CSNbbs
US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! (/thread-309101.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - flyingswoosh - 08-10-2008 10:52 PM

It's the maginot line all over again. The french choke once more. That was an incredible finish. I usually hate watching swimming, but the last 50 meters was incredible.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - JoltinJacket - 08-11-2008 08:06 AM

Suck it, Frenchies!

01-france
01-france 01-france
01-france 01-france 01-france
01-france 01-france 01-france 01-france
01-france 01-france 01-france
01-france 01-france
01-france

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - Rebel - 08-11-2008 08:22 AM

[Image: frenchman-crying.jpg]

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - BhamHoosier - 08-11-2008 01:46 PM

Alain Bernard's new nickname is escargot. nice job Lezak!!

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - flyingswoosh - 08-11-2008 02:07 PM

BhamHoosier Wrote:Alain Bernard's new nickname is escargot. nice job Lezak!!

i doubt he'll be trash talking much anymore.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - GRPunk - 08-11-2008 03:09 PM

Are we all that happy about a gold in swimming or a little pissed France was right on the war in Iraq?

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - GrayBeard - 08-11-2008 03:27 PM

GRPunk Wrote:Are we all that happy about a gold in swimming or a little pissed France was right on the war in Iraq?

Happy about the Gold.

If you think France's opposition to the invasion of Iraq was anything more than them trying to protect their illegal contracts (in anticipation of the embargo being lifted) you are sadly mistaken.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - flyingswoosh - 08-11-2008 03:57 PM

GRPunk Wrote:Are we all that happy about a gold in swimming or a little pissed France was right on the war in Iraq?

20 years from now we'll be happy that Bush went at the terrorists instead of waiting for them to come to us, like carter loves to do. I like to compare bush to Dumbledore and Chirac to Cornelius Fudge at the end of Goblet of Fire.

and yes, it is about the gold. did you see that freakin race!

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - GRPunk - 08-11-2008 06:22 PM

It was a great race, and I pulled for the U.S. the whole time. I'd love to see Phelps win all 8 golds. However, the tone being used made me sense a touch of anger at a country that avoided a $600 billion dollar mistake, that has also cost 3366 lives and many more casualties. On the other hand, has anybody seen the price of gas lately?

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - flyingswoosh - 08-11-2008 06:31 PM

GRPunk Wrote:It was a great race, and I pulled for the U.S. the whole time. I'd love to see Phelps win all 8 golds. However, the tone being used made me sense a touch of anger at a country that avoided a $600 billion dollar mistake, that has also cost 3366 lives and many more casualties. On the other hand, has anybody seen the price of gas lately?

the french have been pathetic for a long time. the last war they succeeded in was the revolutionary war.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - GRPunk - 08-11-2008 06:34 PM

I wish it wasn't so, but our track record aint too hot either.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - flyingswoosh - 08-11-2008 07:47 PM

GRPunk Wrote:I wish it wasn't so, but our track record aint too hot either.

yeah, i guess WW1, WW2, korea, vietnam, and iraq aren't good enough. I guess we should be more like the kind hearted french who had freakin colonies as recently as 50 years ago. They're lucky we were there to bail them out of that one.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - blah - 08-11-2008 09:09 PM

GRPunk Wrote:It was a great race, and I pulled for the U.S. the whole time. I'd love to see Phelps win all 8 golds. However, the tone being used made me sense a touch of anger at a country that avoided a $600 billion dollar mistake, that has also cost 3366 lives and many more casualties. On the other hand, has anybody seen the price of gas lately?

It is more dangerous to live in Detroit than fight in Iraq....

01-france 01-france 01-france 01-france 01-france

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - GRPunk - 08-11-2008 09:09 PM

I'm thinking we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - Rebel - 08-11-2008 09:46 PM

Yeah, tell France to call us the next time they're invaded. We're Americans. We always enjoy a good laugh.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - Rebel - 08-11-2008 09:46 PM

BTW, stop being a pu55y.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - jh - 08-11-2008 09:48 PM

flyingswoosh Wrote:It's the maginot line all over again. The french choke once more. That was an incredible finish. I usually hate watching swimming, but the last 50 meters was incredible.

I don't see how you can call breaking the old world record, only to be beaten by a guy swimming the fastest split in history, a choke.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - Rebel - 08-11-2008 09:48 PM

GRPunk Wrote:I wish it wasn't so, but our track record aint too hot either.

We have many exiting flights daily. Take your pick.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - Rebel - 08-11-2008 09:50 PM

jh Wrote:
flyingswoosh Wrote:It's the maginot line all over again. The french choke once more. That was an incredible finish. I usually hate watching swimming, but the last 50 meters was incredible.

I don't see how you can call breaking the old world record, only to be beaten by a guy swimming the fastest split in history, a choke.

You're right. They didn't choke. They were just substandard compared to the Americans.

RE: US relay team stuns those dirty frogs!! - flyingswoosh - 08-11-2008 09:59 PM

umm, let's see. the french were the supposed favorite and bernard had a body length lead going into the final 35-40 meters. tell me how that's not a choke.