CSNbbs
South Alabama football??? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: South Alabama football??? (/thread-13459.html)

- UofMemphis - 11-10-2004 07:02 PM

the Sun Belt should get University of South Alabama to start a football program...they have a good population base in Mobile...a stadium already built in Ladd Peebles...and they just built a 10,000 seat basketball arena in 1999...this is a program on the rise and could be a GREAT addition to the Sun Belt.

Ladd Peebles...
[Image: mobile_ladd_peebles.jpg]
Mitchell Center Arena...
[Image: mitchell-center-high-view-g.jpg]

i really think it would work...and the city of Mobile loves sports.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

- Cajunman02 - 11-10-2004 11:01 PM

It's been brought up on other SBC boards, but USA just doesn't feel they are ready to start their football program. For now, they are pleased with their basketball and baseball programs.

- UofMemphis - 11-11-2004 11:35 PM

that just doesn't make sense to me...they have a good facility...they would be a shoe-in for the Sun Belt...and the city of Mobile would support it...they have even had a study done...it suggested they start a football program.

oh well... 03-confused 03-confused

Go Tigers!!!
Drew

- studentfan - 11-12-2004 01:27 PM

To each their own, if they don't want to start one then there's nothing we can do. I think once they do start one they will realize how much money it could bring in for them. Hopefully they'll decide to start one, but you never know.

- galojah - 11-12-2004 10:23 PM

They did a "study" on this topic and I think even explored interest in season tickets, and the conclusion was no football. This was maybe 2 years ago?

- rideOrDieTop - 11-13-2004 12:33 AM

Was that before or after Troy announced they would join the SBC? I bet Troy would give SA a sellout and vice versa.

- galojah - 11-13-2004 12:53 PM

It was before.

- UofMemphis - 11-14-2004 02:50 PM

Quote:They did a "study" on this topic and I think even explored interest in season tickets, and the conclusion was no football.

<a href='http://www.southalabama.edu/football1.html' target='_blank'>USA Football Fasibility Study</a>

9. Consultants’ Final Recommendation

The University of South Alabama has made great strides in overall growth in its relatively brief history. However, with its expanded emphasis on institutional advancement and creative partnerships with its constituents for the future, the University appears to be positioned to achieve new levels of excellence and recognition. Therefore, the Consultants conclude that adding football is consistent with the overall institutional advancement of the University of South Alabama and recommends that the University begin the process.

Go Tigers!!!
Drew