Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

35 Worst College Football Stadiums
Bookmark and Share
doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
35 Worst College Football Stadiums
https://boxingnews.com/cl/uncovering-the...3y9nQs69uw

I was surprised to see so many B12 stadiums on the list.

ISU 15
CU 17
BU 22
KU 23
BYU 25
TTU 27
TCU 35

Not having been to any I cannot express an opinion, but was shocked by 7 of 16 being listed.

Of others on the list I have been to:

Miami OH #2 I agree
Tulane #7 I do not agree
Marshall # 11 ambivalent
Toledo #24 I agree
Memphis #29 ambivalent
03-31-2024 11:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: 35 Worst College Football Stadiums
(03-31-2024 11:59 AM)doss2 Wrote:  https://boxingnews.com/cl/uncovering-the...3y9nQs69uw

I was surprised to see so many B12 stadiums on the list.

ISU 15
CU 17
BU 22
KU 23
BYU 25
TTU 27
TCU 35

Not having been to any I cannot express an opinion, but was shocked by 7 of 16 being listed.

Of others on the list I have been to:

Miami OH #2 I agree
Tulane #7 I do not agree
Marshall # 11 ambivalent
Toledo #24 I agree
Memphis #29 ambivalent

Seriously? Not one Big 10 school. Better check the credentials of the ones writing this.

Vanderbilt has the crappiest conditions of any SEC school, yet they pick on Miss State and Missouri?

The small schools listed were a travesty because they have what they can afford. Kudos to them for not wasting money on seats that would be empty or improvements in concessions which weren't necessary.

In the Big 10 take your pick. Purdue, Indiana, Minnesota, Maryland, even Michigan State. Yet not 1 Big 10 school on the list. But they trash small schools in Texas, rag on the Big 12, find of couple of SEC schools to criticize, rag on Marshall and some MAC schools and toss in Duke which while small is nice, FSU which has been renovated and don't mention Pitt, B.C., or Wake.

They lost their cred when Purdue and Vanderbilt didn't pop up in the top 10 and all credibility when neither got mentioned.
03-31-2024 12:39 PM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma State
I didn't click on that link, but Tech has a pretty nice stadium (as does OSU)

and if Cincy isn't on the top of that list, then you know it's bogus.

KU is in the middle of a remodel. TCU and BU recently did a remodel.
03-31-2024 01:09 PM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

LOL - Miss State is on that list because it doesn't compare to other SEC facilities... ROTFLMAO... as is nippert does compare

One of the stadium’s primary shortcomings is its limited seating capacity. While it may have undergone renovations, the seating options remain relatively constrained, which can limit fans’ choices and affect their overall enjoyment of the game.
03-31-2024 01:13 PM
doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

(03-31-2024 01:09 PM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  I didn't click on that link, but Tech has a pretty nice stadium (as does OSU)

Lack of intellectual curiosity. Trash something you did not read or cannot understand.
03-31-2024 05:31 PM
Endless Purple Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TCU UH
A truly incompetent author and article.

Baylor does not use Floyd Casey anymore, and the TCU stadium is still relatively new at barely over 10 years old. It is not some outdated facility.
03-31-2024 11:26 PM
Advertisement

f1do Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: BYU
My issue with the article is it feels like it was written by ChatGBT. Phrases like "grapples with a set of challenges", "can struggle to meet contemporary standards and may leave attendees wanting more" or some variation of this occurs repeatedly and each section is structured extremely similar. It also doesn't really talk specifics about the stadium but instead uses these generalized phrases like "aging infrastructure", "memorable gameday experience", "align itself with modern standards".
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024 06:58 AM by f1do.)
04-01-2024 06:57 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(03-31-2024 01:09 PM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  I didn't click on that link, but Tech has a pretty nice stadium (as does OSU)

LMFAO. Your agenda against Cincinnati is hilarious and just shows how little you know ball. Nippert is awesome. I've been to about 40 stadiums across the country, Nippert kicks ass.
04-01-2024 07:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
We all agree the Worst College Football Stadiums are those Bowl Games that play in a Baseball Stadium, right?

There are awkward distances between front row seats and field. The sightlines are all wrong. Its just an awful experience.
04-01-2024 08:07 AM
bearcatmark Online

(04-01-2024 08:07 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  We all agree the Worst College Football Stadiums are those Bowl Games that play in a Baseball Stadium, right?

There are awkward distances between front row seats and field. The sightlines are all wrong. Its just an awful experience.

The two worst stadiums I have been to are no longer in use... Legion Field in Birmingham, and the Rubber Bowl in Akron.
04-01-2024 08:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(04-01-2024 08:07 AM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  We all agree the Worst College Football Stadiums are those Bowl Games that play in a Baseball Stadium, right?

Georgia State...
04-01-2024 08:29 AM
Advertisement

BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(04-01-2024 07:30 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

LMFAO. Your agenda against Cincinnati is hilarious and just shows how little you know ball. Nippert is awesome. I've been to about 40 stadiums across the country, Nippert kicks ass.

It was totally predictable. I could have told you that he was going to respond that way before I looked at the thread.

Don't feed the trolls.
04-01-2024 08:33 AM
JamesNathan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BYU
(04-01-2024 06:57 AM)f1do Wrote:  My issue with the article is it feels like it was written by ChatGBT. Phrases like "grapples with a set of challenges", "can struggle to meet contemporary standards and may leave attendees wanting more" or some variation of this occurs repeatedly and each section is structured extremely similar. It also doesn't really talk specifics about the stadium but instead uses these generalized phrases like "aging infrastructure", "memorable gameday experience", "align itself with modern standards".

Right? I can't speak to most of the others, but on this one it smacks of generalization and feels like "tell me you've never attended a game at BYU without actually saying it."
04-01-2024 09:54 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
(04-01-2024 08:18 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

The two worst stadiums I have been to are no longer in use... Legion Field in Birmingham, and the Rubber Bowl in Akron.

[Image: usa-today-8192525.0.jpg]

Look at this abomination of a football field awkwardly shoved into a baseball diamond. Look how far the front row seat is for some of these fans.

Baseball Stadiums shouldn’t host Bowl Games or be a Neutral Site.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024 10:26 AM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
04-01-2024 10:25 AM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(03-31-2024 05:31 PM)doss2 Wrote:  

Lack of intellectual curiosity. Trash something you did not read or cannot understand.

I can tell a turd when I see one... the only curiosity would be how bad it really stinks.

Seriously, you don't need to post every dang click-bait story that you fall for on this site.
04-01-2024 10:41 AM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(04-01-2024 07:30 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Not according to the criteria they used against Miss St.... should like they were actually talking about nippert
04-01-2024 10:42 AM
Advertisement

Endless Purple Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TCU UH
(03-31-2024 01:09 PM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  TCU and BU recently did a remodel.

Both are relatively new stadiums, not a remodel. BU being the newer of the two. TCU having additional seating/suites added just the other year.
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2024 11:05 AM by Endless Purple.)
04-01-2024 11:05 AM
RobUCF Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(03-31-2024 11:26 PM)Endless Purple Wrote:  A truly incompetent author and article.

Baylor does not use Floyd Casey anymore, and the TCU stadium is still relatively new at barely over 10 years old. It is not some outdated facility.

I didn't even make it to either of those, I hit #11 Marshall and read:

Joan C. Edwards Stadium, while a relatively recent addition to the college football landscape, grapples with challenges that hinder its competitiveness among Conference USA venues

Really, if you can't name the conference that the school is in, how can I trust you to know all about their stadium and fanbase?
04-01-2024 11:43 AM
bearcatmark Online

Oh it was awful. I skimmed it, noticed the author repeating the same things about a variety of stadiums in the exact same way.
04-01-2024 12:01 PM
doss2 Online
Hall of Famer

(04-01-2024 08:18 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

I agree that Legion Field was BAD. My wife said they did not even have toilet paper in the ladies toilets. That said the Papa John's Bowl began a nice run for UC.

The Rubber Bowl sucked but we won as I recall.

Both have been demolished.
04-01-2024 01:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.