CSNbbs
Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball (/thread-345322.html)

Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - galojah - 02-07-2009 08:14 PM

According to WKU's Athletics Director, the SBC is going back to travel partners for basketball next season.

THANK YOU!

It only makes sense if you are going to Florida to play FIU that you should stay down there and play FAU, doing a Thu/Sat deal.

Travel costs have to have gone up for everyone with this crazy schedules we've had the last couple years.

RE: Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - posterchild - 02-08-2009 04:44 PM

Sounds like a good idea. It is funny how nothing escapes the effects of the dwindling economy....

RE: Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - galojah - 02-08-2009 05:10 PM

It just makes sense. This was how our scheduling used to be done, but then the coaches didn't want more than two road games in a row. So, they went a different direction. This just makes much more sense for costs and fans who travel. A Thu/Sat FIU/FAU swing trip becomes very tempting to me.

RE: Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - Hilltopper2K - 02-08-2009 05:26 PM

(02-08-2009 05:10 PM)galojah Wrote:  It just makes sense. This was how our scheduling used to be done, but then the coaches didn't want more than two road games in a row. So, they went a different direction. This just makes much more sense for costs and fans who travel. A Thu/Sat FIU/FAU swing trip becomes very tempting to me.

Me too. Southwest is cheap and Miami in February sounds darn good.

RE: Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - Cajunman02 - 02-08-2009 08:46 PM

It will also be nice if the SBC would send WKU down south. 2009-2010 season will make 6 out of the last 9 seasons the Cajuns travel to Bowling Green for a regular season game.

Oh and how the F can you only schedule UNO and UL (teams in the same freakin division) for one game? SBC basketball scheduling is pathetic!

RE: Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - UNOPrivatr13 - 02-09-2009 12:01 AM

(02-08-2009 08:46 PM)Cajunman02 Wrote:  Oh and how the F can you only schedule UNO and UL (teams in the same freakin division) for one game? SBC basketball scheduling is pathetic!

Ummm, we play twice. We beat you guys in Lakefront on January 8th and we play at the Cajundome on February 22nd.

I agree about Western, though. We had them at home last year, but have played in Bowling Green the other four of the last five years.

RE: Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - Cajunman02 - 02-09-2009 07:41 AM

(02-09-2009 12:01 AM)UNOPrivatr13 Wrote:  
(02-08-2009 08:46 PM)Cajunman02 Wrote:  Oh and how the F can you only schedule UNO and UL (teams in the same freakin division) for one game? SBC basketball scheduling is pathetic!

Ummm, we play twice. We beat you guys in Lakefront on January 8th and we play at the Cajundome on February 22nd.

I agree about Western, though. We had them at home last year, but have played in Bowling Green the other four of the last five years.

I'm talking about the 2009-2010 season.

RE: Back to Travel Partners for next year in basketball - galojah - 02-09-2009 09:37 AM

Surely you play UNO twice. You play everyone in your division twice and one team from the east twice.