After winning it last year no teams in NIT
03-18-2024 07:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: CUSA gets snubbed from NIT
I think the powers that be have given most of the mid-majors all the notice they need. They changed the NIT to favor high majors and no longer give NIT bids to mid-major runner ups. Then Indiana State with a 28 NET rating wasn't one of the first 4 in the NCAAT over teams with lower NET ratings.

The changes by the powers have made it clear, we don't want mid-majors in our tournaments over high majors and even if you play by our rules (with the NET rating system and changes to NIT) we will still find a way to keep you out. MVC and Horizon League are officially just one-bid conferences now. Just like CUSA, MAC, and SBC. It's essentially just the MWC and the A10 that are consistently getting multiple bids and even the A10 doesn't seem to get as many as they used to.
03-18-2024 08:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
Honeslty was not as bad as I figured would be but thats mainly due to a lot of P5s declining. There are 0 teams that need to be in NIT with losing record like Xavier. Should have been La Tech there..
03-18-2024 09:38 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
Under previous NIT selection policies, SHSU would have been an automatic bid and should have been in this year. Screwed up system catering to big brands.
03-18-2024 10:37 AM
Info Hound Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Fightn Blue Hens
Xavier got into the NIT with a losing record.

They even lost to us, and UD wasn't very good.

Sammy should have the opportunity.
03-18-2024 11:28 AM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Offline
All American

I Root For: NMSU
With the new NIT rules, the Regular Season Champions that got snubbed are as follows...

Eastern Kentucky - ASUN
Eastern Washington - Big Sky
High Point - Big South
Sam Houston - CUSA
Toledo - MAC
Norfolk State - MEAC
Central Connecticut - NEC
(This post was last modified: 03-18-2024 11:40 AM by NMSUPistolPete.)
03-18-2024 11:39 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
There's a giant monopoly in college sports and has always been like that and no one gives a Schiff. There's no squeaky wheels to make them want to oil the wheel. The conferences should just not play these Cartels at all...none of them. Everyone gripes that we won't have an equal playing field if we don't play the Cartels but it's not like they're doing us any favors. We're the Double A level baseball teams to the Major Leagues.
03-18-2024 01:41 PM
Tech80 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(03-18-2024 09:38 AM)WKUFan518 Wrote:  Honeslty was not as bad as I figured would be but thats mainly due to a lot of P5s declining. There are 0 teams that need to be in NIT with losing record like Xavier. Should have been La Tech there..

Appreciate the support, but Tech should have gotten in only after SHSU did. They were conference champs and beat us twice.
03-19-2024 03:21 PM
EatEmUp11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Sam Houston State
It sucks that we missed the auto-bid but not going to cry poor and act like mid-majors in peer leagues didn’t earn bids to the NIT. Saint Joe’s, App State, Cornell, UC Irvine and others made the NIT this season. Hell, Indiana State might be the favorite.

I hate the monopoly on college sports. It’s dumb that 16-17 Xavier got to go down to Athens and lose to Georgia. But we’ll still get plenty of non power teams in the NIT, just fewer low-majors and below average conference winners. Do I hate that it had to happen this year? Of course. But looking on the bright side, it at least rewards difficult scheduling and teams with quality wins.

SHSU made it last year, earning a three seed as an at large. Beat Utah and Oklahoma and won 14 WAC games. This year’s squad nearly knocked off Ole Miss. But they also lost to Texas State and Utah Valley at home, and Missouri State on the road. Not good enough.
03-20-2024 12:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.