CSNbbs
OT: "Kings" on NBC - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: OT: "Kings" on NBC (/thread-362540.html)

Pages: 1 2

OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-06-2009 08:05 AM

Does anyone watch Kings? It comes on NBC at 7 pm CST on Sundays.

I love it. I'd like to get some discussion about it on here if anyone else is watching it too.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - condray - 04-06-2009 09:13 AM

I watched the pilot episode, but haven't caught it since. Wasn't bad at all. Will probably catch up by viewing it online though, as Sunday nights are tough for me.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - PantherNation - 04-06-2009 10:05 AM

(04-06-2009 08:05 AM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  Does anyone watch Kings? It comes on NBC at 7 pm CST on Sundays.

I love it. I'd like to get some discussion about it on here if anyone else is watching it too.

I have been watching it! Online. Its a great show. Sometimes I see the parallel to the biblical story, sometimes I feel its really off.

Great show! I feel like they poured a lot of money in it. Has a lot of big movie effects. Too bad I've been hearing that they will cancel it.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-06-2009 11:52 AM

Yeah i've heard they are considering cancelling it because of lack of viewership. I'm going to be mad if they do that. It is a cornerstone of my Sunday evening television. I watch Kings at 7, then the Tudors at 8 on Showtime.

If you haven't watched it yet, make sure to do so this coming Sunday. You can catch up at http://www.nbc.com/kings . You can watch full episodes, and there is also a lot of interactive stuff. They did a great job with creating this show, if they can just make it over the hump, I think this could be a major hit that could last atleast 2 or 3 seasons.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - condray - 04-06-2009 12:20 PM

The only show, right now, that I'm concerned about getting a 2nd season is Eastbound and Down. I can't tell you how many times I fell off my couch laughing at some of the stuff that came out of Kenny Power's mouth.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-06-2009 12:25 PM

never seen it. I'm excited about Southland though. That'll be a good Thursday night show. Oh, and the new season of Weeds, that show rocks.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - PantherNation - 04-06-2009 01:57 PM

(04-06-2009 12:25 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  never seen it. I'm excited about Southland though. That'll be a good Thursday night show. Oh, and the new season of Weeds, that show rocks.

You can watch the pilot episode of Southland on Hulu.com. That is an amazing show!
The other show I like to watch is Chuck. It's funny, action packed, and the chick is HOT!

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - condray - 04-06-2009 03:11 PM

When does Weeds start back up?

Eastbound and Down is on HBO. The season is over, as it was only 6 episodes, but there are a million one-liners in there. Most are not suitable for mixed company. If you've got on-demand capabilities, it should be on there. I've watched all of the episodes twice now, because they've kept it on HBO on-demand via Comcast.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-06-2009 10:21 PM

Weeds is starting back soon. I saw an ad for it after The Tudors was going off Sunday.

Back to Kings. I think this show is the best new show on cable in the past 5 years. I hate that it is being talked about in the cancelation circuit. not enough people are watching it. Rediculous. Amazing show, amazing acting, amazing visuals. If you're not watching it, you're a communist.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-07-2009 03:56 PM

damnit, they have moved Kings to Sundays at 8. that means they don't expect it to survive. the show has gotten rave reviews, but people just aren't watching it. i don't understand, it's a great show!

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - PantherNation - 04-07-2009 04:04 PM

(04-07-2009 03:56 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  damnit, they have moved Kings to Sundays at 8. that means they don't expect it to survive. the show has gotten rave reviews, but people just aren't watching it. i don't understand, it's a great show!

Do they count the people who watch it online? I just don't watch live TV anymore! I can't stand the commercials. I Tivo everything or I watch it a day later online. On the NBC website, or Hulu. Less commercials. I'm sure that's where a lot of people are watching shows these days.

I haven't seen Kings on TV, I have just watched it online. So do I count as a viewer?

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - RDA Trojan - 04-07-2009 04:12 PM

(04-07-2009 03:56 PM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  damnit, they have moved Kings to Sundays at 8. that means they don't expect it to survive. the show has gotten rave reviews, but people just aren't watching it. i don't understand, it's a great show!

Its on NBC. In case you haven't noticed, they don't have the best track record lately of bringing new shows in that are good. About 6-8 years ago, NBC ruled. You had shows like Will & Grace, Scrubs when it was new, Friends, ER, Frasier, Law & Order before they made a dozen spin-offs, Cheers, Seinfeld, and many others that were all good. Now, it is the Office, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, Medium, Heroes, Celebrity Apprentice. All of which are more like niche shows. Not everyone likes them, and there isn't that mass appeal.

Look at the somewhat new programming these days that is enjoyed by the mainstream. They are on ABC, CBS, and Fox. ABC has Lost, Desperate Housewives, Dancing with the Stars, The Bachelor, and Grey's Anatomy. Fox has 24, American Idol, House, Hell's Kitchen, and even Prison Break to some degree. CBS has CSI and the spinoffs, How I met your Mother, Two and a Half Men, The Unit, NCIS, and even Survivor and Amazing race for the folks that like those type shows. Even the smaller networks like CW have been getting in on good shows. NBC, even though there are several shows I like, has sort of gone way downhill in the last decade or so.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-08-2009 08:41 AM

well i was really thinking Kings was going to be a mainstay for NBC. I think it still can, if this new time slot can nab up the Christian crowd. Sunday nights a lot of church folks aren't watching TV.

the show is excellent, it has been getting rave reviews, but people just aren't watching. It's sad.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - RDA Trojan - 04-08-2009 09:02 AM

(04-08-2009 08:41 AM)Trojan Delta Chi Wrote:  well i was really thinking Kings was going to be a mainstay for NBC. I think it still can, if this new time slot can nab up the Christian crowd. Sunday nights a lot of church folks aren't watching TV.

the show is excellent, it has been getting rave reviews, but people just aren't watching. It's sad.

The main problem with being on NBC on Sunday night is that they broadcast the NFL Sunday night game. And they are up against things like awards shows, the Extreme Home Makeover/Desperate Housewives lineup on ABC, and most folks are getting ready for the next week and not watching a lot of TV. They should stick it in one of the primetime spots mid-week. Or even on Monday nights. Not a lot is on Monday nights.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-08-2009 10:55 AM

well maybe Saturday night will be better for it. I wish they'd throw it in there as a key show in a weekday primetime lineup. It is good enough to be a major NBC show.

some promotion would also be helpful. it seems like NBC has just decided the show is a bust. If they'd get some buzz going people would watch. Mucully Cullkin (sp?) will be guest staring this week as the formerly banished nephew of King Silas Benjamin. Should be good. The king and his cousin, an extremely wealthy media mogul, are at odds and the uncle is backing Prince Jack Benjamin in a future cue. Perhaps Mr. Home Alone will play a role in that. It'd be cool if he became a fixture in the show.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-08-2009 11:51 AM

I challenge everyone on here to watch Kings this coming Sunday at 7 CST. If you are concerned about not knowing what is going on, you can watch full episodes or get episode recaps in text at http://www.nbc.com/kings

If you watch the show, you will be hooked. I promise. I'll post a poll on here next Monday to guage everyone's opinion. If the poll shows that there are more people who DIDN't like it, I will never again promote the show on here. But, if the poll shows that people DID like it, well, you all win because you now have a new show to watch!

What do you all say? Do we have a deal? One hour of your life for the sake of possibly saving a great show. Oh, and if you ALL watch the show, Wright Waters will crap his pants during his next press conference. Come on, you know that'd be funny!

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - condray - 04-08-2009 12:11 PM

Well, if you can promise that WW craps his pants, then I'm all in!

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - RDA Trojan - 04-08-2009 12:13 PM

(04-08-2009 12:11 PM)condray Wrote:  Well, if you can promise that WW craps his pants, then I'm all in!

Same here. But what I want to know is does he give away another blackberry before he craps them? Cause I don't think I'd want it afterwards.

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - condray - 04-08-2009 12:15 PM

I bet he gets us another awesome ESPN deal first!! 03-wink

RE: OT: "Kings" on NBC - Burn the Horse - 04-08-2009 01:52 PM

If by awesome you mean terrible and ultimately embarresing, than sure...I can see that being a real possibility.