CSNbbs
Sun Belt completes sweep of the MAC!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Sun Belt completes sweep of the MAC!! (/thread-13563.html)

- Guest - 10-02-2004 05:52 PM

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Way to represent Vandals! I can't believe EMU was a 14-point favorite even though they lost to 1-AA Eastern Illinois last Saturday!

Good Job, Idaho, for putting the MAC in their place!!! :bluethumb: </span></span></span>

- NT75 - 10-04-2004 04:16 AM

The thread on MACbbs about this is heating up! :eek: :D

- Cajunman02 - 10-04-2004 09:42 AM

Well, what can you say? The MAC ain't too happy with the teams that have lost to the SBC. Here's to next year when we shut out the MAC again! 04-cheers

- Guest - 10-05-2004 02:20 PM

<span style='font-family:Times'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>Well, this is what pisses me off about Sagarin and his ratings.

First off, Troy has beaten a nationally-ranked team from the Big 12. The MAC has no wins over nationally-ranked teams this season.

The MAC's only three non-conference victories this year were Toledo's win over Temple, Bowling Green's win over Temple, and Ohio's win over Kentucky.

Not to mention that a top MAC team lost to a top Sun Belt team, a middle-of-the-road MAC team was beaten by a middle-of-the-road Sun Belt team, and a bad MAC team was beaten by a bad Sun Belt team which suggests the Sun Belt is showing itself to be better than the MAC from top to bottom.

With that said, I want to know how in the hell the MAC leaped over the Sun Belt in the RPI standings by more than a point?</span></span></span>

- Cajunman02 - 10-05-2004 04:39 PM

Who the hell cares about the Saragin Ratings. Like all polls, its pointless!!

- SwampHound - 10-05-2004 08:26 PM

Cajunman02 Wrote:Who the hell cares about the Saragin Ratings.&nbsp; Like all polls, its pointless!!
Prime example, CollegeFootballPoll.com and their rankings. We (Cajuns) are ranked # 101 with a 3-2 record. Middle Tennessee is ranked ahead of us at # 99 with a 1-3 record. Now I realize that one of our wins is against a 1-AA team (NW State) and another is against FIU (transitional 1-A team) but our third win is against the Blue Raiders ranked 2 spots ahead of us. MT's only win is against Akron who is ranked lower than both the Cajuns and MT at # 106, WTF 03-confused