty level headed about most things. For the most part, I enjoy your posts. Something goes amiss when Louisiana Tech is brought up though. You seem to lose all objectivity.

In the end, you likely know that Tech fans on our message board are MUCH like fans on any message board. There are some eternal optimists that always think a BCS invite is right around the corner. You've got the perpetual pessimists who think the ship is about to sink. You've got the annoying pains in the butt that parse every word certain folks post just to get a rise out of them (that's me in this thread). And EVERY forum, even A-State's I would imagine, have a few guys that make outlandish statements.

RE: Sorry, I just can't help myself I suppose... - dchi72 - 07-06-2010 02:52 PM

(07-06-2010 02:22 PM)ManzanoWolf Wrote:  
(07-06-2010 02:14 PM)dchi72 Wrote:  Without researching it myself, I do believe both of those comments come from the same person.

One person makes most?

Trying to defend the ridiculous, emotional, fact-less posts on that board is a hoot. The Tech Board yields many similar posts by different Tech fans. It is not just the opinion of one, but the opinion of the majority that post on that board.

Not trying to defend the post nor the poster. Not really a big fan of that individual.

Just trying to point out that characterizing the "vast majority" of Tech posters based on one persons rants is disingenuous.

Are there Tech fans who have nothing positive to say about the Belt? Sure there are. Are there fans who think the Belt would be a step backwards for Tech? Sure there are.

Are there Belt fans who have nothing positive to say about Tech? Sure there are. Are there Belt fans who would rather Tech join the Southland than come back to the Belt? Sure there are.

Does that mean the vast majority of Tech fans or Belt fans hold these views? No.

If I used your logic, then all USM fans are a-holes, just like EagerEagle. That is simply not true.