UC 25
04-09-2024 04:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma State
RE: ESPN too early 2025 rankings in BB
WTH? I thought you UC guys were reporting that half your team is in the portal, and they other half isn't worth keeping.
04-09-2024 11:19 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(04-09-2024 11:19 AM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  WTH? I thought you UC guys were reporting that half your team is in the portal, and they other half isn't worth keeping.

Try reading. A center that hardly played the second half of the year Viktor Lahkin is in the portal and and may play in Europe. Another center (Reynolds) who is lazy and low skill is gone to USF. The third center Bandaogo is testing the NBA waters and will find them cold and will return.

James, Thomas, Skillings, Lukosious are 4 starters and all are returning. A top 100 RS and 2 new top 100's are joining.

I expect 2 or 3 transfers in.

04-09-2024 12:03 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(04-09-2024 11:19 AM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  WTH? I thought you UC guys were reporting that half your team is in the portal, and they other half isn't worth keeping.

Nope. The core of UC's team from Big 12 play is coming back next year minus Newman who graduated.

Starting Center will be Back (Aziz)
two starting wings will be back (Simas/Skillings)
Both PGs will be back (Day Day/Jizzle)

The two backup Centers are gone.
3 top 75 recruits (one who redshirted this year) will be here (Griffith/McKinley/Tyler Betsey)
Another backup forward will be back (Josh Reed)

The Bearcats are going to be a top 25 type team with a high ceiling if they hit the portal right.
04-09-2024 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

Here is another "too early" ranking for the B12 from the Oklahoman (OU paper). It includes a summary blurb for each team. (Big12 prediction, NOT Top 25)

Blows my mind looking at the bottom 3 projected teams (Utah, Az State, OState)

Way-too-early 2024-25 Big 12 basketball rankings: Can Oklahoma State avoid last place?
Story by Joe Mussatto, The Oklahoman

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/w...r-BB1lnHke

(how do we get a "pool" going for predicting the 1st and last place teams?)
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2024 01:36 PM by CaliforniaCowboy.)
04-10-2024 11:54 AM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

actually, it seems really silly to try and predict anything until we see what the conference schedule is, and what conf road games we're each facing.

with the B12's dismal history of conference scheduling, this could make it or break it for a couple of teams.
04-10-2024 12:06 PM
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
This was posted on an ISU message board and is from an ISU perspective but it mentioned the other Big 12 schools in all the Way too early top 25 polls.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2024/04/where...y-top-25s/

Sporting News is the highest on the Cyclones, with T.J. Otzelberger’s squad coming in at No. 2 in their rankings. Alabama is the No. 1 there, and Baylor is just behind the Cyclones at No. 5. Houston and Arizona come in at No. 12 and No. 18, respectively, and the outlet is bullish on Kansas, with the Jayhawks at No. 19.

CBS has Iowa State as the No. 3 team in the country, with Houston taking the top spot and North Carolina at No. 2. Kansas is No. 4, with Arizona and BYU at No. 12 and No. 13, respectively. Baylor rounded out the Big 12 programs in the ranking at No. 19.

USA Today has the Cyclones at No. 3 behind Duke and Alabama – putting Iowa State as its top Big 12 team going into the 2024-25 season, as things stand. Kansas is just behind them at No. 4. Other Big 12 teams ranked include No. 10 BYU, No. 11 Baylor, No. 12 Houston, No. 20 Arizona. For what its worth, the outlet ranked No. 22 Indiana State despite the departure of coach Josh Schertz and star Robbie Avila.

The Athletic puts Iowa State at No. 4, behind Duke, Gonzaga and Houston. Kansas is No. 7, Arizona’s at No. 11, BYU’s at No. 13, and Baylor lands at No. 15 in the poll.

ESPN has the Cyclones at No. 5 in the country, behind Duke, Gonzaga, Kansas and UConn. Iowa State is one of seven Big 12 teams slated in the set of rankings, and the conference holds five spots in the outlet’s top 10. Houston came in at No. 7, Arizona at No. 8, Baylor at No. 10, BYU at No. 14, and Cincinnati at No. 25.

Field of 68 slates Iowa State at No. 5 as well, behind Kansas, Alabama, Duke and North Carolina. Six Big 12 teams come in the outlets’ rankings: No. 7 Baylor, No. 8 Houston, No. 12 Arizona and No. 24 Cincinnati.
04-10-2024 01:26 PM
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
Its going to be a great basketball season again in the Big 12. Hopefully the national championship comes from the B12.
04-10-2024 01:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.