Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC’s Days May Be Numbered…. Which Schools Do We Target?
Bookmark and Share
BraveKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
03-19-2024 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BraveKnight Offline
All American

RE: ACC’s Days May Be Numbered…. Which Schools Do We Target?
Now both Clemson and FSU are suing the ACC, which schools do you think Yormark targets?

NC State? Virginia Tech? Louisville? Pitt?

Or does he go for maximum basketball strength and pick up Duke?

Any chance we want Georgia Tech?
03-19-2024 11:27 AM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma State
Thamel is a freaking idiot.... what exactly is Clemson doing?

FSU was suing for breach of fudiciary duty, which might be hard to win.

What is Clemson doing?
03-19-2024 12:20 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
If FSU and Clem get out to the SEC will the other 15 stay together?

CAL and Standford do not really fit and would love a BIG invite. SMU bought in.

UNC and UV would happily accept a BIG invite.

SMU, Wake, Sadexcuse and BC add could be headed to the AAC.

B12 might want NCS, VT, UL, Pitt.

GT?
03-19-2024 12:41 PM
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
(03-19-2024 12:41 PM)doss2 Wrote:  If FSU and Clem get out to the SEC will the other 15 stay together?

GT?

I'm not sure NC & Va. go to the B1G. Those are new markets for the SEC and I can see the SEC getting them or a NC & Va Tech combo and the B1G in return taking FSU & Miami. The B1G needs football recruiting grounds. The SEC also probably takes Clemson but its hard to find a 4th out of the ACC. Unfortunately, they may take a flier on Kansas. I think the B1G could take Ga. Tech and Va.(if the SEC took Va. tech). That makes the B1G pretty attractive for ND and recruiting.

That leaves the B12 to choose from UL, NC St., Pitt, Syracuse & Duke. In the above scenario where the SEC chooses Kansas the B12 could choose to take them all.
03-19-2024 12:52 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-19-2024 12:52 PM)Win5002 Wrote:  
(03-19-2024 12:41 PM)doss2 Wrote:  If FSU and Clem get out to the SEC will the other 15 stay together?

GT?

I'm not sure NC & Va. go to the B1G. Those are new markets for the SEC and I can see the SEC getting them or a NC & Va Tech combo and the B1G in return taking FSU & Miami. The B1G needs football recruiting grounds. The SEC also probably takes Clemson but its hard to find a 4th out of the ACC. Unfortunately, they may take a flier on Kansas. I think the B1G could take Ga. Tech and Va.(if the SEC took Va. tech). That makes the B1G pretty attractive for ND and recruiting.

That leaves the B12 to choose from UL, NC St., Pitt, Syracuse & Duke. In the above scenario where the SEC chooses Kansas the B12 could choose to take them all.

agree, NC is a fit academically for Big, but feels more like a SEC school. Who the B12 would go after would depend on what SEC/Big decided to do. FSU/ND would be perfect duo for Big. NC/VA for the SEC. who else if anyone would each take/want who knows. For SEC I don't see anyone else that would be a must have. Clemson, NC state, VT, UM could all be ok adds if they had to grab 2 more for 20.

Clemson, UM, VT, NC state, Pitt, UL, and Ga tech could all be great for B12. Just a matter of who is left.
03-19-2024 01:15 PM
Advertisement

CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

The ACC ain't going anywhere
03-19-2024 01:21 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
Louisville and Va Tech at least.

Jackson
03-19-2024 01:21 PM
Win5002 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Big 12 & B1G
(03-19-2024 01:15 PM)goodknightfl Wrote:  
(03-19-2024 12:52 PM)Win5002 Wrote:  

GT?

agree, NC is a fit academically for Big, but feels more like a SEC school. Who the B12 would go after would depend on what SEC/Big decided to do. FSU/ND would be perfect duo for Big. NC/VA for the SEC. who else if anyone would each take/want who knows. For SEC I don't see anyone else that would be a must have. Clemson, NC state, VT, UM could all be ok adds if they had to grab 2 more for 20.

Clemson, UM, VT, NC state, Pitt, UL, and Ga tech could all be great for B12. Just a matter of who is left.

There is no way the B1G stops at two IMO. Think FSU & Miami, and then maybe a Va. & ND or Ga. Tech and ND. They of course would take NC but I think ESPN will want something in return if FSU goes to the B1G with FOX.

The B1G needs the presence in southern states for recruiting.
03-19-2024 01:36 PM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(03-19-2024 01:21 PM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  The ACC ain't going anywhere

This is a fairly good article, and essentially says, 1) FSU / Clemson rulings are a long shot at best, and 2) even if they win some relief, the fees would still likely be prohibitive form most of the other schools to leave. (and 3), most would have no where to go).

[b]What happens now?[/b]
Clemson's lawsuit was filed in South Carolina, making it the third different state where some form of litigation is ongoing about the ACC's grant of rights. Deciding who has jurisdiction is the next big step, and even that is likely months away from a ruling. Once any ruling on venue is made, there are likely to be appeals of that ruling, too. In other words, it's unlikely we'll learn anything about the enforceability of the ACC's exit fees and grant of rights any time soon.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...-explained
03-19-2024 02:18 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

I’d say our priorities should be:

1. Clemson, FSU, UNC, Virginia(if they’re available, probably none of them will be).

2. Miami (Also probably won’t be available but higher chance than the ones above).

3. Virginia Tech, NC State- solid power programs with good fanbases

4. Louisville, Pitt- solid power programs, but a hair less desirable than the ones above.

5. Duke, Georgia Tech- both could be considered based on what route we’d like to take, Duke if Yormark wants to go all in with basketball, GT if we want a more market/football based add.

6. Syracuse- unlikely we’d want them, but if Yormark wants the NYC market like he’s indicated in the past, there’s a slight chance.

7. Boston College, Wake Forest- no chance we take them, little to no value.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024 03:13 PM by BraveKnight.)
03-19-2024 03:12 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Who knows TBH. With everything that is going on we could be looking at a whole new landscape in a couple years from now. Conferences might just be done away with as we know it save for the SEC/B10.
03-19-2024 03:52 PM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(03-19-2024 03:52 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Who knows TBH. With everything that is going on we could be looking at a whole new landscape in a couple years from now. Conferences might just be done away with as we know it save for the SEC/B10.

Exactly. This type of rubbish regurgitation posted in this thread is a sign of college football ignorance.

Either 1) (as you say) there will be a new "sub division" for the elite money teams, or 2) the ACC is not going anywhere, but perhaps a few teams might be able to buy their way out if they get some relief from the courts.

That's it. Period. Teams are still paying to get out of the P12 and that deal was at it's end of life.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2024 04:31 PM by CaliforniaCowboy.)
03-19-2024 04:30 PM
Endless Purple Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TCU UH
Comes down to if the ESPN contract gets renewed for 2027. If ESPN does not renew and the ACC does not gat a fair market value from someone else, then the GOR contract has no value without the ACC paying them for it. Can't just hold their rights without any return payment to the schools.

ESPN has the power to break the GOR.
03-19-2024 09:56 PM
goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(03-19-2024 01:21 PM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  The ACC ain't going anywhere

Agree the league will survive what ever happens. They in no way will lose enough members to shut down. They have a few easy grabs to make if they need to. USF, Tulane, Memphis, Uconn. Wash State, Or state.
03-19-2024 10:37 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(03-19-2024 04:30 PM)CaliforniaCowboy Wrote:  
(03-19-2024 03:52 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Who knows TBH. With everything that is going on we could be looking at a whole new landscape in a couple years from now. Conferences might just be done away with as we know it save for the SEC/B10.

Exactly. This type of rubbish regurgitation posted in this thread is a sign of college football ignorance.

Either 1) (as you say) there will be a new "sub division" for the elite money teams, or 2) the ACC is not going anywhere, but perhaps a few teams might be able to buy their way out if they get some relief from the courts.

That's it. Period. Teams are still paying to get out of the P12 and that deal was at it's end of life.
Weren’t you the one saying the same stuff about the PAC 12? And how we wouldn’t add any of those teams? Hmm..
03-19-2024 11:42 PM
Advertisement

CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(03-19-2024 11:42 PM)BraveKnight Wrote:  Weren’t you the one saying the same stuff about the PAC 12? And how we wouldn’t add any of those teams? Hmm..

no.

i may have posted where the President of AZ said something like that. I may have said something like if they stay together they could land a contract better than ours, but they didn't.

and... the PAC 12 has not gone away, they still exist, and you'll be hearing more from them (expansion) once the lawsuits are settled.
03-20-2024 08:48 AM
multicampus Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Multiple
(03-19-2024 11:27 AM)BraveKnight Wrote:  Any chance we want Georgia Tech?

GT brings nothing to anyone’s table. They have absolutely no following.

The generation of people that remember Tech being relevant is way older than any demographic that is desirable to the marketers.
03-21-2024 08:52 AM
multicampus Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Multiple
FSU and Clemson voluntarily entered into the grant of rights. They gave up their “free exercise” of their own accord.
03-21-2024 08:53 AM
CaliforniaCowboy Offline
1st String

(03-21-2024 08:53 AM)multicampus Wrote:  FSU and Clemson voluntarily entered into the grant of rights. They gave up their “free exercise” of their own accord.

apparently that is only a part of what is being argued, they're are working on a discrepancy in the wording between the GOR and the Media contract signed by the ACC with ESPN.

you can read about it in the link that I posted
03-21-2024 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.