CSNbbs
63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! (/thread-239074.html)

63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - ultramagnus - 06-26-2007 10:51 AM

02-13-banana

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - Six Pack - 06-26-2007 11:19 AM

I think we could find 22 guys on this board and be competative against Nevada Southern. Not saying we would win, but we'd probably cover the spread.

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - ultramagnus - 06-26-2007 11:25 AM

I sincerely hope that is true. 04-cheers

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - Six Pack - 06-26-2007 11:57 AM

I think the Blue Ags win this one...Nevada Southern was terrible last year with little hope of improving. The Pack faithful will be rooting for you guys!

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - ejmpalle - 06-27-2007 09:58 AM

Six Pack Wrote:I think the Blue Ags win this one...Nevada Southern was terrible last year with little hope of improving. The Pack faithful will be rooting for you guys!

Our entire season depends on who starts at QB in this game and how the o-line blocks. If we gain confidence from this game, then 4 wins is within grasp and we're on top of the world! 04-jawdrop

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - kingpotato - 06-27-2007 11:17 AM

These are the kind of games that can really help the WAC. It isn't a stretch to say USU and Idaho are in the rebuilding process and although UNLV and NIU aren't great wins they do much to improve the overall strength of the conference.

It'd be a nice little building block for the NoAgs.

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - ejmpalle - 06-27-2007 12:08 PM

kingpotato Wrote:These are the kind of games that can really help the WAC. It isn't a stretch to say USU and Idaho are in the rebuilding process and although UNLV and NIU aren't great wins they do much to improve the overall strength of the conference.

It'd be a nice little building block for the NoAgs.

We've beaten them many, many times before. It wouldn't be a ground breaking achievement for us to beat them. However, it's a must-win game for us. It's the easiest game on our schedule, IMO, and we can't afford to lose it.

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - kingpotato - 06-27-2007 01:01 PM

ejmpalle Wrote:It wouldn't be a ground breaking achievement for us to beat them.

I agree. That's why I didn't say it would be. I think I said it "would be a nice building block" in the "rebuilding" process.

I know that Utah State is traditionally stronger than UNLV, but coming off of a 1-11 season every win helps. That's all I was saying.

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - ejmpalle - 06-27-2007 02:30 PM

kingpotato Wrote:
ejmpalle Wrote:It wouldn't be a ground breaking achievement for us to beat them.

I agree. That's why I didn't say it would be. I think I said it "would be a nice building block" in the "rebuilding" process.

I know that Utah State is traditionally stronger than UNLV, but coming off of a 1-11 season every win helps. That's all I was saying.

I know, but there are only a few teams that USU owns, and I use every chance I can get to play that tune. 03-weeping03-melodramatic

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - kingpotato - 06-27-2007 03:45 PM

It would be great if every WAC school could go 4-0 out of conference. Baby steps aren't a bad thing. Right now, although not ideal, if Idaho, NMSU and USU could grab one D-1A OOC win that would be an improvement.

I think there is a very good chance that all three get at least one OOC win.

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - ultramagnus - 06-28-2007 10:41 AM

ejmpalle Wrote:
Six Pack Wrote:I think the Blue Ags win this one...Nevada Southern was terrible last year with little hope of improving. The Pack faithful will be rooting for you guys!

Our entire season depends on who starts at QB in this game and how the o-line blocks. If we gain confidence from this game, then 4 wins is within grasp and we're on top of the world! 04-jawdrop

Ejmpalle, I assume you are saying we lose this game if Leon starts, but isn't he 2-0 against the Webels? I can't remember if he played in the last game in LV or not.

RE: 63 days til Utah State beats UNLV! - ejmpalle - 06-28-2007 11:29 AM

ultramagnus Wrote:Ejmpalle, I assume you are saying we lose this game if Leon starts, but isn't he 2-0 against the Webels? I can't remember if he played in the last game in LV or not.

Nope, he didn't play in LV. That was Travis Cox.

http://utahstateaggies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/092604aab.html

I think he's capable of beating UNLV, but I'm much less comfortable with saying we'll beat them with him at QB. We have to have a QB who is a passing threat to reach our potential as a team.