CSNbbs
Why does CUSA hate TCU while - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: Why does CUSA hate TCU while (/thread-25839.html)

Pages: 1 2

- broncobob - 04-08-2004 12:21 PM

There is a lot of venom towards TCU from the remaining CUSA teams. There is no such hatred of SMU, TU or Rice from the remaining WAC teams.

Why?

- Minerfanatic - 04-08-2004 01:39 PM

They hate TCU because they left a regional conference to joun a conference in another time zone. Furthermore TCU simply used C-USA has a stepping stone to the MWC. They used all the attention C-USA got them to audition for other conferences. Fact of the matter is if C-USA wouldn't have invited SMU TCU wouldn't have left. I think we all understood why the E-WAC left it was in their best interest and much more appealing to their alumni. Plus unlike TCU the E-WAC schools have taken pot shots at the WAC. TCU has on many occasuions since they announced they are leaving publically trashed C-USA. I feel bad however for the E-WAC with all the defections this is not what they signed up for.

- broncobob - 04-08-2004 02:06 PM

Nice Summary Fanatic. I agree totally. There is a lot of hatred between TCU and CUSA members now. It should be an interesting lame duck season for them.

We are still very friendly with the EWAC teams that are leaving. It is a no brainer decision for them. Kind of fell bad for LaTech if they get left in the WAC as the only Eastern team.

- Cane Gang - 04-08-2004 02:52 PM

Try telling your girlfriend of several years who lives in your neighborhood and has treated you well that you're leaving her to get back together with an ex-girlfriend (who stabbed you in the back, dumped you, and now lives two states away) because your ex- is better than her. See how well she takes it... 03-wink

Tulsa, SMU and Rice are leaving for a conference that makes more sense geographically, and the schools out west would do the same, no hard feelings. TCU is leaving for a conference that makes LESS sense because they think their new home is better than their current home.

- SportsDawg - 04-08-2004 03:44 PM

TCU seems to be running away from SMU! Maybe they think SMU will eventually catch up and pass them if they are on a level playing field.

- Minerfanatic - 04-08-2004 04:39 PM

SMU has alot of potential. Alot of people don't relize SMU has an endowment of over a billion dolllars. When their alumni get seriuous about winning they will a scary program and surpass TCU overnight.

- HerdZoned - 04-08-2004 05:02 PM

SportsDawg Wrote:TCU seems to be running away from SMU! Maybe they think SMU will eventually catch up and pass them if they are on a level playing field.
Kind of.... They are, Let me give you the inside reason TCU is gone. There are 2 TCU Boosters who are "BIG MONEY DONORS" when I mean big I mean they give millions a year, and they absolutly "HATE SMU". They said to get out of a conf with SMU or the well will run dry. No more money. This could be devistating to a "PRIVATE SCHOOL" so TCU done the only thing it could to for survival it switched conf. . END OF STORY.

I love to tease TCUites by saying "TCU is looking for that Big 12 Invite thats never going to come."

And for all we know it could be true.

- L.J. - 04-08-2004 08:30 PM

The problem that most C-USA fans have with TCU is this. When C-USA expanion was being discussed, TCU sat at the table with everyone else smiling, and even lobbied for the inclusion of SMU, Rice and Tulsa.

Not once did they raise a hand and say, "Hey guys our alumni may not like that SMU deal." Not once did they pull Britton Banowski aside and say, "Hey B, you know our donors will have an ape fit over this SMU deal."

They sat there smiling voted for the inclusion of SMU then, jumped ship. That is why most of us damn their eyes to hell.

- HerdZoned - 04-08-2004 11:51 PM

What L.J. said

- SportsDawg - 04-09-2004 08:40 AM

So TCU is Scum!

Thanks for the background. I agree what they did was dispicable!

Another reason to bash the MWC!

- Cane Gang - 04-09-2004 10:25 AM

SportsDawg Wrote:So TCU is Scum!

Thanks for the background. I agree what they did was dispicable!

Another reason to bash the MWC!
The MWC totally screwed up by not inviting the Broncos. You guys have outstanding football and good hoops, great facilities, and are a perfect geographic fit (gee, actually IN the mountains).

The problem is that you went into Provo and spanked BYU. The MWC is scared of you guys, plain and simple.

- lauramac - 04-09-2004 10:32 AM

Cane Gang Wrote:Try telling your girlfriend of several years who lives in your neighborhood and has treated you well that you're leaving her to get back together with an ex-girlfriend (who stabbed you in the back, dumped you, and now lives two states away) because your ex- is better than her. See how well she takes it... 03-wink
You forgot the bit where the ex is really, really, REALLY slutty. :D Other than that, you're dead-on.

- tigercat - 04-13-2004 10:17 AM

lauramac Wrote:
Cane Gang Wrote:Try telling your girlfriend of several years who lives in your neighborhood and has treated you well that you're leaving her to get back together with an ex-girlfriend (who stabbed you in the back, dumped you, and now lives two states away) because your ex- is better than her. See how well she takes it...  03-wink
You forgot the bit where the ex is really, really, REALLY slutty. :D Other than that, you're dead-on.
Another thing TCU did that upset C-USA was to reject the GMAC Bowl because of "exams". They might have been right to use academics as a reason, but the fact is they knew they were going to have exams, they knew they might likely be invited to Mobile, so why did they wait to let EVERYONE know they couldn't and wouldn't go. Imo, the reasons are obvious; 1. a new Bowl in their own stadium (they still couldn't win) and it certainly cooled Mobile toward C-USA, and those bowl officials might not renew with C-USA because of the actions of a lame duck TCU (I say lameduck, because I feel that the TCU administration knew they were likely gone to the
Mountain Goat Conference. The good thing about it, TCU will learn to their dismay what a horrible decision that was. Time will tell!

Goodluck to all in the WAC, and hope things work out for all you folks. We non BCSers need to stick together. I think most realize that.

- HerdZoned - 04-13-2004 11:22 AM

Tigercat I think anyone that hosts a bowl game shouldn't be elgible for that bowl. That includes Hawaii, LA Tech and Boise. I know Hawaii somehow wormed their way in to the Hawii bowl each year if they are elgible. I don't think that should be right.

- Cane Gang - 04-13-2004 11:42 AM

HerdZoned Wrote:Tigercat I think anyone that hosts a bowl game shouldn't be elgible for that bowl. That includes Hawaii, LA Tech and Boise. I know Hawaii somehow wormed their way in to the Hawii bowl each year if they are elgible. I don't think that should be right.
La Tech? 03-confused

What bowl do they host? Did you mean Fresno State (who all but owns the Silicon Valley Classic)?

- broncobob - 04-13-2004 05:55 PM

Easy Mistake to Make...Fresno and LaTech are both Bulldogs!

- HerdZoned - 04-13-2004 06:48 PM

No Im talking about the independece bowl. LA Tech went to the independence bowl not to long ago. And they consider that stadium their 2nd home. I don't think when either conf can fill that spot I don't think Tech should be able too.

- Cane Gang - 04-13-2004 11:24 PM

HerdZoned Wrote:No Im talking about the independece bowl. LA Tech went to the independence bowl not to long ago. And they consider that stadium their 2nd home. I don't think when either conf can fill that spot I don't think Tech should be able too.
There's no such agreement between the IB and La Tech about filling one of the BCS conference's slots if they don't have enough bowl eligible teams. If there was one, I would've heard about it, being in the WAC and in this part of the country.

La Tech doesn't have anything to do with the Independence Bowl Game. They rent the stadium for a regular home game most years, but that has nothing to do with the postseason bowl.

- draak ijveraar - 04-14-2004 02:11 PM

L.J. Wrote:The problem that most C-USA fans have with TCU is this. When C-USA expanion was being discussed, TCU sat at the table with everyone else smiling, and even lobbied for the inclusion of SMU, Rice and Tulsa.

Not once did they raise a hand and say, "Hey guys our alumni may not like that SMU deal." Not once did they pull Britton Banowski aside and say, "Hey B, you know our donors will have an ape fit over this SMU deal."

They sat there smiling voted for the inclusion of SMU then, jumped ship. That is why most of us damn their eyes to hell.
Its much worse than that. CUSA was in talks with Toledo, Miami, and Northern Ill but chose Rice, SMU, and Tulsa because TCU wanted them. The TCU president was the main force behind bringing SMU, Rice, and Tulsa in. So the eastern schools bite the bullet and bring in the Texas schools to make TCU happy and then TCY leaves because we added SMU and Rice.
THAT IS WHY I HATE TCU.

- KingBronco - 04-14-2004 02:55 PM

I can understand you hostility towards TCU.

Can CUSA change their mind and give Rice, SMU and Tulsa back to the WAC.

Maybe CUSA should disband, then reform in the 12 team configeration that would make the most sense.