CSNbbs
Timmy Chang/Hawaii - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Timmy Chang/Hawaii (/thread-14213.html)

- kalca - 07-21-2004 01:59 PM

I don't know anything about them except the Holiday Bowls they've played. They run that spread formation w/4 wide sometimes.
Is there anyone who have seen them stopped in person or whose team has defeated him?. How was it done during Chang's career.

Just curious because we/FAU, open up with them at their place.

Thanks.

- untbowler - 07-21-2004 03:54 PM

Hawaii typically has a weak defense so there is your chance, but there offense means your DB's need to have their track shoes on and oxygen masks ready to catch their breath.

Best of luck!!
04-cheers

- SwampHound - 07-21-2004 07:01 PM

I remember when the "run & shoot" was in vogue in the USFL and NFL. When the QB is on it is tough to stop, when he is not :rolleyes:

- kalca - 07-21-2004 07:52 PM

I remember it from "back in the day" too. Jim Kelly ran it at the Gamblers in Houston and didn't the Houston Oilers run a version of it w/Warren Moon?
San Fran and Bill Walsh dubbed it the West Coast Offense. Modified of course.

Our DB's will need track shoes for that one. I'd say that the Will Backers may be the busiest that day if we call it right. Strong side backers may be his pawns(decision on who he throws to) because he's looking at them.

Looking at last year's team I think that we can put up some points on the defense.

- DanielDeVore - 07-27-2004 12:56 AM

Tulsa shut him down pretty good last year! Had his timing off all night long I think he threw for like only 181 yards.

- kalca - 07-27-2004 11:32 AM

DanielDeVore Wrote:Tulsa shut him down pretty good last year! Had his timing off all night long I think he threw for like only 181 yards.
Did they blitz blind side a lot? Or did Tulsa's DL just play great defense?