Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northwestern Football Still Looking for Home Game Stadiums
Bookmark and Share
mustangfootball2004 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
Northwestern Football Still Looking for Home Game Stadiums
With Ryan Field construction underway, NU still hasn't finilized their schedule for this year. Although, they will play Indiana at Seat Geak. I might plan a trip for that one. I live close to the stadium.

https://www.si.com/college/indiana/big-t...a-hoosiers
02-29-2024 11:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, WHITE SOX
RE: Northwestern Football Still Looking for Home Game Stadiums
(02-29-2024 11:52 AM)mustangfootball2004 Wrote:  With Ryan Field construction underway, NU still hasn't finilized their schedule for this year. Although, they will play Indiana at Seat Geak. I might plan a trip for that one. I live close to the stadium.

STF better be offering Huskie Stadium for any of the open dates for a small fee of say $75K - $100K a game or a home game in return down the road at Huskie Stadium when they have an open date. All other options are going to cost more.

Absolutely no reason NIU should not be looking to make some money on this from them.
(This post was last modified: 02-29-2024 02:14 PM by HuskiePride12.)
02-29-2024 02:13 PM
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
(02-29-2024 02:13 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(02-29-2024 11:52 AM)mustangfootball2004 Wrote:  With Ryan Field construction underway, NU still hasn't finilized their schedule for this year. Although, they will play Indiana at Seat Geak. I might plan a trip for that one. I live close to the stadium.

STF better be offering Huskie Stadium for any of the open dates for a small fee of say $75K - $100K a game or a home game in return down the road at Huskie Stadium when they have an open date. All other options are going to cost more.

Absolutely no reason NIU should not be looking to make some money on this from them.

I'm sure NU has plenty of alumni in the western suburbs as well. This move seems too high-brow and energy consuming for oolf-cart Frazier.
02-29-2024 02:35 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
They'll end up going to the rural Bourbonnais area like the Bears used to (or still do) for spring (?) training camp...snooze. That area is so rural and boring, nothing to do down there.
03-01-2024 12:29 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

(02-29-2024 02:35 PM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  

I'm sure NU has plenty of alumni in the western suburbs as well. This move seems too high-brow and energy consuming for oolf-cart Frazier.

100% they do. As long as it wouldn't interfere with NIU games, seems like a no brainer. Maybe if NIU athletics got that much fire under their ass they could piggyback off of one of the games with NU and have a "double header" at Huskie Stadium. (wouldn't be easy to do I understand)

This is one of those things that won't come around again most likely so NIU should look at a way to profit off of it. The money in from it could easily be put right back into the stadium since that is the item making the money. Kind of like the Bears playing at U of I where they funded a few updates for them.

NIU paid 600K back in 2007 for the rental of soldier field. Would be a steal for NU to pay $100K a game at NIU or Split it where some is cash and the other is a return game against NIU at Huskie Stadium (non cancel-able in the contract)
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2024 08:04 AM by HuskiePride12.)
03-01-2024 08:03 AM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

Northwestern theoretically should rent NIUs stadium. As they wouldn't be able to fill that place up, and if they did, it would be with visiting fans.

However knowing them, they are too grand to play there. They'll rent out Soldier Field or something, just to say they can. Pinkies up!
03-01-2024 09:01 AM
Advertisement

uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
(03-01-2024 09:01 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  Northwestern theoretically should rent NIUs stadium. As they wouldn't be able to fill that place up, and if they did, it would be with visiting fans.
However knowing them, they are too grand to play there. They'll rent out Soldier Field or something, just to say they can. Pinkies up!

Sorry but you cannot just look at it from the perspective of how it would help NIU.
Number one, playing a B1G game at Huskie Stadium would not work for some conference games, for example Ohio State. Way too many Buckeye fans, same can be said for Wisconsin. Aside from opener, Soldier Field generally isn't available. Keep in mind, outgoing president and CEO of Green Bay Packers Mike Murphy is a former NU athletic director and offered to help long ago.

Aug. 31 -- vs. Miami (OH) / expect moving game to Sunday, Sept. 1 at Soldier Field
Sept. 7 -- vs. Duke / expect them to use SeatGeek
sept. 14 -- vs. Eastern Illinois / expect them to use SeatGeek
Sept. 21 -- at Washington
Oct. 5 -- vs. Indiana / Already moved to SeatGeek
Oct. 12 -- at Maryland
Oct. 19 -- vs. Wisconsin / Unhappy NU fans but most likely Lambeau to make money
Oct. 26 -- at Iowa
Nov. 2 -- at Purdue
Nov. 16 -- vs. Ohio State / NU fans will already know the route to Lambeau
Nov. 23 -- at Michigan
Nov. 30 -- vs. Illinois / Most likely Wrigley Field
03-01-2024 10:06 AM
Big Red Offline
All American

(03-01-2024 09:01 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  Northwestern theoretically should rent NIUs stadium. As they wouldn't be able to fill that place up, and if they did, it would be with visiting fans.

It makes way more sense for them to play in Soldier Field than Huskie Stadium.
03-01-2024 10:18 AM
Big Red Offline
All American

(03-01-2024 10:06 AM)uiniu57 Wrote:  

Sorry but you cannot just look at it from the perspective of how it would help NIU.
Number one, playing a B1G game at Huskie Stadium would not work for some conference games, for example Ohio State. Way too many Buckeye fans, same can be said for Wisconsin. Aside from opener, Soldier Field generally isn't available. Keep in mind, outgoing president and CEO of Green Bay Packers Mike Murphy is a former NU athletic director and offered to help long ago.

Aug. 31 -- vs. Miami (OH) / expect moving game to Sunday, Sept. 1 at Soldier Field
Sept. 7 -- vs. Duke / expect them to use SeatGeek
sept. 14 -- vs. Eastern Illinois / expect them to use SeatGeek
Sept. 21 -- at Washington
Oct. 5 -- vs. Indiana / Already moved to SeatGeek
Oct. 12 -- at Maryland
Oct. 19 -- vs. Wisconsin / Unhappy NU fans but most likely Lambeau to make money
Oct. 26 -- at Iowa
Nov. 2 -- at Purdue
Nov. 16 -- vs. Ohio State / NU fans will already know the route to Lambeau
Nov. 23 -- at Michigan
Nov. 30 -- vs. Illinois / Most likely Wrigley Field

I thought it was already decided the Ohio State game was going to be at Wrigley?

Update after googling: Okay... it's not official but its being reported that is the plan.
03-01-2024 10:21 AM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

(03-01-2024 10:18 AM)Big Red Wrote:  

It makes way more sense for them to play in Soldier Field than Huskie Stadium.

The field rental would be close to $1mil per game and there can't be a game played on the field the day prior to a bears game as a part of their agreement with the Bears from what I've read in the past.

I don't see Miami OH or Duke putting tons of fans in the stands for any location, which those type of games would work for Dekalb
03-01-2024 12:52 PM
randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

In the past we didn’t want a Northwestern Medicine as a sponsor or Illini Tire sign on campus.

But now we are demanding an offer be made to have NW play a home game at NIU. 03-lmfao
03-02-2024 03:54 PM
Advertisement

uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer
Exclamation RE: Northwestern Football Still Looking for Home Game Stadiums
(03-02-2024 03:54 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  In the past we didn’t want a Northwestern Medicine as a sponsor or Illini Tire sign on campus.
But now we are demanding an offer be made to have NW play a home game at NIU. 03-lmfao

You noticed that irony as well. In addition, let's give Northwestern another reason to look down on us after they visit our ancient urinal troughs, experience the shortage of hot dogs and bottled water, and perhaps get to experience STF in a golf cart ignoring them.
03-02-2024 05:30 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(03-02-2024 03:54 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  In the past we didn’t want a Northwestern Medicine as a sponsor or Illini Tire sign on campus.

The delusion in here lol
03-02-2024 08:49 PM
HuskiePride12 Offline
Heisman

(03-02-2024 08:49 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

The delusion in here lol

We will never be on the level of a big ten team. Take advantage of them when you can.

The SEC and big ten are almost in their own league now with the way they are dictating things with the playoff and how much the leagues make with media.
03-03-2024 12:22 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(03-02-2024 05:30 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  

You noticed that irony as well. In addition, let's give Northwestern another reason to look down on us after they visit our ancient urinal troughs, experience the shortage of hot dogs and bottled water, and perhaps get to experience STF in a golf cart ignoring them.

Urinal troughs should be mandatory in every public restroom. Let’s see what everyone is working with.
03-03-2024 02:27 AM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(03-03-2024 12:22 AM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  
(03-02-2024 08:49 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

The delusion in here lol

We will never be on the level of a big ten team. Take advantage of them when you can.

The SEC and big ten are almost in their own league now with the way they are dictating things with the playoff and how much the leagues make with media.

I agree. It's the Jr NFL and the rest of us G League, AAA baseball teams. We might as well partner with find a Big Ten partner to be the official farm team to. Let's get paid for our efforts.
03-03-2024 08:52 AM
Advertisement

randyfensfanclub1 Offline
All American

(03-03-2024 02:27 AM)holybovine Wrote:  
(03-02-2024 05:30 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
03-drunk
03-drunk

Urinal troughs should be mandatory in every public restroom. Let’s see what everyone is working with.
Ive mentioned in the past, UI horseshoe has a wall to pee on, with water running down. You step up. And the sink is big 1/2 circle you take a step up too, water streaming out automatically . I once saw a guy from visiting team piss in the sink. He honestly thought it was a urinal. 03-lmfao04-drinky
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2024 09:25 AM by randyfensfanclub1.)
03-03-2024 09:25 AM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

03-03-2024 12:06 PM
Schaefer Beer Offline
1st String

I hope for 75-100k that Notthwestern doesn't expects to have hot dogs at the concession stands.
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2024 12:09 PM by Schaefer Beer.)
03-03-2024 12:08 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
IF, if NU were to use Huskies Stadium it would be a trade for a future game with a decent pay out. They are not paying us $$ up front.
03-03-2024 03:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.