TV: ESPN+
02-29-2024 01:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Outsider Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
RE: WAC MEN’S BASKETBALL WEEK #17
This is a VERY important week for us. We are in a 3-way tie for 6th and need these wins over the Utah schools. We have the series over Utah Tech if we can keep up the pressure. SUU will be another story. They have the goods against us in the series and in size. We always struggle with them. Can finally figure out what we need and get over the hump with the Thunderbirds? Can we carry the momentum?
02-29-2024 08:30 AM
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
(02-29-2024 08:30 AM)Outsider Wrote:  This is a VERY important week for us. We are in a 3-way tie for 6th and need these wins over the Utah schools. We have the series over Utah Tech if we can keep up the pressure. SUU will be another story. They have the goods against us in the series and in size. We always struggle with them. Can finally figure out what we need and get over the hump with the Thunderbirds? Can we carry the momentum?

Good luck.
By the way, ACU's win over GCU was excellent, congratulations, but it incidently was the last nail in the coffin for UTRGV going to Las Vegas. Even before that it would've required a miracle but your 7th win made it mathematically impossible.
02-29-2024 05:41 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

(02-29-2024 05:41 PM)edinburger Wrote:  
(02-29-2024 08:30 AM)Outsider Wrote:  This is a VERY important week for us. We are in a 3-way tie for 6th and need these wins over the Utah schools. We have the series over Utah Tech if we can keep up the pressure. SUU will be another story. They have the goods against us in the series and in size. We always struggle with them. Can finally figure out what we need and get over the hump with the Thunderbirds? Can we carry the momentum?

Good luck.
By the way, ACU's win over GCU was excellent, congratulations, but it incidently was the last nail in the coffin for UTRGV going to Las Vegas. Even before that it would've required a miracle but your 7th win made it mathematically impossible.

You guys are on the cusp of having a really good season.
02-29-2024 06:41 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tarleton Baylor
Texans and the Lopes both take care of business tonight, neither with any margin for error in the race. Both with some tough match ups down the stretch. ACU will most likely make the WAC Tourney if they win against UT on Saturday. Refs at UT are horrendous!
02-29-2024 11:54 PM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
Sometimes during a season, there’s a game that goes in a direction you just didn’t see coming. UTA takes a 50-21 halftime lead to a 82-62 win at Seattle.
03-01-2024 12:27 AM
Advertisement

Outsider Offline
1st String

ACU took care of business against SUU. Fortunately we are hitting on most cylinders right now and SUU has been struggling a bit, so we prevented the season sweep by them. It was still a tight game for most of the clock. Now, to take care of business at UT.
03-01-2024 08:52 AM
wewererebels Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UT Arlington
(03-01-2024 12:27 AM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  Sometimes during a season, there’s a game that goes in a direction you just didn’t see coming. UTA takes a 50-21 halftime lead to a 82-62 win at Seattle.
Maybe Seattle didn't adapt well after their point guard was ejected in the first half. At any rate, I'm glad the Mavericks held on for the victory.
03-01-2024 02:42 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I caught the last 5 min plus OT of the SFA/CBU game. Man that was a physical brawl! I did not particularly care who won but I was just hoping all the best players fouled out before they got hurt because we need both at full strength to play GCU!
03-02-2024 12:49 AM
FoUTASportscaster Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTA
Barring a major change, UTA should be a top four seed in the conference tourney after today’s 78-65 win at Utah Valley.

GCU should be one, Tarleton two, Seattle three. We’ll see what it looks like tomorrow, but Seattle was .83 points ahead at the start of the day.

Mavs have one game next week to Seattle’s two, so they’d need help getting to three.
03-02-2024 09:12 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
Looks like ACU is moving up in seeding. Beating Utah Tech in Utah puts us in the tourney but it also is our sixth straight win.
03-02-2024 11:01 PM
Advertisement

Outsider Offline
1st String

UT played their heart out and it was a back-and-forth game all night. I really didn't feel comfortable until just over the final minute mark. We struggled again with bench points and rebounds but got FTs and turnovers. The final was 86-79 ACU. I am not sure about the final two games with SU and UVU, even with them being at home.
03-02-2024 11:03 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

(03-02-2024 09:12 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  Barring a major change, UTA should be a top four seed in the conference tourney after today’s 78-65 win at Utah Valley.

GCU should be one, Tarleton two, Seattle three. We’ll see what it looks like tomorrow, but Seattle was .83 points ahead at the start of the day.

Mavs have one game next week to Seattle’s two, so they’d need help getting to three.

I was happy to hear about your win over UVU. Hopefully we can beat them as well and bump us up some more.
03-02-2024 11:05 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I was impressed with the broadcast and announcers. They had studied the teams and knew the game and did a very professional job. They kept the game in context throughout the whole time. Hats off to UT. I think the trailblazers are a tough team and should have a better record. But this is the WAC and anything seems possible, both good and bad. Sort of reminds me of the basketball strength of the Big 12.
03-02-2024 11:18 PM
TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
(03-02-2024 09:12 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  Barring a major change, UTA should be a top four seed in the conference tourney after today’s 78-65 win at Utah Valley.

Next week
UTA home vs CBU
Seattle at ACU & Tarleton

If Seattle goes 1-1, I think they are the three seed.
03-02-2024 11:42 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

(03-02-2024 11:42 PM)TexanFan Wrote:  

Next week
UTA home vs CBU
Seattle at ACU & Tarleton

If Seattle goes 1-1, I think they are the three seed.

Pretty much agree with you. Tarleton has bloomed in the second half of the season while GCU has wilted some, losing to the Texans as well as ACU. I guess overall records mean GCU will be the one seed, but the Texans sure come close at this time of the schedule. Seattle is a bit of an on-off switch, one cannot say for certain they are a 3 seed or will play at that level but that is the nature of the WAC. Another puzzle is SFA. Which team will show up for them?

The tourney will likely have some surprises from any perspective. UTA is another head scratcher. They can be pretty salty from time to time. The WACVegas will be fun for some and disappointing for others. ACU is just glad to get in and hope to play well. The Wildcats did not start well and it took a while for the starting lineup to emerge. Now they are a very different team than at the start.
03-03-2024 01:33 AM
Advertisement

WestTexas409 Offline
Water Engineer

Tarleton could win the conference but GCU will still be the #1 seed based on the resume seeding. Got nothing to do with conference record.
03-03-2024 09:59 AM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I will take a conference Championship over a 1 seed in the tourney. 1 and 2 both get bye to the semis. We can not make the NCAA Tourney or the NIT ( BECAUSE OF RULE CHANGES) anyway.
03-03-2024 08:08 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

(03-03-2024 08:08 PM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  I will take a conference Championship over a 1 seed in the tourney. 1 and 2 both get bye to the semis. We can not make the NCAA Tourney or the NIT ( BECAUSE OF RULE CHANGES) anyway.

Yes, winning the conference title is more prestige than a seed in something that cannot allow you to go further. If you can, get that trophy in Texas.
03-03-2024 08:27 PM
TexanFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
If we win out, we are no worse than co-champs. If GCU loses to CBU and we win out, we are the champs.
03-03-2024 09:26 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.