Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Just for fun: Who’s the oldest mofo on here? Csnbbs history
Bookmark and Share
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
Just for fun: Who’s the oldest mofo on here? Csnbbs history
I’ve been on this board since 2003, the golden age of chat boards. Other class of 2003 peeps include Redwing Tom and Schade. Motown Bronco’s been here since 2002. Axeme’s been around as long as me. Kit-Cat in various incarnations before he became an AI bot. Chippewa Enema still comes around a bit, no? Epasnoopy’s been around a long time. Lots of others.

There was a board before this that a bunch of us were on, then we migrated over here. There were characters like Queen Amidala and Oddball. They bailed in some schism or other. I think they were a real-life couple. Millennium Falcon was someone.

Then there was Vandelay Internet Sports. Was that the host of the original board? Guy used to write up in-depth game predictions every week. Even on this site, I think. And Dave, was a big EMU fan, not sure what became of him. Good writer. I remember sparring with the UCF fringe during their short stay. The Knight Time was a particular pest. Guess he won the long game.

What I’m saying is it’s amazing this thing has existed all these years. Over 21! Old enough to drink. People have come and gone, some folks have met in real life. Cheers to GA Tech Swagger if he’s still the guy who runs this. Amazing creation. Hard to find stability in the modern world, but the puking emoji is still there, older than my kid.
04-19-2024 03:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Just for fun: Who’s the oldest mofo on here? Csnbbs history
Boy, where did all the time go?? I was never on previous boards. I was a student when I joined these boards. Didn't really have internet before college except for computer class in high school. This was the time flip phones didn't exist--just your boring dumb phones with the snake game on them (Nokia phones), dial-up internet, mp3s, and baja men "who let the dogs out"...
04-19-2024 04:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Well, have an older cnsbbs login, Oct 2005. When the story broke that UMass was first joining as a FB only team, was so excited and forgot the the 's' was not capitalized created the login that I use today. So been here since October 2005, but since the Herald story about UMass joining the MAC on November 30, 2010, use this login than the one immediately following this post.
https://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=466563&page=1
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024 09:56 PM by Steve1981.)
04-19-2024 04:53 PM
steve81 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
Here it is
04-19-2024 04:54 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I'm a relative latecomer (or is it newcomer?) to the board (2007).

But at 70 I may be contender for the thread title.
04-20-2024 08:02 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Don't forget me. Check my info on the stub. I (quietly) celebrated 20 years earlier this year.
04-20-2024 08:11 AM
Advertisement

Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(04-19-2024 03:30 PM)MacLord Wrote:  I’ve been on this board since 2003, the golden age of chat boards. Other class of 2003 peeps include Redwing Tom and Schade.

A great year for MAC football that was.

Did (or do, I suppose) you use a different moniker on the AZZ board? (I'm pretty sure RedWingTom never posts there anymore, and I've really cut back lately.)
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024 08:58 AM by Schadenfreude.)
04-20-2024 08:54 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
Visitor for a few years. Officially joined March 2004. Started following UT Basketball when they upset#1 NYU. Then UT FB during the Rockets' first MAC Championship.
04-20-2024 09:06 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
I’ve been on this board for some time also !!
Went under the Fort Meigs Rocket moniker before switching over to FMRocket …
- Probably from 2007 on until now …
Always like to visit other conference boards to get a feel of their level of respect or disrespect they have for the MAC …
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2024 09:58 AM by FMRocket.)
04-20-2024 09:56 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(04-19-2024 03:30 PM)MacLord Wrote:  I’ve been on this board since 2003, the golden age of chat boards. Other class of 2003 peeps include Redwing Tom and Schade. Motown Bronco’s been here since 2002. Axeme’s been around as long as me. Kit-Cat in various incarnations before he became an AI bot. Chippewa Enema still comes around a bit, no? Epasnoopy’s been around a long time. Lots of others.

There was a board before this that a bunch of us were on, then we migrated over here. There were characters like Queen Amidala and Oddball. They bailed in some schism or other. I think they were a real-life couple. Millennium Falcon was someone.

Then there was Vandelay Internet Sports. Was that the host of the original board? Guy used to write up in-depth game predictions every week. Even on this site, I think. And Dave, was a big EMU fan, not sure what became of him. Good writer. I remember sparring with the UCF fringe during their short stay. The Knight Time was a particular pest. Guess he won the long game.

What I’m saying is it’s amazing this thing has existed all these years. Over 21! Old enough to drink. People have come and gone, some folks have met in real life. Cheers to GA Tech Swagger if he’s still the guy who runs this. Amazing creation. Hard to find stability in the modern world, but the puking emoji is still there, older than my kid.

In the late 90s there was a listsever which use to 'blast' out emails to subscribers.

There were other forums, like the MLive forum which was 'hot' for EMU fans er, EMU fans could get hot about everything. 04-chairshot

Then around 2005 or so, EMU fans left that forum, unmoderated forum, and many moved here.
04-20-2024 09:58 AM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-19-2024 04:42 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Boy, where did all the time go?? I was never on previous boards. I was a student when I joined these boards. Didn't really have internet before college except for computer class in high school. This was the time flip phones didn't exist--just your boring dumb phones with the snake game on them (Nokia phones), dial-up internet, mp3s, and baja men "who let the dogs out"...

One of the most fun times was when NIU turned the corner and got some big nationally televised wins over Wake and Maryland. Back when seeing MAC teams on TV was rare and drew big fans at stadiums.
04-20-2024 11:07 AM
Advertisement

MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-20-2024 08:54 AM)Schadenfreude Wrote:  
(04-19-2024 03:30 PM)MacLord Wrote:  I’ve been on this board since 2003, the golden age of chat boards. Other class of 2003 peeps include Redwing Tom and Schade.

A great year for MAC football that was.

Did (or do, I suppose) you use a different moniker on the AZZ board? (I'm pretty sure RedWingTom never posts there anymore, and I've really cut back lately.)

It’s been so long since I checked that board out I can’t even recall if I had an account or what my handle would’ve been. I recall the original founder was selling it, so I tuned out after that.
04-20-2024 11:16 AM
hilltopper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Akron Zips
I've been here since 2002. I am mainly a lurker but I do occasionally post. In earlier years it was more frequent.
04-20-2024 12:14 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(04-19-2024 03:30 PM)MacLord Wrote:  I’ve been on this board since 2003, the golden age of chat boards. ...

Lawdie, I was still in Oz in 2003, and my following of American college "gridiron" (as they call American football) was on hiatus, as I was taking the kids down to watch the Newcastle Breakers soccer club and my youngest was starting to dream dreams of soccer glory. The chat board I was on was more focused on how soccer could raise its standing in the Ozzie sporting landscape than on conference realignment.
04-20-2024 12:33 PM
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
(04-20-2024 09:56 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  I’ve been on this board for some time also !!
Always like to visit other conference boards to get a feel of their level of respect or disrespect they have for the MAC …

I recall the Fort Meigs moniker from way back!
04-20-2024 02:28 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
I’ve been on here since 2005
04-20-2024 05:02 PM
Advertisement

axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
May 2002.

Seen it all.
04-20-2024 07:27 PM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(04-20-2024 02:28 PM)MacLord Wrote:  
(04-20-2024 09:56 AM)FMRocket Wrote:  I’ve been on this board for some time also !!

1813?
04-21-2024 09:20 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(04-21-2024 09:20 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(04-20-2024 02:28 PM)MacLord Wrote:  

1813?

Yeah I’m about a nine iron shot from the Fort …
(Meigs on the River) !!
Pass it everyday going way back !! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2024 01:15 PM by FMRocket.)
04-21-2024 01:08 PM
bobcat_backer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OHIO
Joined in 2005, 19 years here. What do I get for my 20 year anniversary next year? lol
04-22-2024 09:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.