CSNbbs
Lipscomb Makes Its 2010 Bracketology Debut - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Lipscomb (/forum-328.html)
+----- Thread: Lipscomb Makes Its 2010 Bracketology Debut (/thread-419202.html)

Lipscomb Makes Its 2010 Bracketology Debut - DadofTwins - 02-11-2010 11:30 AM

The five-way tie for first place in the A-Sun loss column means that, for this week at least, Lipscomb controls the tiebreakers and thus the race for the #1 seed and automatic NIT bid. It also means that Lipscomb is on the Bracketology board at ESPN.com, as the PIG team.

While I disagree with how Joe Lunardi goes about selecting his auto-bid teams (I would look at the computers and ask which team is most likely to win their conference tournament -- this week, Belmont), I agree with his assessment of Lipscomb's eventual seed if they were to get there. Right now, only Belmont, ETSU, and Jacksonville are good enough stay out of Dayton. If my numbers are to be believed, all three would be 15 seeds, although with ETSU it would be a tight race between them and Vermont for the last 15.

Right now, Lipscomb is about on par with Maine (3rd in the America East). I suspect it was a close call between Lipscomb and Lehigh for the PIG spot against the SWAC champion. If Lipscomb wins the A-Sun, and the Patriot League puts anybody but Lehigh in the field, Lipscomb should be a 16.

That said, the season is only 3/4 over. We still have a long way to go, and Lipscomb has a lot of close games to win -- or not -- between now and March.